Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Seems to be Mac Jones week?  

washington_logo.png
Washington

Mac Jones

QB, Alabama

Details: Football Team gives up 2021 1st (No. 19), and two 2021 3rds for Chargers’ 2021 1st (No. 13) and 2021 6th

While I’m not so sure the smoke from the fire of Mac Jones’ rising stock will warrant him being selected as QB3 or QB4, I do think the teams in the back half of the first round who need a quarterback will be interested in him enough to make an offer to trade up.

Washington is one of those teams that quite literally has no good quarterback options right now. They have Alex Smith, whose journey was inspiring this season and should be recognized as such, but he’s turning 38 and would actually save the team about $15 million if released. You would, of course, want to meet with him and make sure if his days are done in Washington so that the send-off is done right. But all of that to say they have to get a new quarterback.

Washington could be one of those teams that believe they have to jump a team like New England or others looking to trade up to inject some life in their QB room.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I don't understand the 1st round hype of Bateman.  I'd like him on our team, and I also agree he seems more of a Z receiver.  But he's not really a contested catch guy, he doesn't catch well at full extension. 

With his speed, he won't need to be contesting many catches :) 

Edited by Chump Bailey

Yeah not a big fan of moving up for him. Is he worth to 3rds and a 1st in a string draft...no. It feels like grasping for straws.

The firs and 2 3rds could have been a starting LT, starting slot WR and a LB or TE or DB

Seeing a couple new mock drafts predicting 6 QBs going in the first round.  Lawrence, Wilson, Young, Fields, Jones and Mond.  While I don’t place any value in any one of these mocks, I am noticing a trend of including Jones and more recently Mond in the first round.  I still expect Mond to be a available with our first pick in round 3.  I like the young man and think he has a big upside, but the first round is way to high.

You don’t have to be a super athlete or have an elite arm if you make good decisions with the football. Brady and Manning are slow and have subpar NFL arm talent but look at their wives. If you make good decisions with the football, you get to marry Gisselle.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Javonte Williams is my current man crush. Power, balance and enough speed to do damage. Excellent hands as well. Would be a perfect compliment to Gibson. Would probably have to use our 2nd rounder on him if we wanted him. I dont think he makes it to us in the 3rd. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Javonte Williams is my current man crush. Power, balance and enough speed to do damage. Excellent hands as well. Would be a perfect compliment to Gibson. Would probably have to use our 2nd rounder on him if we wanted him. I dont think he makes it to us in the 3rd. 

Javonte is really good, his teammate Carter is almost as good though different type of back.  Javonte I agree goes somewhere in the 2nd Carter should be there in the third.

• Like 7
18 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

The only thing worse than drafting Mac Jones would be trading up to draft Mac Jones.

Yeah that's absolutely bizarre to me. I wouldn't be very enthusiastic about Jones at 19. I wouldn't necessarily hate it, I suppose...but trading up for a guy who IMO has such limited upside is nuts. That would be like giving up picks to move up to a borderline top 10 pick for a less athletic Andy Dalton.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, mistertim said:

Yeah that's absolutely bizarre to me. I wouldn't be very enthusiastic about Jones at 19. I wouldn't necessarily hate it, I suppose...but trading up for a guy who IMO has such limited upside is nuts. That would be like giving up picks to move up to a borderline top 10 pick for a less athletic Andy Dalton.

After using a first and two third round picks, stick the rookie QB behind an OL that is a work in process and provide him with below NFL average weapons.  Result = Failure.  I prefer to let the draft come to the WFT and to build the supporting cast before going all in for any particular QB.  

7 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

@Skinsinparadise Carter seems to be the last game changing RB in the draft after the top 3. I haven’t read up on the later RB’s, I’m sure there are a few, but Carter is electric and would be a great change of pace back for us. 

Najee and Etienne but who is the third? Sermon?Hubbard?

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Rolo Tomasie said:

I predict Mac Jones will have a more productive career in the NFL than Tua.

Thats possible. Tua didn't really light it up last year. I could see Jones being a Dalton type and having a solid ~8 year career as a starter, but that's probably his ceiling.

Tua could be a superstar but more likely he'll flame out.

12 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Javonte is really good, his teammate Carter is almost as good though different type of back.  Javonte I agree goes somewhere in the 2nd Carter should be there in the third.

I'm down with Carter in the 3rd.  Vision is the #1 attribute necessary for a RB.  He would then be the heir apparent for JD McKissic, while adding some depth on 1st/2nd downs to Gibson.

I love the combo of being a short RB with great vision.  LB's and S's can lose track of him while he somehow sees what they're doing.  He's got such a great feel for how the DL and OL leverage is going and moves off that on instinct.  I love it.

I wish we could grab Orlando Brown from the Ravens for a 2nd rounder instead of their asking price.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Joh Ledyard seems to be in love with this guy, but there's NO WAY I'm sleeping on him. I don't care if he has the vision of eagle, cuts like a knife, can catch and break tackles...I'll stay with my snoring spouse. 

giphy.gif