Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

23 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Developmental project with significant upside.  Former super recruit who went to the same High School as Surtain and Anthony Schwartz and was almost as fast as Schwartz in the 100 M.  Schwartz is legitimately one of the fastest players in CFB, if not the fastest, and is an Olympic caliber sprinter.  Not as good as Surtain was coming out of HS, but almost as good and almost as highly ranked as a recruit.  Seemed to be on the track to CFB stardom as a Freshman starter, but never quite put it all together at Georgia--the story of a lot of the recruiting coups they've gotten...

Stokes was noticeably better than him this season to my eye.  Stokes is a good prospect in his own right, but he's very limited by his stringy build and marginal play strength.  Stokes is not one of those skinny-strong guys like Devonta Smith or Rondale Moore, he's just skinny.  Streamlined build with no lower-body mass at all, just built for speed.  But his speed is special and there is basically no one in the sport that can run away from him.

Well, Campbell is almost as fast, but he's got a bigger frame and has thicker legs and more functional power.  I think it's illuminating to see the difference in the quality of the Georgia and Alabama coaching staffs in the different levels of development between Surtain and Campbell as both enter the draft.  They came out of the same HS program where they were presumably getting the same level of coaching, and some services considered Campbell the superior player at the time.  Now Surtain is basically NFL ready and has gotten as far as you can go at the college level with mastery of route recognition, transition footwork, press-technique and release recognition, run support technique, consistency of motor/effort, etc.  Campbell is still a raw prospect at all of those things who doesn't look significantly better at them now than he did as a Freshman.  There is just a fundamentally different level of professionalism and competitiveness between the Alabama and Georgia programs, and I think it's the single biggest reason why Georgia can't get over the hump against them because they are recruiting just as well.

It looks like the Ohio State DBs come out much better taught and developed than the Georgia guys too.

Anyway, there is college polish and excellence and NFL polish and excellence and they are a long way from each other.  And even super polished and talented corner prospects can struggle as young players (Okudah) because man coverage is such a different animal at the next level.  I think a good coaching staff could make something good out of Campbell over time, but I think he is solidly behind the first two tiers of players at his position (Newsome, Horn, Surtain, Farley, Stokes, etc.) and is in that clump of players with Samuel and the Syracuse guys in like a third round range.  That's where I would feel comfortable taking on a multi-year project like him.  There is no way he would be BPA for me at pretty much any point in the second round.

That's really good insight.  Only caveat would be regarding Surtain in that you have to factor in his Dad who presumably coached him up on the position during his upbringing.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

I think the draft lines up really well to get a WR in rounds 2-7, if BPA. I keep ending up with Elijah Moore with our 2nd (could be a late first, compared to Tyler Lockett), Dyami Brown from UNC,etc.

Any favorite slot WR (or any WRs) for us?

Now that Rondale Moore from Purdue measured 5’7, he should drop a bit. Very strong, thickly built, athletic player we could convert him to RB like Gibson.

We definitely need help at WR, even with the FA signings, especially a slot/KR/PR.

I like Dwayne Eskridge. 

I think the reason why there is so much talk about targeting multiple positions in the first round is that their Draft Big Board is not set yet. I think we will start to hear more about a few specific targets that would be their preferred choice. Obviously being at 19, they have to see how the draft plays out on the day and who falls to them.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like @KDawg's guy, Werner, if I can get him later at LB.  But he wasn't there either time in the third.  I took him in the 2nd in my 2nd mock.  My favorite TEs after them I think there is a drop off:  Freiermuth, Tremble, Jordan.  I had my pick of them in the 2nd but they were gone in the third. 

I like both of those classes... except for Peter Werner in the second.  I'm a little hesitant to tee off on Pete Werner since he's a clean player and a board favorite, but I can't stand players like him and I kind of have to speak my peace and then I'll shut up about him.  I think he's the definition of a JAG.  I think he is a smart player and a fluid and bouncey athlete with all of the size and range in coverage and run support that you want from the position.  But I think he's a Tin Man who is one of those guys who tries hard enough to look like he's playing hard but he isn't really.  He's content to blend in rather than dominate and I don't think he ever takes chances or makes special plays.  And I think you see the evidence of his soft play in things like him routinely being the last one into the scrum, being late to rallies and in his lack of solo stops, the lack of big play finishing.

