TK

Welcome To Your 2020 NFL Virtual/Cyber/Streaming/Whatever Thread LIVE From...

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So was Josh Doctson.

Sua Cravens

Montae Nicholson.

etc

Yeah those guys at least at discernible skill that let you know that could at least potentially contribute.

Moss is as athletic as his dad will be in 20 years lol 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Hope we are busy working it because we have the least UDFA’s of any team in the league as of right now. Everyone else has like 8,9+ already..we have 3 .fwiw..

per https://nfltraderumors.co/2020-undrafted-free-agent-tracker/#

We also are on the lower end of open roster spots bc we signed so many low end FAs to compete. We aren't gonna have a large UDFA crop bc we don't have the roster space.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So was Josh Doctson.

Sua Cravens

Montae Nicholson.

etc

Additionally

Samaje Perine

David Amerson

Fred Davis. 
Etc

I will wait to Judge until they get some kind of practice time and see how they actually play. 

14 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Need means nothing when you fill it with players that aren’t good. I’m not saying I’m upset that they signed Moss but I just don’t think he’s good at all and benefits greatly from his dad being the GOAT WR to a generation of fans 

It especially means nothing when you’re a team that has needs at almost every position. I’m glad they just took the players they thought were best. Good players are gonna be upgrades in most spots on this roster. 

Well, I sincerely hope you're wrong because, unless we make a move for Howard or Njoku, he's likely to be our starter. 

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Well, I sincerely hope you're wrong because, unless we make a move for Howard or Njoku, he's likely to be our starter. 

I really don’t understand why he’s likely the starter. 

to me it’s either Sprinkle or *shudders* Thomas. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Bacon said:

It is a new regime but the job still appears to be Sprinkle's for now.  But now we have a hands guy we can sub in, and we may be in hands mode more than under the old war horse Callahan.  TEs are rotational so he just needs to be able to fit into a few of Turner's packages. One of my fav plays is still going heavy jumbo PAP with a hands TE blending in with the herd. Lined up vs an overly aggressive rookie LB.  He won't need to be fast. Welcome Thad Moss. 

Edit sounds like he is a good blocker as well.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

Ha. I like Hentges better than sprinkle Dinkle or Thomas. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I really don’t understand why he’s likely the starter. 

to me it’s either Sprinkle or *shudders* Thomas. 

Why would a new regime let Sprinkle have the job for another year unquestioned? As mentioned in RandyHolt's post above, he will at least have his snaps eaten into. Moss is one of the most skilled blocking TEs of this draft, so he should at least have utility there. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Why would a new regime let Sprinkle have the job for another year unquestioned? As mentioned in RandyHolt's post above, he will at least have his snaps eaten into. Moss is one of the most skilled blocking TEs of this draft, so he should at least have utility there. 

I’m not saying it’s unquestioned. It’ll be a competition but i don’t think there’s a big difference between the two and RR will defer to experience 

14 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

We also are on the lower end of open roster spots bc we signed so many low end FAs to compete. We aren't gonna have a large UDFA crop bc we don't have the roster space.

if we really want someone I don't think Jester Weah, Jordan Veasy, Cameron Malveaux, Maurice Smith or Paul Adams etc. are guaranteed to make camp.  We've cut guys signed to futures contracts for UDFA in the past

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I’m not saying it’s unquestioned. It’ll be a competition but i don’t think there’s a big difference between the two and RR will defer to experience 

I think overall snaps will come down to versatility rather than experience in Scott Turner's system and I believe Moss has the edge there. But we will see. 

With no proof whatsoever I bet Scott Turner will like drawing up plays for Moss more than Sprinkle.

He likely saw we tried going Sprinkle heavy an awful lot last year. IIRC he went ~250 snaps without a catch at one point. That's invisible with almost no competition, in what seemed like a lot of early targets to start games. Fantasy owners know he was league min the entire year, again, with the job to himself.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, skinsfan212689 said:

Additionally

Samaje Perine

David Amerson

Fred Davis. 
Etc

I will wait to Judge until they get some kind of practice time and see how they actually play. 

I really thought Perine would beast out.. Ran like Tarzan in college.. was Jane in the NFL

15 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

It is a new regime but the job still appears to be Sprinkle's for now.  But now we have a hands guy we can sub in, and we may be in hands mode more than under the old war horse Callahan.  TEs are rotational so he just needs to be able to fit into a few of Turner's packages. One of my fav plays is still going heavy jumbo PAP with a hands TE blending in with the herd. Lined up vs an overly aggressive rookie LB.  He won't need to be fast. Welcome Thad Moss. 

