zskins

Welcome to the Redskins Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR Liberty

9 hours ago, CurseReversed said:

This guy never had an accurate or strong arm qb or and offense that did much to scheme him open.  He was a one man wrecking crew that just ran down the field and took the ball over everyone and anyone.

When he gets the benefit of a modern offense, a qb with arm strength, and a chance to fly under the radar a bit,  he is going to really surprise some folks.

High hopes for him.  HTTR. 

Soooooo....he's Josh Doctson until further notice....

JK. Excited for this dude.

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2020 at 7:07 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

The good news is that he can win strong outside leverage and get a couple of steps on vertical routes and he's got the talent to adjust to the ball and lay out for throws.  Corners aren't going to be able to just sit on all the underneath stuff with him, he's a legitimate deep threat.  That's a very real concern with guys who don't run fast.

He's got size too.  He walls you off from the ball, especially on low routes and hitches/comebacks.  His catch radius is high end and once he gets a rhythm with his qb and gets stronger, he'll be able to lean on a db and just pluck back shoulder bucket throws and field side low and away stuff.

The bad news is it looks like he really struggles with physicality through the stem.  And he had a hard time getting a good release and winning inside leverage against decent press coverage.  He's not that explosive or tricky off the line, and he needs to gather himself up a little to redirect.  And his play strength doesn't match his size yet.  This is where the tough transition from his lower level of competition really shows up.  But you're right, he is twitchier than he looks.  He exploded out of some of those breaks and he's got some nice tricks for selling a deep break to DBs that should get him open quickly enough to be useful in the intermediate game.

If he can get strong and get better at dealing with physical bump and run coverage, he could get good.  The catch radius and talent for adjusting to downfield throws and the strong vertical element to his game are the foundation for a good outside receiver.  It also helps him to be a #2 (at best) who isn't going to see a lot of shaded safety zones.  I think he's basically just going to get single coverage while McLaurin is out there.  And it will help him that Haskins is an instinctive thrower who will work with you on adjustments to exploit leverage issues that show up post-snap and place the ball at the adjustment you need to make.  He's got a good chance to be productive here, this is a good situation for him.

I found it hard to judge his ability to handle press coverage and physicality because the refs really let guys hang all over him in most of his games. I think that they let a lot more PI calls go in these small school games. Especially with a man among boys like GG out there you can imagine why they would feel comfortable looking other way when some small school DB starts grabbing at him.      This is one of the reasons I think he projects better then one might think looking at his play.  He really was in a different environment than most of other prospects.  It is going to be interesting to see how NFL CB's match up without being able hold and grab him.

I think they are going to find that he is a monster trained in the pits.

I’ve never been big on possession receivers, but I’m not against having one if the offense moves.  I didn’t see anything in Golden’s highlights that excites me though.

8 hours ago, Captain James said:

Soooooo....he's Josh Doctson until further notice....

JK. Excited for this dude.

I mean that's pretty much what he is right now.

22 hours ago, Vanguard said:

I’ve never been big on possession receivers, but I’m not against having one if the offense moves.  I didn’t see anything in Golden’s highlights that excites me though.

He does appear to have run after catch ability. He is similar to Harmon so you will have to put up with 2 big possession receivers.

23 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean that's pretty much what he is right now.

Well, without the Doctson price tag to be a bit more balanced.