I just killed Baron Browning a couple of posts ago, but at least with him you see him flashing the jaw dropping plays from time to time.  And I've killed Nick Bolton too, but I would rather draft Bolton on day three than Werner on day two because at least Bolton is a big bully who plays with energy and fire instead of constantly making business decisions out there and letting his teammates finish his big plays for him.

I think Werner is a reliable and athletic player whose strengths translate to the next level, and he will have a long career in the NFL, but that no one will ever be excited about having him on their roster.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

I think the reason why there is so much talk about targeting multiple positions in the first round is that their Draft Big Board is not set yet. I think we will start to hear more about a few specific targets that would be their preferred choice. Obviously being at 19, they have to see how the draft plays out on the day and who falls to them.

At this point their board should mostly be finalized and they are building in-house consensus on prospects and scenarios.  But the uncertainty mainly comes from picking later in the rounds so we just don't know who is going to be there.

I could be wrong, but I think Darrisaw is their first choice among the non-QBs who might realistically be there.  I think they'd draft a surprise faller among the elite players for sure, and I think they'd pounce on a QB trade up if it wasn't very expensive.  But excluding those less likely scenarios, I think Darrisaw is the one they want to be there.  It's after him that I'm not so sure about, and that's where I think the preference then becomes to trade down if there is a taker looking to move up.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

That's really good insight.  Only caveat would be regarding Surtain in that you have to factor in his Dad who presumably coached him up on the position during his upbringing.  

I think that is very likely a part of it, but Surtain's dad was actually the head coach of their H.S. football team so you'd figure Campbell would be getting some of that NFL grooming too.

I think another big part of it is just how good the Alabama coaches are.  And they seem to do a good job with their DBs in particular.  They've put a lot of them in the NFL, but mainly they just get those guys playing on a string so well and they make them look really good.  They've got a good system where everyone seems to know when they're going to play and where they fit and what is expected of them, and very rarely do you get the sense from watching them that they are lost out there.  The last time you saw a lot of those kinds of breakdowns was the year Mack Wilson and Deionte Thompson were supposed to be their best players, and it was the rare season where they had a bunch of injuries and early exits and had some trouble reloading that year.  Other than that, they are just a well-oiled machine of incredibly focused and competitive players/staff.  Everyone is trying to get some of that Alabama machine for themselves by hiring Pruitt or Sarkisian or Kirby Smart, but they only ever get a piece of it for themselves rather than importing the machine whole.  It has never worked as well.

• Like 4

I’m just thinking out loud here, but so much of the draft is about projection as well as production. But right now, even though Jamin Davis has much better speed than Zaven Collins its negated to a degree by not just his false steps, but the choppiness or balance of his steps, when he has to read and react. Zaven  plays with much better balance right now and is surprisingly good at choosing his angles. He knows where he has help and he knows his own limitations and does his best to phone booth a guy as much as possible.

The thing is, in the NFL he won’t be able to contain guys as well so his weaknesses will be much more exploitable and there isn’t much he can personally change to fix that. But, what he does well, from his awareness and understanding of run/pass lanes, and the ease with which he can penetrate when he wants to is evident. He doesn’t have much juice, but there is an extra gear there when he sees an opening that I’d love to see flash more and maybe our staff can unlock that. 

Right now it’s JOK, Zaven, Jamin for me. Neither of them are perfect or complete LB’s but what they do well at is really high end for the first two and Jamin has so much promise that is a bit more well rounded than the others when you project out his skill set and clean up his awareness and technique a bit. 

• Like 2

Would really like to see the WFT sign FA Alejandro Villanueva on a 2 year deal as our LT.  If we miss in the draft of signing Darrisaw or Jenkins (if the WFT believes he can play LT) than we have our LT covered for this year and next until and 2023 for us to be able to draft a franchise LT.  Fitz and if we draft a QB in Rounds 1-3 would be protected.  Even if we were able to land our LT in the 1st you can let the 1st round LT play RT and trade Moses for 2nd or 3rd round pick possibly or keep Moses for depth.  Options.

