kfrankie

The "Re-Opening" the Economy Thread

21 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I heard earlier today from someone close to Don Beyer that Nova was opening phase 1 on May 29. Anyone hear this yet? Haven’t followed much news today.

Have not heard a date, but end of May would mark 2 weeks of declining cases if the current trend continues, which is consistent with CDC guidance. 

https://www.insidenova.com/news/special/coronavirus/northern-virginia-reports-533-new-covid-19-cases/article_ea86a740-99d5-11ea-9a39-6bf7c57fa94f.html

Ok, yesterday a friend had an oldies station on and the guy there got off onto this decidedly weird rant about corona and opening up and just gutting it out and herd immunity and all and his explanation was The War of the Worlds, a virus killed the Martians, see? germs are good...........

swear to doG, said it twice, we were lookin at each other gape jawed

Image may contain: text

• Haha 6

I love(hate) how MD has a huge increase 4 days after opening up the economy, and everybody says it can't be related because it wasn't 14 days.  Ummm... 14 is the outside of the bell curve for when people become symptomatic.  I thought 2-4 was still the most common.  Am I wrong in that?  Even if not true, there was this little event called 'Mother's Day" where many people went out and got food, gifts, and/or flowers.  That fits closer to the longer time for incubation if people insist the increase has nothing to do with more people going out.

We need to be careful and maintain social distancing.  Sadly, I think we are a long way from out of the woods.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Costco Manager Kicks Out Cussing Customer Who Refuses To Wear Mask

Exhausted Costco manager Tison is becoming a national hero after he was filmed kicking out a customer who was willfully defying the store’s mask policy. The young man patiently explained for the maskless man’s video that Costco requires customers to wear masks inside the store and that the video-taker was no longer welcome there—before taking away his cart.

The maskless man initially “threatens” Tison with his alleged 3,000 social media followers, but the manager simply waves to said followers and explains the very simple situation to them: “Hi everyone,” he says to the camera. “I work for Costco and I’m asking this member to put on a mask because that is our company policy.”

“And I’m not doing it because I woke up in a free country,” says the maskless man, turning his own video to reveal his face as well as that of a masked companion who looks almost as tired a Tison.

Tison then moves to take the man’s cart, repeatedly wishing him a nice day, before explaining clearly that he’s kicking the maskless customer out.
“You are no longer welcome here in our warehouse,” Tison says firmly. “You need to leave. Thank you very much.”

That’s when the maskless crusader gets real mad.

“He’s going to take the cart away because he’s a p***y little b***h,” he says. “There he is walking away with all my stuff. There he goes. Cuz I’m not a f***ing sheep.”

Of course, the items in the cart had not been paid for yet, meaning that they were still, in fact, Costco’s stuff.

The maskless man initially posted the video to Reddit himself but was reportedly flooded with highly unsympathetic comments and deleted it. Not, however, before other Reddit users downloaded the video. It’s now on a different Reddit thread on the “Public Freakout” forum, and has spread far and wide.

Click on the link for more

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Imagine what must be running through your tiny brain to #1. Walk around the place without a mask, 2. Cry like a child when confronted 3. Post the video online like you're some national hereo after you had some time to properly think it over. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Imagine what must be running through your tiny brain to #1. Walk around the place without a mask, 2. Cry like a child when confronted 3. Post the video online like you're some national hereo after you had some time to properly think it over. 

And then post a follow up video defending yourself. WARNING: NSFW Language

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Why don't tbese "rights" tools understand that private businesses don't give a **** about your damn rights? Abide or GTFO, not that hard!

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Wby don't tbese "rights" tools understand that private businesses don't give a **** about your damn rights? Abide or GTFO, not that hard!

Right. And COSTCO is a membership-based company. They can insert the policy of masks as a condition of membership and revoke/refund to any that object to the policy. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Wby don't tbese "rights" tools understand that private businesses don't give a **** about your damn rights? Abide or GTFO, not that hard!

Come on. You know what this is all really about. 🙂

Rules are for everyone else to live. 

I’ve dealt with this rebuttal on ES since day 1.... people complaining that I was violating their freedom of speech by suspending/banning their accounts. I always offered solutions that they start their own blog and build their own audience..... but no one ever took me up on that offer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Another C-19 casualty: The Morton's restaurant in downtown Richmond closed permanently. Nice place, great bartender's. Sad to see it go. 

• Sad 3

25 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Why don't tbese "rights" tools understand that private businesses don't give a **** about your damn rights? Abide or GTFO, not that hard!

I still remember telling a dip**** she didn't have freedom of speech inside our coffee shop and she had to leave.  (I was a teenager, this was a whike ago) 

She looked like I said the moon was made of cheese. 

• Thanks 1

Trump and the GOP think the economy is going to bounce back, to get them reelected.  Not happening. We haven't even begun to feel the worse parts of the economic pain yet. It probably won't be until 2022 until the economy is on the upswing.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Another C-19 casualty: The Morton's restaurant in downtown Richmond closed permanently. Nice place, great bartender's. Sad to see it go. 

Im gonna miss Morton’s.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

They understand it when its the NFL telling you to Stand for the National Anthem or you never get to play again. That this is the exact same concept means literally nothing. 

Edit: Also dude seems really short of breath and kinda tired for a guy still in bed. Wonder what thats about. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm still confused about the stock market.  Will it drop after q2 numbers.  Is it being pumped by the Fed?  Do i let go of positions now and rebuy in August?

2 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Oh WTF?!?!?!?   We loved that place.  And it was always packed.  I wonder why they made this decision.

2 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Nah, you got it all wrong. “Rights” means melanin challenged individuals of the male sex are allowed to refuse service to others because of their race, sexual orientation, nationality, or whatever else their twisted, confirmation biased version of religion tells them is OK. It also includes the ability of those melanin challenged males to stop and shoot down individuals from any of the above groups on the street. What it absolutely doesn’t mean is that the melanin challenged should ever be told “no” by anyone, at any time. Ever.

a0278d6ebd9591c39e398b65ed9c5dd9d7d6ea76

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On first day back to work at Ford plant, employee tests COVID-19 positive

CHICAGO — There are safety concerns as a case of COVID-19 hits the newly reopened Ford assembly plant.

The sprawling South Side facility had been shut down for weeks amid the pandemic. Just a day after the Ford assembly plant on South Torrence Avenue went back online, the company sent a video out, showing temperature checks, PPE for workers and social distancing reminders. However, at least one employee who came back is now known to be COVID positive.

One Ford employee spoke to WGN but asked us protect their identity because they are worried for their job and their health. They said there is an outbreak going on and said Ford is hiding it.

“I feel like I’m going to be sick when I go to work. They don’t care,” the employee said. “They don’t care nothing about us but our profits. If we don’t go to work, they’re just going to fire us and hire new people.”

Ford confirms just one employee who came back Monday has COVID-19 and was sent home, citing their protocol.

Click on the link for the full article

Posted (edited)

DeSantis looks like an idiot. 

Edited by visionary
  • Haha 1