Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Talking about Senior Bowl.

https://riggosrag.com/2021/01/29/five-offensive-players-washington-football-team-should-watch-during-the-senior-bowl/

The Senior Bowl is one of the biggest events of draft season and in 2021, it will take on an added importance.

With there being no 2021 NFL Combine as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, prospects and teams will be limited to regional combines and Pro Day workouts. As such, the Senior Bowl will be a big chance for these players to prove themselves and make an impact on their draft status moving forward.

As is usually the case with the college All-Star games, scouts have been at practice all week, and those sessions will be critical in helping decide whose stock will rise and fall as a result of the week.

In reality, the game itself doesn’t have as much of an impact as the practice sessions, but it can still help validate players that had strong weeks. Conversely, it can also show off which players are simply better in-game than they are in practice.

Washington Football Team Senior Bowl targets

No matter what happens, the Washington Football Team and the other 31 NFL franchise are going to be scouting this event even more carefully than usual. With plenty of holes on offense, they’ll have a special focus on that area of the field, and fans who have only seen bits and pieces of practice will get to see some of the standouts in full action on Saturday.

Click on the link for more

And also:

https://riggosrag.com/2021/01/30/washington-football-team-defensive-prospects-to-watch-at-senior-bowl/

The 2021 Reese’s Senior Bowl is later today. Who might the Washington Football Team have an interest in on the defensive side of the ball?

You may have noticed I haven’t been writing as much for Riggo’s Rag over the past month or so. I know, I wish it could stay that way, too. But I am back in a slightly larger capacity, to help cover all things Washington Football Team.

For the past month, I was specializing in 2021 NFL Draft content over at Pro Football Network. I put together quite a few NFL Draft profiles, and capped off that stretch with a visit to the Senior Bowl practices in Mobile,  Alabama. There, I got to scald my face sitting in direct sunlight for five hours a day, watching some of the top NFL Draft prospects go through individual and team drills.

It was an awesome experience, but more than that, it also gleaned some valuable insight into players the Washington Football Team might be interested in. Jacob gave you a preview of some of the offensive players to watch in the Senior Bowl game later today. Now, I’m going to give you some defensive players to watch.

First, here are some honorable mentions who showed potential throughout the week of practices. If you want to know my thoughts on these players, or any others that weren’t mentioned, just shoot me a question in the comments section!

Click on the link for more

• Like 2

Wind or not I feel Ehlinger and Mond have already showed us what is expected of them wind or no wind. Mond is is consistent and Ehlinger is really good but his arm is too weak. His last pass would have been an easy reception with arm strength. Instead it was broken up and the defender almost had a shot at an INT.

Love the two NC RB's. Either would be nice with WFT. Wish Williams was playing today.

And how about Felton again today. Big week for him

Edited by DWinzit

So far Felton has shown he is probably more of a receiver in the NFL than a back, but maybe usage rate similar to Curtis Samuel as a ball carrying receiver and slot weapon.

Michael Carter is as good as he's been advertised.

Marquez Stevenson sighting.

• Like 1

Northern Iowa's edge Elerson Smith was defensive MVP of the quarter even with though flagged once. He is working on making himself $

Jabril Cox sighting.

He and Marquez Stevenson are two I am most excited about seeing.

Regarding Borland, I am surprised they were talking him up earlier. He is slowww

Hope Franks can show something at QB.

• Like 1

Franks had a great little dump off pass. If he can show ability to work off schedule that helps his stock significantly. 

Then he one hopped an open pass to Yeboah on a would be first down, which is a concern for Franks.

Deonte Brown is having a rough day movement wise. Didn't look great in practice either. Those guard rankings are going to be altered.

Edited by KDawg

Jamie Newman moves really well but he holds the ball entirely too long. I've been intrigued by him but he is doing a lot to remind me of Dwayne Haskins in his limited body of work so far today. Snap release, much better pocket movement than Haskins and seems faster... holds the ball similarly and has the same accuracy issues. He has very happy feet and is looking to bail every snap.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Jamie Newman moves really well but he holds the ball entirely too long. I've been intrigued by him but he is doing a lot to remind me of Dwayne Haskins in his limited body of work so far today. Snap release, much better pocket movement than Haskins and seems faster... holds the ball similarly and has the same accuracy issues. He has very happy feet and is looking to bail every snap.

Yup. One would think his processing would be immensely improved if he had played this year. He must have a lot of physically and mentally in the QB game.

I liked what I saw of TE Tre McKitty who did some nice chipping and blocking along with the reception

How about that Michigan FB Mason....what a pancake lol. Love all the announcers were saying about him. He is what you want in a lead blocker.  Wonder if he can catch. 

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

Yup. One would think his processing would be immensely improved if he had played this year. He must have a lot of physically and mentally in the QB game.