• Like 1

Just now, RWJ said:

Would really like to see the WFT sign FA Alejandro Villanueva on a 2 year deal as our LT.  If we miss in the draft of signing Darrisaw or Jenkins (if the WFT believes he can play LT) than we have our LT covered for this year and next until and 2023 for us to be able to draft a franchise LT.  Fitz and if we draft a QB in Rounds 1-3 would be protected.  Even if we were able to land our LT in the 1st you can let the 1st round LT play RT and trade Moses for 2nd or 3rd round pick possibly or keep Moses for depth.  Options.

he’s definitely the premier option left, I think he’s wanted back by the Steelers but they are both letting things play out. I would guess he’ll get 10mil plus per year. Not sure I’m keen on that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

he’s definitely the premier option left, I think he’s wanted back by the Steelers but they are both letting things play out. I would guess he’ll get 10mil plus per year. Not sure I’m keen on that.

He is.  HIs name has been mentioned to us as an option.  We could afford him and we'd have options if we signed him.  :)

Edited by RWJ

1 hour ago, Die Hard said:

Najee Harris in first.

Elijah Moore in 2nd.

Tremble in 3rd.

Werner in 3rd.

Fill the rest of the holes through free agency next year.

And go all in (trading future draft capital on vet/draft pick) next year on Qb.

That’s an interesting take that runs against the prevailing wisdom. Those top 3 picks would dramatically transform our offense (though I have a feeling Moore is gone before our second pick, but maybe R. Moore instead?). It seems much more likely that they try to bolster the OL and upgrade the LB corps early, but I think your approach is really intriguing. 

Who could keep up with an offense that featured McLaurin, Samuels, Moore, Gibson, Harris, Thomas/Tremble? The versatility, depth and big play ability would rival any team in the NFL. That said, you’d enter 2022 still needing that QB of the future, and with a dramatically depleted OL that has 3 pieces likely leaving with no proven replacements, and the defense another year older with only modest assets added (I think Werner is gone well before our 2nd 3rd rounder, but we’ll see). 

I like the vision and the possibilities, but I don’t think it’s the tact they are likely to take. Good post.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I’d rather try and trade for Orlando Brown.

He is another option but that takes a draft pick away from us and take us out of the 2nd round (more than likely and cost of Brown) at possibly missing out of a QB that we want that might be taking in the 2nd.  I don't see Brown going for anything less than a 2nd and possibly more. 

50 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

At this point their board should mostly be finalized and they are building in-house consensus on prospects and scenarios.  But the uncertainty mainly comes from picking later in the rounds so we just don't know who is going to be there.

I could be wrong, but I think Darrisaw is their first choice among the non-QBs who might realistically be there.  I think they'd draft a surprise faller among the elite players for sure, and I think they'd pounce on a QB trade up if it wasn't very expensive.  But excluding those less likely scenarios, I think Darrisaw is the one they want to be there.  It's after him that I'm not so sure about, and that's where I think the preference then becomes to trade down if there is a taker looking to move up.

Steve, just for the sake of argument; lets say that we had 5 or 6 targets that we want and we got all of them, or very close. would we then try to take the rest of the picks to trade for next years draft? or continue to take other players this year?

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

He is another option but that takes a draft pick away from us and take us out of the 2nd round (more than likely and cost of Brown) at possibly missing out of a QB that we want that might be taking in the 2nd.  I don't see Brown going for anything less than a 2nd and possibly more. 

I'd be okay with that. Taking a QB at 51 its such an extreme longshot to ever work out, that I'd risk the 10% odds of finding the next Andy Dalton to trade for Brown. Or I'd just look at TE or WR or LB instead.

3 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I'd be okay with that. Taking a QB at 51 its such an extreme longshot to ever work out, that I'd risk the 10% odds of finding the next Andy Dalton to trade for Brown. Or I'd just look at TE or WR or LB instead.

Agree, QB in the second seems like a nothing move. Neither aggressive enough in the first to get a top prospect, nor a conservative selection in the mid rounds. 

