Sign in to follow this  
d0ublestr0ker0ll

"The Last Dance" - '97/'98 Bulls

So when do we get the part about Jordan's glorious two years with our Washington Wizards?

2nd half of the series wasn't nearly as strong as the first half. felt more like you could tell MJ had his hands on the 2nd half of the product

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Forehead said:

So when do we get the part about Jordan's glorious two years with our Washington Wizards?

You should be worshiping the gods that the GOAT even graced your **** franchise in said Wizards uniform....

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

The man for real had a damn piano in his room.... lol... GOAT... I thought he was bull ****ting about that too... lol

Edited by killerbee99
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Forehead said:

Hopefully never, it was an abomination seeing Jordan hanging on like that even if he had some nice moments. Sadly, it was the peak of the Wizards franchise. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Probably just as well they pretend those two years didn't happen.

Watching this put the Kwame Brown thing in a new light for me, seeing how Jordan went after Scott Burrell and other teammates.  Given Jordan's ability to find a slight in the smallest thing, or even invent them, I'm now convinced that he went after Kwame because Jordan had to draft someone the the #1 pick and wasn't allowed to draft himself.

"What do you mean I've been in the league 15 years?  I want to draft myself #1 overall...**** it, that rookie is dead meat."  After watching the way he invented slights for people talking to him, not talking to him, I'm not eliminating this as a possibility. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'd love to know Jordan's thoughts on LeBron and KD.  Like, what he'd tell you in private, not on camera.  

He thinks both are amazing players.

He thinks that LeBron is the better player for the league though, because Durant is selfish and kind of a female dog. He thinks Durant is a prima Donna. 

Now you know. 

Just now, Kosher Ham said:

He thinks both are amazing players.

He thinks that LeBron is the better player for the league though, because Durant is selfish and kind of a female dog. He thinks Durant is a prima Donna. 

Now you know. 

Hey MJ, didn't know you were on the forums here.

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Hey MJ, didn't know you were on the forums here.

You realize that I live in Charlotte right? We're in the same circles. I've had many conversations over the years. 

12 hours ago, Forehead said:

Cant even imagine Jordan dealing with Kwame Brown.

I had close seats once when Kwame was a Laker and oh my god, Phil and the assistant coach were directly yelling at Kwame the entire game. The assistant, think it was Curt Rambis maybe? would stand and just point at a spot on the floor screaming Kwame's name to just stand there. The entire game. Like 500 times.

Phil, the entire game, "KWAME. CROSS PICK. KWAME CROSS PICK" like 1000 times. 

Its all you could hear.

A couple things I wish they'd included:

- Jordan's interview in 1998 with Stuart Scott when he said the GOAT debate is pointless because he never played Dr. J, Baylor etc. in their primes and that he is appreciative of being called that but he doesn't agree.

- The game winners he missed. He did that great commercial in the 2000s about missing over 20 potential game winners and that is why he succeeds because he isn't afraid to fail.

I think a lot of the anti-Jordan sentiment is because of the Skip Bayless cohort that implies he never lost or missed clutch shots or that there is no GOAT argument outside of him. But Jordan's own comments are that he did fail, and he did overcome missed chances and the work he put in is what got him to where he is now. He, like LeBron, Magic, Bird, Shaq, Kareeem etc. is flawed. LeBron would love to have the 2011 Finals back. Jordan would probably like to have a lot of ECF games vs. Detroit where he forced it himself back. Magic would like to have 1984 back and Bird would like to have 1985 back etc.

The arguments on social media aren't even fun to have because they are all axioms with no nuance or context and to prop one up, the other has to be completely damned.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

You realize that I live in Charlotte right? We're in the same circles. I've had many conversations over the years. 

Oh, ok.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Oh, ok.

Down here in Richmond, hanging out with Ben Wallace, GWAR and Jason Mraz is pretty much all we do.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The world is so crazy right now someone just humble brags that they hang out with one of the most famous people in the entire world and the response is just "oh ok"

Shhhh, don't let TTB know but Metallica called me and I'm their tour photographer when things get back to normal and we start having concerts again.  

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)

Knicks fan growing up here. Followed Ewing from G'town to the Knicks.

"Hey here's a documentary where you can re-live how Jordan a degenerate gambler and ****tard Tar Heel ruined your teenage years time and again."

hard pass

Edited by Elessar78
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Knicks fan growing up here. Followed Ewing from G'town to the Knicks.

"Hey here's a documentary where you can re-live how Jordan a degenerate gambler and ****tard Tar Heel ruined your teenage years time and again."

hard pass

That's just jealousy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It was a great documentary series but I do agree it fell off a bit at the end. You can tell they were running out of things to talk about when Steve Kerr had like a third of episode 9 dedicated to him.

Kerr does have eight rings with three different teams. I understand why they gave him air time. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

57 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

It was a great documentary series but I do agree it fell off a bit at the end. You can tell they were running out of things to talk about when Steve Kerr had like a third of episode 9 dedicated to him.

I kinda get why he was there.  Him getting punched in the face is kind of a pinnacle moment of showcasing MJ's intensity and the message that MJ was trying to get across to his teammates...he just took it too far.  Kerr probably doesn't get as much air time on this documentary if he hasn't gone on to be a successful coach but he also represents the Jordan teammates that weren't superstars.  He is also the only teammate, IIRC, that stood up to Jordan.  He hit Jordan in the chest before taking it in the face.  And that story showed that Jordan gave him more respect after they patched things up and apologized.

I did think it was weird that they lumped him in on the promo shot:

360_20200417161424.jpg&cb=12

Pippen, Jordan, Rodman and Jackson are enough there.  Steve Kerr is out of place.  But if you had to pick a 4th Bull to put on this poster, wouldn't it have been Kukoc?

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 1