Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread


Recommended Posts

I'm not high on Fields at all and have expressed my doubts about him since day one. With that said, I would strongly consider trading up for him but I would absolutely NOT give up a future 1st. Something like a 2nd and a 4th or something like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm not high on Fields at all and have expressed my doubts about him since day one. With that said, I would strongly consider trading up for him but I would absolutely NOT give up a future 1st. Something like a 2nd and a 4th or something like that.

I'm with you on Fields. I'd rather not trade this years 2nd. The talent is just too good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My reservations about Fields are his pocket awareness and I think he's prone to getting rattled but there's a lot to work with there with him IMO. I'd like to see him keep his eyes down field better once he starts moving. A lot of flaws I think Fields has are generally things I would consider on the verge of nitpicky though, do those negatives really outweigh all the great things he does? 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tremble, one of my guys

 

 

 

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Justin Fields seems to be falling in various mock drafts in a way that is reminiscent of how DeShaun Watson fell in 2017.  My question is, what's a package we could put together if he makes it to 9, 12, or 13?  Would you all rather trade the '22 first or one of our defensive linemen in addition to #19?  Would you all trade Daron Payne or Jonathan Adams to go up and get Fields?

 

My gut is the mocks won't mirror reality.  Too many needy QB in the mix.  But on the off chance it happened, we'd have to trade at a minimum this years first and next years first and something else.  I'd trade Payne before trading Allen.  I'd do it.   But i doubt this sceanrio comes into play.  If we are going with mocks then some see Mac Jones as a top 10 pick, many a top 15, got my doubts he goes that high. 

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That last block in the first video was awesome haha. Yeah, totally sold of Tremble. That dude loves what he is doing out there.

 

 best TE blocker I've watched in years, IMO better than Hockenson at it and ditto Trautman.  And the dude can really motor to the 2nd level far down the field to block a dude in a way that i don't typically see from TE's.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mhd24 said:

NO paid a future first to go from 29 to 14 to take Marcus Davenport.  I don’t think it would cost that much to go from 19 to 9.  It would be similar to the Steelers-Denver trade for Devin Bush.  It would cost this year’s 2nd and next year’s third

 

Depends on what the board looks like.  All the guys taken between #9 (Devin) and #20 (Fant) were basically OL and DL.  The only non guy in the trenches was Dwayne Haskins.  Not exactly a lot of candidates people wanted to trade up for.

 

2018 comparisons:

Bills moved up from #12 to #7 to get Josh Allen and gave up a 2nd and a future 2nd (in addition to swapping 1sts). 

Cardinals moved up 5 spots (for Rosen) as well and gave up a 3rd and 5th (in addition to swapping 1sts).

 

2017 comparisons:

Chiefs moved from up from #27 to #10 and gave up a 3rd and future 1st (in addition to swapping 1sts).

Texans moved up from #25 to #12 and gave up a future 1st (in addition to swapping 1sts).

 

If we move up from #19 to say #7 (so ahead of Carolina and Denver), I think with either 2018 or 2017 prices, it'd cost us at least a future 1st.  Likely more than we'd want with how many QB needy teams there are.  There are 6 teams between picks #8 through #20 that nobody would be surprised if they traded up for a QB.  It wouldn't be hard to drive up the price tag on the trade.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

I’d trade Jonathan Adams because I have no idea who that is.  Ha Ha!  
If I were to trade, I’d trade the 22 first rounder over a d-lineman.

 

Whups, I'm watching his HBO miniseries so I've got John Adams on the brain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

 

If he just makes it to 9, then that puts him in play for us.  9 isn't crazy.

https://youtu.be/0yiMxZBz7fE

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2021/02/25/2021-nfl-draft-justin-fields-ohio-state-clemson-draft-quarterback/amp/

 

Great video on Fields. Bottom line: he improved reading defenses and going through progressions faster than last year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

 

If he just makes it to 9, then that puts him in play for us.  9 isn't crazy.

 

 

Yeah, but I figure that Carolina is destined to take a QB (their owner is fixated on getting a QB).  We all know Lawrence is going #1.  I figure Fields/Wilson go #2.  Atl either trades down (Carolina/Denver) to a team that wants a QB, takes a QB, or takes Sewell.  If Miami takes Sewell at 3, Atl is kind of screwed.  They are not taking a skill guy considering they have so much invested in it (Ridley is due an extension soon, Julio, Hearst).  They need defense and can get their preferred CB (Farley or Surtain) from either Carolina or Denver or they take Matt Ryan's heir apparent with Fields/Lance. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

 best TE blocker I've watched in years, IMO better than Hockenson at it and ditto Trautman.  And the dude can really motor to the 2nd level far down the field to block a dude in a way that i don't typically see from TE's.

