Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Antonio Gibson, RB/WR Memphis

zCommander

On 4/27/2020 at 3:29 AM, goskins10 said:

No, he was a head case. Disappeared for no reason. Had the same issue in college. You can hear him in a conversation with Will Compton that he wasn't really into it. It's not like he went to Denver and was a blockbuster. Dude played 5 games before they booted him. 

Does that mean the medical staff was perfect/ No. But Sua's biggest problem was between his ears. 

Cravens was definitely a basketcase, and coming to this team (Joe Barry + well-documented issues with our training staff) definitely didn't help matters. Gotta say though - and I actually like ol' Compton - that if I was a player out there, I wouldn't be the least bit interested in hearing or talking about that Dr. Phil/Stephen Covey bullcrap that Will was going on about. Somebody go ask Compton how much that's helping him now while he's staring at the phone, hoping a team calls to sign him.

Back to Gibson, though, I love that we have such a dynamic player. Defenses will have to account/game-plan for him, much like they have to do for McCaffrey. I like that. I like that a lot. A heavy dose of AP, with JD McKissic (love the name) and Gibson in motion outta the backfield. Turner & Zampese are probably salivating right now.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, skinzplay said:

Cravens was definitely a basketcase, and coming to this team (Joe Barry + well-documented issues with our training staff) definitely didn't help matters. Gotta say though - and I actually like ol' Compton - that if I was a player out there, I wouldn't be the least bit interested in hearing or talking about that Dr. Phil/Stephen Covey bullcrap that Will was going on about. Somebody go ask Compton how much that's helping him now while he's staring at the phone, hoping a team calls to sign him.

Back to Gibson, though, I love that we have such a dynamic player. Defenses will have to account/game-plan for him, much like they have to do for McCaffrey. I like that. I like that a lot. A heavy dose of AP, with JD McKissic (love the name) and Gibson in motion outta the backfield. Turner & Zampese are probably salivating right now.

Read something on ESPN.com today that AP would likely be cut given the Skins are in a youth movement and with the free agent signings of McKissic and Peyton Barber. It talked about AP's age and the fact that this new staff is going with versatile players over one dimensional ones...says AP may be in trouble to make the team. Take it for what it's worth. Here it is:

"Washington's backfield is a crowded mess, with Peterson joined by Derrius Guice, Bryce Love, Peyton Barber and third-round pick Antonio Gibson. The rookie is the only lock to make the active roster, but I don't really see any reason for a rebuilding Washington team to stick with the 35-year-old Peterson."

• Thanks 1

I disagree with that assessment. You have perennially injured Guice and Love who has never played a snap because of injury. So you are putting your faith in those two guys? Peterson is still better than Barber, even at his age. So why would they cut their only dependable and known quantity at running back? I just have no faith in Guice to stay healthy and you know nothing about Love. It's just a risky proposition to have him be the one you let go. Maybe in training camp they see something in Love and Barber plays great. So then they take a gamble on Guice, which I expect them to do anyway, and that could leave Peterson out. But at this point, that just seems unlikely. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Redskin4ever said:

I disagree with that assessment. You have perennially injured Guice and Love who has never played a snap because of injury. So you are putting your faith in those two guys? Peterson is still better than Barber, even at his age. So why would they cut their only dependable and known quantity at running back? I just have no faith in Guice to stay healthy and you know nothing about Love. It's just a risky proposition to have him be the one you let go. Maybe in training camp they see something in Love and Barber plays great. So then they take a gamble on Guice, which I expect them to do anyway, and that could leave Peterson out. But at this point, that just seems unlikely. 

I agree. RR won't outright release him before the start of the season. He'll find use for him. I think he'll be using a lot less this year but he'll use him.

RR is preaching culture. Integrity. Team. Nobody embodies that more than Peterson. He needs him around with the amount of talented youth we have on this team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

RR is preaching culture. Integrity. Team. Nobody embodies that more than Peterson. He needs him around with the amount of talented youth we have on this team.