It’s seems like a long shot to get any kind of real value and return with a QB at that pick.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I like both of those classes... except for Peter Werner in the second.  I'm a little hesitant to tee off on Pete Werner since he's a clean player and a board favorite, but I can't stand players like him and I kind of have to speak my peace and then I'll shut up about him.  I think he's the definition of a JAG.  I think he is a smart player and a fluid and bouncey athlete with all of the size and range in coverage and run support that you want from the position.  But I think he's a Tin Man who is one of those guys who tries hard enough to look like he's playing hard but he isn't really.  He's content to blend in rather than dominate and I don't think he ever takes chances or makes special plays.  And I think you see the evidence of his soft play in things like him routinely being the last one into the scrum, being late to rallies and in his lack of solo stops, the lack of big play finishing.

I just killed Baron Browning a couple of posts ago, but at least with him you see him flashing the jaw dropping plays from time to time.  And I've killed Nick Bolton too, but I would rather draft Bolton on day three than Werner on day two because at least Bolton is a big bully who plays with energy and fire instead of constantly making business decisions out there and letting his teammates finish his big plays for him.

I think Werner is a reliable and athletic player whose strengths translate to the next level, and he will have a long career in the NFL, but that no one will ever be excited about having him on their roster.

If you had to go with linebacker in the third-4th round who would you go with?   I see you've pushed Cameron McGrone some. 

McGrone actually would fit one of my key criteria which is sideline to sideline range who is good at open field tackling.    I am ok with him especially if its the 4th round range.   In the games I watched they used him quite a bit moving forward-going after the QB. 

I just watched him.

My take:

Pros

5 star recruit, only 20 years old, lots of upside

Plays with his hair on fire -- love the energy he plays with

Sideline to slide range -- good open field tackler

Puts his whole body into his tackles to ensure he gets his man down.  Once he has a player in his grasp he brings them down.  The type to stop playmakers who are good at breaking tackles.

Can blitz and attack the QB  but seems more of a threat as for making QBs hurry their throws as opposed to getting sacks

Doesn't give up on plays, saw a couple really great plays where he chased plays far down the field

Cons

Gets fooled by misdirection

Plays a bit too wild and out of control at times

Sometimes late at play recognition

Not a take on O lineman old school type as for his strength/physicality.  A LB that does better if he's kept clean to make plays.  He can get washed out of plays if swallowed by an O lineman

You don't see him drop much in coverage compared to other LBs I watched-- don't know if he has the skill set on that front but didn't see anything alamingly bad.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7

25 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Agree, QB in the second seems like a nothing move. Neither aggressive enough in the first to get a top prospect, nor a conservative selection in the mid rounds. 

It’s seems like a long shot to get any kind of real value and return with a QB at that pick.

That's cool but I was talking in terms of IF the WFT was using the 2nd round to target a QB as has been mentioned.  :)

@Stormy in my mind if our mindset is to ignore the QB position unless Lance or Fields fall within striking distance, and look to next year’s draft for a QB (and possibly trading future draft capital) ... I’m hoping for:

1: LT

2: WR

3: LB

3: OG

4: TE

5: RB

if you hit on these picks, you set yourself

up nicely on offense long term, and you free up picks in 2022 and 2023 to trade for a QB ... and you’re set at your highest price positions (OL, Edge, CB, WR) ... areas you’d presumably want to spend early draft capital on or have to spend huge $$ in free agency. Holes will obviously emerge. But you’ll have cap space and big positions on rookie deals to fill holes next year and go all in on QB with draft capital and a nearly complete team.

Extend Allen and Payne and let Scherff walk next off season and with LT, and RG in this draft plus Charles and Ismael from last year on rookie deals. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 3

2021 holes:

LT, TE2 LB, FS, DE depth

+ 2022 holes:

LT, TE, LB, FS, TE1, TE2, RG, DL Depth

Assume we extend Allen, so DT not a major “need” but probably a depth need in 2022. 

So if you hit LT, RG, TE, LB in Rounds 1-3 and RB, DE in 4/5, you’ll enter 2022 off season needing:

FS, TE1, DL depth, WR

Obviously FS could be Boston this and next year. Or Everett or Reaves. Logan Thomas is a FA next year. As is Moses but presuming you bring them back on extensions, there won’t be any holes, or at least “high profile” holes as in positions that cost blue chip picks or big FA $$ ... you could obviously use talent I fusions through every draft for depth and to accommodate fall offs from other players. WR may or may not be a big need depending on how the group plays this year. Could always add talent but it won’t be a high need.