 

Damn, my reply got erased by accident.  If we want Tremble, we'd have to take him at #51.

 

He's Kittle 2.0.  Hyper-aggressive blocking like Kittle, similar production at college, looks like an elite athlete on tape like Kittle did.

 

Trautman had level of competition worries playing at Dayton.  Saints traded up into the 3rd round for Trautman.  Tremble does not.  He played against Clemson twice and Alabama once.  His draft range is going to be significantly higher than Trautman.

 

Adam Shaheen went #45.  He went to a D2 school.

 

Tremble is not making it to #74.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

My reservations about Fields are his pocket awareness and I think he's prone to getting rattled but there's a lot to work with there with him IMO. I'd like to see him keep his eyes down field better once he starts moving. A lot of flaws I think Fields has are generally things I would consider on the verge of nitpicky though, do those negatives really outweigh all the great things he does? 

 

I would say they do not.  His competitive demeanor and his high level athleticism and his silky touch are the reasons why you draft him and commit to developing him.  He's got Lamar Jackson-like potential.

 

We really need a quarterback, and if all it takes to get go up and get Fields is a day pick or two, then that's a no-brainer to me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

 

I would say they do not.  His competitive demeanor and his high level athleticism and his silky touch are the reasons why you draft him and commit to developing him.  He's got Lamar Jackson-like potential.

 

We really need a quarterback, and if all it takes to get go up and get Fields is a day pick or two, then that's a no-brainer to me.

I'm on the same boat. It's an obvious choice, if he interviews well and we think he's the guy to make us competitive again, we need to do whatever it takes to get him. Every prospect has holes in their game, I think its critical to let players play their game too. If we got Justin Fields we cannot micromanage him and make him something he isn't. (Kind of like we did with RGIII trying to make him a pocket passer). He'll be much more successful if we build an offense around his skillset. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

(Kind of like we did with RGIII trying to make him a pocket passer). He'll be much more successful if we build an offense around his skillset. 

I would argue Kyle built a great offense around his skill set. As I recall, the problem was the injury and then RG3 and his father went to Dan and demanded they have him be a drop back QB because running him and the risk of injury was “unacceptable.” 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

I would argue Kyle built a great offense around his skill set. As I recall, the problem was the injury and then RG3 and his father went to Dan and demanded they have him be a drop back QB because running him and the risk of injury was “unacceptable.” 

Is that really what happened? That was an awful decision by RGIII and his dad, if so. He might have been a completely different player if they built off his 2012 season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Is that really what happened? That was an awful decision by RGIII and his dad, if so. He might have been a completely different player if they built off his 2012 season.

Probably not. Part of the reason was that they knew RG3 would only have a career if he was a drop back passer.  He knew he would either be successful as a drop back guy or out of the league otherwise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darth Tater said:

Probably not. Part of the reason was that they knew RG3 would only have a career if he was a drop back passer.  He knew he would either be successful as a drop back guy or out of the league otherwise.

That story came directly from Mike Shanahan in an interview on the radio a few years ago. He said they wanted to bring him along slower, but RG3 wouldn’t accept that. Now, Mike is also a liar, but I do believe this story.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

 

Damn, my reply got erased by accident.  If we want Tremble, we'd have to take him at #51.

 

He's Kittle 2.0.  Hyper-aggressive blocking like Kittle, similar production at college, looks like an elite athlete on tape like Kittle did.

 

Trautman had level of competition worries playing at Dayton.  Saints traded up into the 3rd round for Trautman.  Tremble does not.  He played against Clemson twice and Alabama once.  His draft range is going to be significantly higher than Trautman.

 

Adam Shaheen went #45.  He went to a D2 school.

 

Tremble is not making it to #74.

 

Maybe so.   I liked Asasi in the last draft and he went higher than I expected.  I thought i was the only guy on earth who thought that Keene could be a good player, mock draft types had him in the 6th-7th, but the Pats took him in the third.   Keene didn't have big production in college but like Tremble showed that he could move and block.  Yet, Keene would be a poor man's version of Tremble.  So you are probably right, I think he drops to the third at the latest but he could go in the 2nd.

 

I think Tremble's measurables will be the kicker here.  To my eyes it looks like the dude can run. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...