100%.  His leadership and work ethic are invaluable, and he is the best pound the rock back we have.   There are also 2 additional roster spots this year, one may go to rb.  Love can be put on pup to buy time, barber is a JAG with low gtd money, gibson will be used primarily as a wr.  Write Peterson in sharpie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Read something on ESPN.com today that AP would likely be cut given the Skins are in a youth movement and with the free agent signings of McKissic and Peyton Barber. It talked about AP's age and the fact that this new staff is going with versatile players over one dimensional ones...says AP may be in trouble to make the team. Take it for what it's worth. Here it is:

"Washington's backfield is a crowded mess, with Peterson joined by Derrius Guice, Bryce Love, Peyton Barber and third-round pick Antonio Gibson. The rookie is the only lock to make the active roster, but I don't really see any reason for a rebuilding Washington team to stick with the 35-year-old Peterson."

There is no way Guice doesn't make this team barring injury. Hes the best pure runner on the team.

10 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

I agree with you and I thnk RR will want to keep and coach AP at least for the first half of the season. But once the young kids show they can stay healthy and learn the system I can't see how there will be consistent touches for AP. I would never bet against AP though, he shows up and plays hard every week. Thinking about this, the running back room is gonna be one of the most competitive in on the entire team. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I keep reading-hearing hybrid but he will part of a lot of backfield sets, so you likely see him often as a pass catching RB.

I mean his official or base position, which every player needs to be designated.

He will be listed as a RB. More like a 3rd down back. But there will be times that he lines up like a receiver.

53 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I mean his official or base position, which every player needs to be designated.

He will be listed as a RB. More like a 3rd down back. But there will be times that he lines up like a receiver.

I'd be willing to bet he lines up as a WR more times than he touches the ball out of a single back or "I" formation. Hell, since we aren't betting real $ I'd say he has more receptions than carries.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I agree with you and I thnk RR will want to keep and coach AP at least for the first half of the season. But once the young kids show they can stay healthy and learn the system I can't see how there will be consistent touches for AP. I would never bet against AP though, he shows up and plays hard every week. Thinking about this, the running back room is gonna be one of the most competitive in on the entire team. 

This I agree with. If the younger guys stay healthy, then as the season goes on they will be the ones getting the touches. What that ultimately means for Peterson, we shall see. I just don't want them putting all their eggs into the "I hope he stays he stays healthy" basket. 

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Depth chart predictions

Final 53 Roster predictions

Whether a player is slated as a RB or a WR, could mean 1 of 2 different possible positional players being cut in order to make room for him on the roster

Not necessarily. His position doesn’t matter for cuts. They aren’t going to cut a better player for a worse player due to positional label.

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Depth chart predictions

Final 53 Roster predictions

Whether a player is slated as a RB or a WR, could mean 1 of 2 different possible positional players being cut in order to make room for him on the roster

Didn't the new CBA increase the roster to 55?

Just now, KDawg said:

Not necessarily. His position doesn’t matter for cuts. They aren’t going to cut a better player for a worse player due to positional label.

Each coach is unique, but they each likely have a pre-conceived idea of how many WR's they want to keep and how many RB's they want to keep (though not set in stone)

So I don't think it's a matter of a better or worse player being cut. But while it's not a definite thing, it's surely a possibility that either a WR or RB could be cut, depending on how one player is "labeled"

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I keep reading-hearing hybrid but he will part of a lot of backfield sets, so you likely see him often as a pass catching RB.

I love that answer.  Rivera should get comfortable with those answers, seeing as Sheehan's default setting is "Why didn't that guy do that? There's something wrong here!/Can we bring back Shanahan???" Style alarmism 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Each coach is unique, but they each likely have a pre-conceived idea of how many WR's they want to keep and how many RB's they want to keep (though not set in stone)

So I don't think it's a matter of a better or worse player being cut. But while it's not a definite thing, it's surely a possibility that either a WR or RB could be cut, depending on how one player is "labeled"

I disagree. The one dimensional players are the ones at risk. Barber and to a lesser extent AP.

• Like 1