Sign in to follow this  
d0ublestr0ker0ll

"The Last Dance" - '97/'98 Bulls

9 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I bet Jordan has serious back problems. 

From carrying all his teammates up and down the court all those years?

11 minutes ago, clietas said:

From carrying all his teammates up and down the court all those years?

No, from so many Stans tugging on his family jewels. Must be painful. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

No, from so many Stans tugging on his family jewels. Must be painful. 

Did MJ tell you that himself?  I know you run in the same circles.

• Haha 3

Hahaha, No he's never said that. It's simply an observation. He is more concerned with making the Hornets a successful franchise, and maintaining,/building his brand. 

He's used to the adoration and slobbering that folks give him. I have asked once how obnoxious it is at times. His reply, " I have to expect it at this point".

1 minute ago, Kosher Ham said:

He is more concerned with making the Hornets a successful franchise, 

Well tell him Spaceman Spiff said he's doing a ****ty ass job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only right move Jordans made was changing the name back to the Hornets. Everything else has been garbage. Da fuq kinda team he assemble this year? Batum, Rozier, Zeller.... great. Jordan should focus a lil harder.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Michael didn't really shy away from that though.  His facial expressions alone indicate he was well aware that he used to do this to get himself up.

The fact of the matter is, in order to be as dominant as MJ was, you have to have somewhat of a screw loose.

4 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I don't quite understand how you can mean/believe both things in your first paragraph. If you know that he's using whatever means he can to motivate himself, then the "invented victimhood" is what comes with it. 

So, the point is that you can use or think whatever you like to get yourself motivated. Have at it. But there's no need at all to drag the rest of us into it. I enjoyed a lot of the Last Dance, it was interesting, though I was never a huge fan of Jordan, his greatness is undeniable and there were parts that made him a sympathetic figure. But I don't need an airing of grievances about every instance where someone didn't genuflect at his unquestionable divinity. Especially when so many of them were just made up.

LaBradford Smith is the definition of a jag. And he lit Jordan up once. Now, any great player is going to be motivated by that the next time they meet. I can't even imagine any of them needing to make up something else. But if the guy really needs to dream up a not deferential enough "Good game, Mike" to get himself going, whatever, I guess. But why the hell does he need that story to get out to the public? Why do we need to slander the guy, just to make him look like some kind of fool? No reason, just Mike being a jerk, frankly.

But, wait, did George Karl actually not say hello to you once? Oh my goodness. I mean, it couldn't be because he was respectfully keeping a distance while the two of you competed for the top prize in each of your field's, could it? Nah. So, don't just privately use that incredible slight for motivation, let's hear you bellyache about it a quarter century later. Because clearly what the world needs right now is to hear one of the planet's richest and most celebrated men go on national television to whine that someone didn't say hello to him. The Director must have cut out the discussion of the PTSD he suffered and years of therapy he required. Though it is a shame none of us has a Rick Sanchez-style portal gun so we could hear an alternate reality MJ griping about that time George Karl had the temerity to say hello to him.

And, my god, did Karl Malone get an MVP award? Well, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we all are terribly sorry. One can imagine how it haunts you that one of the greatest players of all-time won an award instead of you. Please moan about the apology the world clearly owes you.

And by no means should you be honest and give Gary Payton, one of the greatest individual defenders in the history of the game credit for the job he quite undeniably did on you. No, sir. Let's hear some made up garbage about how in the middle fo the NBA freaking Finals your play declined because  "I had a lot of other things on my mind." And, can anyone who, like me, watched and enjoyed basketball in the 80s tell me you can even imagine Magic or Larry claiming they started playing worse on the brink of a championship because of "other things not her minds? If you can, you remember different athletes than I do. Or can anyone imagine the twitter meltdown if LeBron did that? My God.

BTW, the poison pizza story is clearly BS too. 

• Thanks 1