I liked what I saw of TE Tre McKitty who did some nice chipping and blocking along with the reception

How about that Michigan FB Mason....what a pancake lol. Love all the announcers were saying about him. He is what you want in a lead blocker.  Wonder if he can catch. 

I think it’s a good time To keep a fullback on rosters and one less tight end if you can find one. I’d take a fullback over a third tight end on the active roster. Can block downhill and serve as a blocking Hback... especially since defenses are getting smaller

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think it’s a good time To keep a fullback on rosters and one less tight end if you can find one. I’d take a fullback over a third tight end on the active roster. Can block downhill and serve as a blocking Hback... especially since defenses are getting smaller

Twice voted toughest player. Played DL, FB, Hback, TE and ST's.

6'3" 254 lbs

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Jabril Cox is having a good day...

He has been one of my favorite players in the draft and is not doing anything to change my mind!

There are a few nice slot guys like S Smith. That is one position WFT needs to draft by the 3rd round

I really need to rewatch this game. Feel like I missed a lot because it was a pretty fun game to watch casual. But need to do deep dive in oline stuff and DB coverage off ball. 

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

There’s a reason Amari Rodgers is my WR3. He’s special. Held that ball through rough contact and scores a TD. 

I feel that this is your typical player that is a pure baller but when you send him to the combine people we jump over him...because his size and timed speed are not top end. I'm not sure where I would a lot him but no combine might help him. 

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

@TKcan we make a Senior bowl thread in the stadium? ATN? Tailgate? It’s kind of an odd situation where it fits in all of those categories :ols:

Why don't you just start the thread in the Stadium and if the mods feels it should be in the ATN they will move it if needed. But I think in the Stadium is best. 

6 hours ago, IrepDC said:

From the list @KDawg posted, I am definitely looking at one of the top 2 guards as a BPA value pick at 19. Deonte Brown opposite Scherff, gives us a force on the offensive line interior for a few years. Short yardage plays and a clean pocket for (any) QB to step up into. This is another option if one of the LBs or OTs doesn't fall to 19. 

I agree. When drafting mid to late first round often interior OL are BPA. I have been a big fan of Vera-Tucker, Wyatt Davis and Brown in that order. I doubt Vera-Davis is there at 19. The others probably will be there. I am worried about Davis's knee. He has prior history with it and hurt in the championship and I have not heard anything on it since. TBH, Brown looked even heavier today than he has. I am worried about his weight. Meinerz the unknown looked like a freaking first rounder in the practices

25 minutes ago, zskins said:

Why don't you just start the thread in the Stadium and if the mods feels it should be in the ATN they will move it if needed. But I think in the Stadium is best. 

Genius Reaction GIF

Actually, I think this Comprehensive Draft Thread would be fine, too. And perhaps don't need a new thread.

But that's just my insignificant opinion and perception on the matter

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Genius Reaction GIF

Actually, I think this Comprehensive Draft Thread would be fine, too. And perhaps don't need a new thread.

But that's just my insignificant opinion and perception on the matter

Well it’s over now. And a new thread would be like a game thread. But that ship sailed.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Well it’s over now. And a new thread would be like a game thread. But that ship sailed.

Yea, I knew it was over. I just wasn't sure if the intention was to discuss it Post-Game, because there's still plenty of cause to discuss it afterwards, to talk about who shined and who did not, and whose draft stock rose, etc

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yea, I knew it was over. I just wasn't sure if the intention was to discuss it Post-Game, because there's still plenty of cause to discuss it afterwards, to talk about who shined and who did not, and whose draft stock rose, etc

Nah. Post game is easy to talk here. During the game it can get hectic and bury a lot of convo. I think next time I’ll just start a thread and make it WFT themed to make it fit.

• Like 1

With the Lions taking Goff, they're probably out of the 1st round QB market, aren't they?

You'd think the 9ers would be more in a win-now mode to take Lance? Just spitballing here, wondering if Lance could fall into a sane trade-up area.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

With the Lions taking Goff, they're probably out of the 1st round QB market, aren't they?

You'd think the 9ers would be more in a win-now mode to take Lance? Just spitballing here, wondering if Lance could fall into a sane trade-up area.

Not necessarily.  They are going to be bad no question.  Maybe they need evaluate Fields/Lance vs the 2022 QB crop (I'd say Detroit is in the driver's seat for the #1 pick in 2022).  The Lions defense is BAD and has no team speed.  Alex threw over 400 against them with our crappy skill players!

3 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Not necessarily.  They are going to be bad no question.  Maybe they need evaluate Fields/Lance vs the 2022 QB crop (I'd say Detroit is in the driver's seat for the #1 pick in 2022).  The Lions defense is BAD and has no team speed.  Alex threw over 400 against them with our crappy skill players!

Don't overlook the Eagles for 1 overall next year. They're going to have to dismantle to get under the cap.

But I don't see them taking a QB this year, not with all that money tied up in Goff. I'd target Detroit as a trade up opportunity.