Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update - 3/11/21 - America Rescue Plan Bill is signed!

goskins10

15 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Used to be one of those folks they looking for, those are seasonal jobs typically during a global pandemic.  Work you to death and don't pay ****, thats why they bring in so many international students that are jus happy to be here.  

• Like 3

I didn't know this about the airline industry & their CARES money - looks like more airline workers are at risk of being laid off over the next 5-6 weeks if things remain the same. Good thing the GOP led Senate decided to take their summer break:

CUTS COULD COME AS CARES ACT SUPPORT ENDS

As part of the bailout package approved in the CARES Act, airlines were required to maintain a “minimum level of service” through Sept. 30, 2020. For most carriers, this meant operating the majority of their flights and keeping staff on the payroll, even if flyers were scarce.

With those conditions coming to an end, airlines are looking for ways to cut their operating costs and maintain an appropriate bottom line. As part of their reductions, American sent WARN notices to over 25,000 employees, putting them on notice that they could be furloughed by the airline.

https://www.flyertalk.com/articles/american-eyes-ending-service-to-30-cities.html

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

These jobs are typically filled by international students for seasonal work, that will accept peanuts just to be on US soil for the summer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

These jobs are typically filled by international students for seasonal work, that will accept peanuts just to be on US soil for the summer.

did you read the article?

However, George Kotarides, owner of Dough Boys pizza restaurants, said in his situation the lack of J-1 students has been very low on the list of issues.”

44 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

However, George Kotarides, owner of Dough Boys pizza restaurants, said in his situation the lack of J-1 students has been very low on the list of issues.”

Yeah, I don't see how the lack of J-1 students is low on the list of issues at all.  Have you ever gone to the beach during summertime?  So many in service jobs of any type are J-1 students.  For anyone to say that lack of them is low on the list of issues, tells me they have other motives for what they are saying. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 1:15 PM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Let’s see how many workers they and other employers need when the demand that had been propped up by the stimulus goes away. If Tя☭mp and especially Moscow Mitch don’t change their tune, things are going to get ugly, just in time for the election. Make no mistake about it. This is a massive **** up that the Grand Oligarch’s Party owns, lock, stock, and barrel. But we all know who their base will blame for it. “Damn O-Bommuh!”😡😡

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2020 at 9:29 AM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Several problems with this article. Let's start with the people that typically have those jobs do not qualify for unemployment. So how is the $600.00 keeping them away? They are not getting $600.00 a month becasue they do not qualify for unemployment. So he is just promoting a false narrative becasue like you and many others, poor people getting a few extra $s while companies and rich people get $Ms seems to be a major problem. Heaven forbid we attempt to provide and serve those in need for once instead of trhe ****inbg already rich.  

And what about those that do qualify for UI. If I am furloughed or laid off from in IT job, am I supposed to run out and get a pizza job delivering pizza??   More importantly, and I asked you this before when you brought up this very bad and quite honestly ridiculous example - did you ever think that delivering pizza during a pandemic is seen by people as a dangerous job???  Do you really want to drive all over to a bunch of strangers houses, exponentially raising your chances of getting the disease and then spreading it to your family, which is a known killer, for a few $s an hour???  

You keep holding onto one persons anecdotal account that clearly has an agenda and as far as I can see is full of ****. It's a flawed argument at best and an outright lie at worst.

I just do not understand why this $600.00 is such a problem for some people - mostly republicans. People need help, especially when you have an idiot president who will not accept responsibility and do his job by leading. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I just do not understand why this $600.00 is such a problem for some people - mostly republicans. People need help, especially when you have an idiot president who will not accept responsibility and do his job by leading. 

people need help, it’s called unemployment. An extra 600 on top of that is a handout.  @Renegade7 complaint that the jobs being offered suck is irrelevant. If people needed jobs, they would work. If they can make double their normal wage not working, they shouldn’t work.  

You can debate the merits of giving people an extra 600, and there are probably several good reasons, but it is still an incentive not to work.

It would be for me, if i made less than 600/week.  

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

people need help, it’s called unemployment. An extra 600 on top of that is a handout.  @Renegade7 complaint that the jobs being offered suck is irrelevant. If people needed jobs, they would work. If they can make double their normal wage not working, they shouldn’t work.  

You can debate the merits of giving people an extra 600, and there are probably several good reasons, but it is still an incentive not to work.

I'm sorry, but someone working retail as a manager being told to jus get a dishwasher job because they are avaliable sounds easy to say behind the comfy of a computer screen. Especially if they have a family.

@goskins10 GOP making a stink because they don't want to raise taxes to do it. Unemployment is not meant to meet exact income, we tried to edit the wrong tool for the job because of lack of support to turn UI into early stages of UBI that it should be. Again, because we'd have to raise taxes to do it.

Republicans are wanting the market to sort itself out like its not their problem to fix anything unless its too big to fail.  One family collapsing is how this conversation misses the point of multiple in a consumer driven economy.  Think this is bad, wait until the companies that depend on Christmas same way some depend on Summer get their ass kicked, too.

GOP doesn't care about the economy, we are the economy, they care about saving the folks that finance their campaigns. Thats it.  The stimulus checks were a backhand way to bailout banks knowing how many of them would be used for rent. Banks haven't demanded another to save stock market, so it stalled.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

BECAUSE THEY MIGHT GET SICK!!! 

Your ignorance on this topic is really getting old. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

First, let's stop with the trolling smiley emoji. They are not value added and only go to show you have no real point. I may be remembering incorrectly, but I believe there have been warnings about doing this. 

