Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Re-Opening" the Economy Thread

kfrankie

Our office opened back up today. Working from home was nice and all but I miss the routine and normalcy of going to work in the morning.

3 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

We are seeing thousands of people at these rallies and disregarding social distancing but we can't let businesses and movie theaters open???

Movie theaters should open. Its a very easy place to enforce social distancing rules. Just reduce the amount of tickets you sell per showing and have attendants outside the theaters making sure people have masks on.

5 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

We are seeing thousands of people at these rallies and disregarding social distancing but we can't let businesses and movie theaters open???

If anything, the rallies might force things closed longer, or to re-close, if they cause outbreaks. Should that happen, how does it make sense to open businesses and potentially make things even worse?

2 minutes ago, techboy said:

If anything, the rallies might force things closed longer, or to re-close, if they cause outbreaks. Should that happen, how does it make sense to open businesses and potentially make things even worse?

2k is going through it, man. Strong 👎👎 for most of his Covid hot takes

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, techboy said:

The same way opening businesses and making things worse made sense, before the rallies?

34 minutes ago, Larry said:

The same way opening businesses and making things worse made sense, before the rallies?

Re-opening in sane areas was contingent on meeting goals for reductions in numbers along with other things like testing capability. This is an event that's likely going to cause the opposite of what the goals called for. You don't see an issue?

4 minutes ago, techboy said:

Re-opening in sane areas was contingent on meeting goals for reductions in numbers along with other things like testing capability

You living in the same place I am?  Is there any place in the country that's "reopening" that has actually met the goals that they said were necessary, before they went ahead and did what they were intending to do from the start?  

Seem to recall that the #1 benchmark that needed to be met, before reopening, was a decline in the number of active infections, despite increased testing.  And seem to recall that the only place in the US where there's been a decrease in infections (I don't know if there's an increase in testing) is NYC.  The only place that has checked box #1 on the checklist

13 minutes ago, techboy said:

You don't see an issue?

Sure I see an issue.  My point is that the issue existed before these protests.  

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

2k is going through it, man. Strong 👎👎 for most of his Covid hot takes

I can tell you right now. Red States will not be shutting down again. If any states will close, it will be blue states unfortunately.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

I can tell you right now. Red States will not be shutting down again. If any states will close, it will be blue states unfortunately.  

Oh, agreed.  

They decided to open, despite the data.  Data isn't gonna change their minds.  

• Like 1

Just checked my contractor work email.

Look, don't ask me to come to work in a suit with a face mask on.  When they say the recommendation on face masks is lifted then we can talk.

Just admit it's not safe and don't bring non-essential folks back in until scientist say it is or stop trying.

Pushing out Fauci should be a sign to take what government recommends with grain of salt, stop rushing into fake good news to make a buck.

• Like 2

So you say you want to go outside...

Mosquitoes in Southern California Test Positive for West Nile Virus and St. Louis Encephalitis

Los Angeles County's first West Nile virus positive mosquito sample of the season was reported Monday, while vector control in Palm Desert also reported mosquito samples testing positive for WNV and St. Louis Encephalitis.

The Greater Los Angeles County Vector Control District said the mosquitoes were collected from a trap in Hacienda Heights, where populations of adult mosquitoes and tests groups of adult female mosquitoes are routinely monitored for the presence of WNV and other mosquito-borne viruses.

"This detection should serve as a reminder that WNV is endemic in Los Angeles County,'' said Susanne Kluh, director of Scientific-Technical Services at GLACVCD. "As temperatures increase, so do mosquito populations and disease risk, which poses a serious public health threat in our communities.''

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1