Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome To Your 2020 NFL Virtual/Cyber/Streaming/Whatever Thread LIVE From...

TK

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Why are we scared to take a chance on TE?

I dont think they’re scared, i think they just honestly feel confident in the ones we have. Idk, call me crazy, but I’m willing to trust their judgement. I mean, hentges looked good late in the season i feel like... 

who knows, maybe we’ll be good at TE 

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Why are we scared to take a chance on TE?

Maybe because the ones available aren’t good?

i haven’t followed this draft enough to know but it makes sense that if you don’t have quality tight ends on your roster and you aren’t picking te, you aren’t impressed with what is out there.

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

What are the chances they try to convert someone like Harmon to TE? He’s not the biggest guy but he’s big enough, physical and strong?

I think he showed pretty well as a rookie wide receiver last year.

but the pick of Gibson says a lot. We’re going to be using that guy creatively. I’m interested to see what scheme we try to run. I think Gibson is going to be all over the place and we’ll be using our tight ends and wide receivers in unconventional roles to keep defenses guessing.

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

What are the chances they try to convert someone like Harmon to TE? He’s not the biggest guy but he’s big enough, physical and strong?

Eh, don't really see it. He'd probably have to put on a good 20-25 lbs to get to an effective TE size. He made some nice plays in the latter part of the 2019 season. Not sure why we'd want to change his position so quickly. We did with Niles, but he was also almost 230 lbs coming in IIRC.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Isnt Gibson 6’2” 225?  That’s almost big enough to crash the edge and muscle up most LBs.

Yeah but that’s definitely not how he’s gonna he used. If anything AGG is what we wanted Harmon to be which is why I threw the idea out there.

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I dont think they’re scared, i think they just honestly feel confident in the ones we have. Idk, call me crazy, but I’m willing to trust their judgement. I mean, hentges looked good late in the season i feel like... 

who knows, maybe we’ll be good at TE 

I think they like Logan Thomas as well.   I still think they bring in at least one TE even if its an UDFA.  Sullivan, O'Grady, and even Moss would all be good additions if we can get one of them after the draft.  

I think the only pick I'm disappointed in is the 7th rounder. And that's... not a big deal.

Though I think there were better special teams players available (Bandy) and better safeties available (Rodney Clemons). But meh. 

All about versatility this draft.  I'm guessing they also wanted to sort out what we have in house at TE and LB this season, then be more aggressive to make cuts and fill needs next offseaaon.

I'm happy with this draft overall.   Can't wait to see Chase play,.and excited to see Gibson and AGG roles in the offense. 

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Yeah but that’s definitely not how he’s gonna he used. If anything AGG is what we wanted Harmon to be which is why I threw the idea out there.

I disagree. I think he will be used a lot in motions and sweeps, creative formations. Sometimes as a blocker, sometimes to get the ball, and sometimes as a decoy to draw coverage. always a threat though due to athleticism and will have to be accounted for at all times.

I could seeing him lining up at slot, outside, and in the backfield.

i feel this way because a coordinator on a new team doesn’t spend a high draft pick on a player like him unless you have plans to build your offense around him.

1 minute ago, sportjunkie07 said:

I disagree. I think he will be used a lot in motions and sweeps, creative formations. Sometimes as a blocker, sometimes to get the ball, and sometimes as a decoy to draw coverage. always a threat though due to athleticism and will have to be accounted for at all times.

I could seeing him lining up at slot, outside, and in the backfield.

i feel this way because a coordinator on a new team doesn’t spend a high draft pick on a player like him unless you have plans to build your offense around him.

Are you talking about Gibson? Because I was referring to Gandy-Golden

Archived