As for the rest, you keep banging this same drum every few weeks with no new data and nothing to support your position other than since some people are getting a little extra money they are just staying home to collect free money. You bring nothing new to this argument. You just resurrect it every few weeks with the same tired ****. You keep citing this idiot who owns a pizza shop who can't get people to deliver pizza to strange homes in the middle of a deadly pandemic!! Then you want to extrapolate that to all jobs and all people on UI. The rich part is the very large majority of people who deliver pizza for a living - or would - cannot collect UI. That is more about a living wage, but that's a different conversation.  

Yes, there are some people with the lack of integrity to stay home just because of the money (many who are staying home do it for safety and health), but most people want to work. Most people want to earn their own money. Most people have the integrity to go back to work. But they need jobs to go to that do not require risking their lives unnecessarily. And they deserve a safer environment to go back to work in. Until that happens I would stay home too if I could, but not just to get a few $100s extra. 

Done with this conversation - at least with you unless you can bring something new to the table. Repeating the same false narrative does not make it right unless it's trump saying it and it's one of his blind lapdog followers listening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

you keep banging this same drum every few weeks with no new data and nothing to support your position

Correct. 

also, why certain people are doing this only really has 2 possible answered. And you know what they are. 

Also watching this re-run is a good exercise in identifying people who are capable of empathy and those that aren’t. 

a lot of the people telling us what other people are doing with/because of that 600$, are really just telling us what they think they would do should they be in that position. They don’t realize it but that’s sort of the crutch of projection. They don’t even consider what other people actually in that position may be doing or thinking, their entire argument starts and stops at “this is as much or more or only slightly less so why would anyone work” as if that somehow encompasses the entirety of these people’s situations. 

flip a couple words around and watch their heads explode at the suggestion that businesses are only struggling because they’re run by incompetent and lazy business owners 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

BECAUSE THEY MIGHT GET SICK!!! 

So we are in agreement then, it is an incentive not to work? Incentivize not working because they might get sick. Your not wrong, but neither am I...

6 hours ago, goskins10 said:

As for the rest, you keep banging this same drum every few weeks with no new data and nothing to support your position other than since some people are getting a little extra money they are just staying home to collect free money.

I did. You just dismissed the links because it was anecdotal.. also, if you are tired of hearing it, why respond to a post I made a week ago? Your the dude that bumped the topic and got the conversation going again... I was trying to learn about the philosophical arguments made in bathroom stalls from @Renegade7.   I think I concluded last time that the 600 isn’t the worst thing but not the best either...

@tshile

if I made less than 600 a week I definitely would take advantage of extra UI benefits. I don’t have have a moral problem with people taking advantage of bad policy.

my business isn’t struggling but I still took advantage of the ppp because it was free money. Was it good policy, definitely less than ideal the way It was set up. 

16 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm sorry, but someone working retail as a manager being told to jus get a dishwasher job because they are avaliable sounds easy to say behind the comfy of a computer screen. Especially if they have a family.

is it better than being unemployed? Or maybe we’d be better off giving the extra 600 to a person like you mention who is under employed 

44 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

is it better than being unemployed? Or maybe we’d be better off giving the extra 600 to a person like you mention who is under employed 

In many cases, no.  You sound like someone who didn't wash dishes during peak summer season in Hampton Roads, be realistic.

You sound incapable of relating your thought process to reality on the ground. How can I have a serious conversation with you when you keep trying to say what people should do in situations you've never been in?

Correct us if we are wrong.  I've been on UI before and I'd never ask my dad in his 60s to do what i did in my early 20s jus to survive. Rediculous take after rediculous take, yo.

54 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I was trying to learn about the philosophical arguments made in bathroom stalls from @Renegade7.   I think I concluded last time that the 600 isn’t the worst thing but not the best either...

For someone that claims they need to eat more mushrooms, you sound like you need to get out more. This is off topic, but your credibility is taking hits here, im not understanding what you are trying to do here at all except maybe have the last word?

@tshile

if I made less than 600 a week I definitely would take advantage of extra UI benefits. I don’t have have a moral problem with people taking advantage of bad policy.

my business isn’t struggling but I still took advantage of the ppp because it was free money. Was it good policy, definitely less than ideal the way It was set up. 

You took money you didn't need from a program for people that did need it and also almost immediately ran out of money?  You should stop snitching on yourself.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

. How can I have a serious conversation with you when you keep trying to say what people should do in situations you've never been in?

there are reasons why people are in the situation they are in. Luck and capability have some role, but the hardest worker in any role will never be unemployed.

In any case, you are conflating the need to help people, which is real, with the belief that 600 in ui helps people and is the best way to do it.

You took money you didn't need from a program for people that did need it and also almost immediately ran out of money?  You should stop snitching on yourself.

the program didn’t have a “need” requirement.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

there are reasons why people are in the situation they are in. Luck and capability have some role, but the hardest worker in any role will never be unemployed.

You have no idea what you are talking about, more facts and stats, prove it. 

the program didn’t have a “need” requirement.

Disgusting. Stop pretending you care about what's best for the economy, your actions prove you don't really care.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Well, you know where I am at with the UI thing. I agree with y’all on most things but in this one I just disagree, so I’ll sit out on this topic for a while..

Hey, I dont disagree with you on everything you say, this one strongly though. 

So I respect you stepping back for a sec, ill do the same.

• Thanks 1

I had hoped by now to provide details for a new stimulus package. But so far there is nothing. The presidents EOs have not been put in place and there is some argument about the ability to put them in place. 

I like how the House passes a bill in May and sent it to the Senate only to have them sit on it for 2 months then cry foul when they could not come to agreement. I believe Rep are wrong if they think they can pin the lack of stimulus on Dems outside their already ignorant base.