But ultimately that draft this year would set next off season up really well to go “all in” on a QB. Be it Watson (legal trouble cleared) or a rookie QB that emerges as a top target. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 1

Looking at Jeremiah's latest mock from a few days ago, if it unfolds this way, I'd  either take Darrisaw or trade down if I could

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2021-nfl-mock-draft-3-0-49ers-go-all-in-on-mac-jones

Pick

Las Vegas Raiders

Las Vegas Raiders

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

Notre Dame · LB

New defensive coordinator Gus Bradley requires a lot of speed, athleticism and coverability from his linebackers. Owusu-Koramoah gives you plenty of each. With Las Vegas signing Yannick Ngakoue to pair up with Maxx Crosby, I'm not as concerned about the Raiders' edge-rush woes as I was before free agency.

Pick

Miami Dolphins

Miami Dolphins

Gregory Rousseau

Miami · Edge

Rousseau had some stiffness in his pro day workout, which concerned some teams. That said, look at his combination of size, length and production. Plus, his impressive 10-yard split time (1.57 seconds) will carry a lot of weight in evaluations.

Pick

Washington Football Team

Washington Football Team

Alijah Vera-Tucker

USC · OL

I liked that Washington kept guard Brandon Scherff (franchise tag), but the Football Team still needs to upgrade the offensive line. Vera-Tucker has the versatility to play tackle or guard.

Pick

Chicago Bears

Chicago Bears

Greg Newsome II

Northwestern · CB

Newsome is a plug-and-play guy who can replace Kyle Fuller. The Bears could also go with an offensive tackle here.

Pick

Indianapolis Colts

Indianapolis Colts

Christian Darrisaw

Virginia Tech · OT

Indianapolis has a hole at left tackle in the wake of Anthony Castonzo's retirement. Darrisaw can slide right in and be a starter at the position.

Pick

Tennessee Titans

Tennessee Titans

Caleb Farley

Virginia Tech · CB

I view Farley as one of the top five players in the draft, but he's likely to slide a bit after undergoing a back procedure that kept him from working out at Virginia Tech's pro day. The Titans were rewarded for stopping Jeffery Simmons' slide a couple years ago, and things could play out similarly in this scenario.

Pick

New York Jets

New York Jets

Azeez Ojulari

Georgia · Edge

Ojulari would be a good fit opposite Carl Lawson off the edge in Robert Saleh's defense.

Pick

Pittsburgh Steelers

Pittsburgh Steelers

Teven Jenkins

Oklahoma State · OT

The Steelers would have their choice of the top running backs here, but I think upgrading the offensive line will be the first order of business.

Pick

Jacksonville Jaguars

Jacksonville Jaguars

Trevon Moehrig

TCU · S

There are some intriguing options for the Jaguars with this pick, but Moehrig is just too clean a player to pass up.

Pick

Cleveland Browns

Cleveland Browns

Jamin Davis

Kentucky · LB

I've been president of the Davis fan club for a while now, but to say he destroyed at his pro day would be an understatement. It matches what I saw on tape, and he fills a need for Cleveland.

Pick

Baltimore Ravens

Baltimore Ravens

Jayson Oweh

Penn State · Edge

Oweh has lacked production but has not lacked disruption for the Nittany Lions. He showed his freakish athleticism at Penn State's pro day.

Pick

New Orleans Saints

New Orleans Saints

Asante Samuel Jr.

Florida State · CB

If the Saints don't make an ultra-aggressive move up the board to grab a sliding quarterback, finding a cornerback who can make plays on the ball would be a priority. Samuel answered any lingering questions about his speed at FSU's pro day.

Pick

Green Bay Packers

Green Bay Packers

Landon Dickerson

Alabama · C

Dickerson is the best pure interior offensive lineman available. I thought he might fall out of the first round after his ACL injury, but it appears his recovery is going smoothly. He can step in following the departure of Corey Linsley.

