Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update - 3/11/21 - America Rescue Plan Bill is signed!

goskins10

I got "Payment Status - Not Available" 

I didn't get the second one because I moved in June and it hadn't caught up, and it'll have to be applied to taxes.  So hopefully they figure this out better for round 3. 

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Unleashing this stimulus just before St Patrick’s Day could lead to some unfortunate outcomes.

Yeah, this Irish girl doesn't usually spend it searching for a leaf blower and a carpet shampooer!  Look out, Atlanta!  :ols:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Mine is about 3 miles away :ols:...but thanks for the reminder...one of my friends' husband is a Lowe's manager, maybe I can even get a discount! 

I have always preferred Lowes anyway. Better service, better products, and better prices. A discount sounds nice... 🙂  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

I checked the payment tool.

it said

‘**** off’ ... or put another way ‘Payment status not available.’

Odd. Mine said, "**** please. You ain't getting stimulated."

Edited by The Evil Genius

I got my stimulus the first two times barely a few days after it was signed into law.  This time, nothing as of yet. Not quite worried or anything, just wondering why it is different this time, unless it has to do with the amount being much larger due to dependents also receiving the full amount.

The "Get My Payment" tool of course says No Info available, despite the fact that they have all my info, I file taxes electronically etc etc etc.....

12 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I got my stimulus the first two times barely a few days after it was signed into law.  This time, nothing as of yet. Not quite worried or anything, just wondering why it is different this time, unless it has to do with the amount being much larger due to dependents also receiving the full amount.

The "Get My Payment" tool of course says No Info available, despite the fact that they have all my info, I file taxes electronically etc etc etc.....

Depends on your bank sometimes too. Read Wells Fargo and Chase (I think?) were purposely holding off on delivering them until the 17th. 

Here is Katie Porter doing what she does best - she is using her whiteboard to provide details about the American Rescue Plan. It is fairly high level but gives a few details I did not know about. To help navigate if there is something particular you are interested in, here are some time stamps: 

0 - 2:18  - Intro

2:19 - 5:28 - Survival Checks 

5:29 - 10:24 - Child Tax Credits (would have liked more detail here. Not becasue I still have children that age, but I think there is a bigger story to tell. Might be in the Q&A that I did not watch.)

10:25 - 12:25 - Unemployment Insurance

12:26 - 14:10 - Shots in Arms! 

14:11 - 17:16 - Kids in School

17:17 - 21:00 - Begins impact discussion but also provides a few more details of smaller parts of the bill. 

21:11 - End - Mostly Q&A. I only watched a few minutes of this but there could be good info in there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

The GOP would have been smart to vote for the bill and then come out publicly and say that they support the stimulus for covid, spending to help schools get back open and then simply say that "elections have consequences" and they had to make concessions on other aspects of the bill in order to get the help the American people needed into their hands, a part of the bill they all agree on.  It is really easy  messaging, you know how I know? Because the Dems make similar statements every time they roll over and go along with GOP bills when they are in the minority.   

Instead they keep approaching Biden like Obama 2.0 and try to go scorched earth "everything is terrible, we aren't voting no on everything" as a strategy, but it isn't working so far with Biden.  We could get into possible reasons why, but I will save that for another discussion.