Edit sounds like he is a good blocker as well.

I don't think so, Hentges is better in every way. He's not a mega athlete but he's got good awareness for the open spots in the zone, has decent hands and is a decent blocker. Dude is a hard worker and I expect bigger things from him this year.. somewhere along the lines of 45-500-5 this season.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

I don't think so, Hentges is better in every way. He's not a mega athlete but he's got good awareness for the open spots in the zone, has decent hands and is a decent blocker. Dude is a hard worker and I expect bigger things from him this year.. somewhere along the lines of 45-500-5 this season.

I forgot about Hentsie or forgot that I probably watched lRedzone a ton and missed a lot last year, I mostly remember throwing to Sprinkle to start games and the ball would never be caught.

Edited by RandyHolt

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

I forgot about Hentsie or forgot that I probably watched lRedzone a ton and missed a lot last year, I mostly remember throwing to Sprinkle to start games and the ball would never be caught.

Once the season was lost they started playing Hentges more, and I thought he looked really good in his limited opportunities. He can find soft spots in the zone, has soft hands. He is slow though, but he's a rumbler who can pick up extra yards after contact. He had 8 catches for 103 yards and 1 td ( I could have sworn he had two last year)

I think with some targets and being more comfortable he could easily pick up 30-40ish targets on the season.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

First, if you haven’t done so already, surf your way over to redskins.com and fond and watch the entire zoom post draft presser with Ron and Kyle. You get to see the reporters ask questions, and Ron and Kyle.  

I think Julie Donaldson is the one who had her dog in her lap while asking questions, Michael Phillips looked like he was working out of his bathroom, Chris Russel looked like he hadn’t paid his electric bill. Kyle looks ripped, and the complete winner was Ron’s Hawaiian Redskins shirt which was a tribute to Andy Reid.  I need me one of those.  

Ron’s dogs did make an appearance as well.  

Oh, and the questions and answers were really good too. 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 2

Second, I kinda get the feeling our offense is not going to feature the TE the way previous Norv offenses have. We don’t know if Scott Turner loves the TE as much as Norv did.  But they have a ton of speed and versatility at WR and RB, they really could go 3 WR/2RB a lot and create mismatches that way, and create space with speed and formation more than use a tradition TE.  Instead of check downs or outlet passes to the TE, they would go to the RB/Slot WR.  Accomplishes a lot of the same desire for a security blanket but you go about it differently. Then they could sprinkle in the TE (see what I did there?) as a change of pace.  I kinda like that as a different wrinkle to the norm. 

We know Ron is willing to be creative offensively, and think outside the box.  So we’ll see.  I just have this feeling we’re going to see them use RBs like TEs a lot more and use formation to get guys open, and then it’s up to Dwayne to orchestrate all of it.  

• Like 3

Few photos from the other night.  Why yes my daughter is covering her ears on National Television...... Go figure

DraftPic2.thumb.jpg.036e90a9f973fa331828d19907953fec.jpgDraftPic3.thumb.jpg.0debeeb1e2d89fe14c85e7a3fa327723.jpgDraftPic1.thumb.jpg.a4c9546b09c4e745e8de658ddad8bee4.jpg

• Like 7

Redskins add a QB after the draft. Montez has embraced the Redskins very quickly. 

• Like 1

On Moss, in reading about him, I get a Donnie Warren vibe. Not a blazer, but an invaluable tight end in the run and protection game with underrated hands. I still remember his "best" game in which he caught twenty balls against Philly. They got a Plan B free agent from the Eagles that year who informed them that Buddy Ryan instructed his defenders not to cover Warren because they never go to him. They kept feeding Donnie the ball and he kept catching it. It was insane.

If Moss gets healthy and we do decide we want to be a running, pass action oriented team, then having a really good blocking tight end who can catch will be something we will learn to appreciate. Then again, he's a UDFA, who knows if he even makes the team or if there's a place in the modern NFL for a Donnie Warren type.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I like that, as he was actually projected to be drafted.

Just watched a few of his highlights and I'm really impressed with his on-field awareness. The kid looks like he has the IT factor.