Pick

Buffalo Bills

Buffalo Bills

Joe Tryon

Washington · Edge

I could see Buffalo addressing the linebacker position, but finding another edge rusher to complement Jerry Hughes is a bigger priority.

Pick

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas City Chiefs

Kelvin Joseph

Kentucky · CB

Kansas City has always valued elite traits. Joseph is big, fast and explosive. He's a little bit raw, but he could team up with L'Jarius Sneed to give the Chiefs two young, athletic cornerbacks.

Pick

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Elijah Moore

Mississippi · WR

This is a luxury pick for the Bucs as they try to run it back with some insurance in case they do not re-sign Antonio Brown. Moore is a dynamic playmaker with a different skill set than Mike Evans and Chris Godwin.

2 hours ago, mudhog said:

Somehow, I can't see how Browning can be the best off-ball LB he's ever evaluated and not be great in coverage. I thought the whole allure to the off-ball LB was to play Will, and cover the speedy slot guys or stacked #2. 

Hes not the best off ball backer. :)

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

@Stormy in my mind if our mindset is to ignore the QB position unless Lance or Fields fall within striking distance, and look to next year’s draft for a QB (and possibly trading future draft capital) ... I’m hoping for:

1: LT

2: WR

3: LB

3: OG

4: TE

5: RB

if you hit on these picks, you set yourself

up nicely on offense long term, and you free up picks in 2022 and 2023 to trade for a QB ... and you’re set at your highest price positions (OL, Edge, CB, WR) ... areas you’d presumably want to spend early draft capital on or have to spend huge $$ in free agency. Holes will obviously emerge. But you’ll have cap space and big positions on rookie deals to fill holes next year and go all in on QB with draft capital and a nearly complete team.

Extend Allen and Payne and let Scherff walk next off season and with LT, and RG in this draft plus Charles and Ismael from last year on rookie deals. 

That’s a blueprint for good roster management, which I think will prevail over taking the big swing for a potential superstar skill position player in round 1 this year. There’s likely no one we could draft in round 1 this year who could make the instant splash of Harris, but it’s probably wise for the present/future to land an LT on a rookie contract if we can. Darrisaw is my hope if we go this route. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The thing that is being said that confuses me some if apparently they like the depth in the draft at both LT and LB.  Why keeping making that point?  I presume its related to them getting a Qb doesn't spell the end to those spots?

It also feels the same as some of us here say (including myself) that they take Darrisaw at 19 if he's there.  The Keim tweet I posted here sort of implies that.

I am probably thinking too hard about this but its fun for me so can't help it.  Also these type of reports I take much more seriously in the days leading to the draft versus now.  Keim in particular tends to have really good nuggets often on the money right before the action.  

You'd figure they also haven't landed hard on an opinion yet so the targets might be still moving. 

Nothing you don’t already know here SIP, but while I think the qb angle is a part of it, my guess is it’s more about the fluidity of the draft.  They’re eyeing LT and LB early, but if their guy’s are gone when their picks come up in the 1st/2nd, they think they can still address the positions (and they aren’t going to reach because they feel alright about who they have and/or who they could add in FA after the draft, or trade for during/after).  And by “address”, I mean guys that can actually compete for starting gigs immediately.

If we break down the tiers something like this:  1) immediate starter, 2) competition for starting role and eventual starter, 3) competition for depth and eventual competition for starting role, 4) depth and 5) purely developmental prospect (ideally guys with higher ceilings than the 4th tier, but lower floors as well)...

it seems to me we can find Tackles in Rds 1 and 2 in the first 2 tiers, and a tier 3 guy in Rd 3 (and maybe in the 4th). I’m obviously discounting the guys that surprise the coaches when they get into camp - like McLaurin did to an extent, and as Curl absolutely did.  I could see needing to either trade back in the 1st, or up in the 2nd to land a tier 1/2 guy w/o reaching.  Having Moses for 2 more years*, Lucas/Christian this year, and Charles in the wings means they can afford to wait for one of the tier 3 guys though.

LB is quite similar, IMO.  Our penciled in starters are probably a bit worse, but I think the chances of landing a tier 2 guy extends to the 3rd round or possibly even the 4th or beyond.

*I keep seeing people mentioning Moses as a FA next year, pretty sure that’s incorrect. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1