50yrSKINSfan

Poll as to what we should do with our top draft pick

Posted (edited)

I have been changing my mind as to what we should do with our top draft pick so I was wondering what the rest of you think. 1 trade the pick for multiple picks. 2 draft the best QB. 3 draft Chase Young. 4 other choices.

Edited by 50yrSKINSfan
Spelling

there was a great poll on this a while back. I can't find it.  I have no trouble trading it for 5, 18 and 24 or better.  at 5 we get a prenominal player.  jeff Okudah at worst, Simmons or Young at best.  My assumption is that we will get vet to fill in for LT if Williams does not come back so 18 is bf, Ot or wide receiver if close. At 24 there are a few round 2 OT's that might drop. Anything less than those picks would be unacceptable.

This has been asked a couple of times already.  There's is no choice.  You draft Chase. A generational player on defense.  You don't skip that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rdskns2000 said:

This has been asked a couple of times already.  There's is no choice.  You draft Chase. A generational player on defense.  You don't skip that.

For sure it has been asked many.  Times, when the poll came out I stated I wanted to see where we were in April.  There might be 5 generational players in this draft and we are very lucky to be at number 2.  Was hoping the long post with poll on this could be moved up/

Posted (edited)

I think you draft Chase. If not, then you draft Chase. If you can't do that, you draft Chase. If that's not available and someone will give you an RGIII type draft haul (IE three number ones plus) then you trade the pick. 

Tua is not an option especially in these coronavirus days where you can't your own trainers to test him out or get you own doctors to study him.

Edit: That's the problem with young men today. All talk, no poll.

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

If we had gone bonkers (or even SEMI-bonkers) in FA and signed any of the dudes I was hoping for:  #1 Cory Littleton #2 Conklin/Bulaga #3 Hooper/Henry/Ebron #4 Tre Boston #5 Breshad Perriman-- as well as re-signing Flowers/Trent Williams....  then I would say Chase Young is a no-brainer.  (That's easily enough ammo to crush our weak division.)

He's still my favorite player in the draft, but if I'm Rivera and I'm trying build "my culture" then I'd do exactly what crazy-ass Gruden has done in OAK/Vegas and wholesale every "valuable" player on the roster for future picks.

Alas... I'm not Riverboat, I'm the O.G. Tiger King aka "LaRon Exotic" 🐅 and I choose Chase.  HOWEVER... if Miami throws 2 first round picks, another 3rd, and maybe a few Liger cubs in the mix,  (don't tell that old **** Carole!)  we can discuss matters behind closed doors.

So my answer for the poll is 3,1,2,4 🐯

• Haha 3

For me the Dolphins 3 1st round picks or it's Chase Young, if I was certain that the Lions would take Young at 3, I would take the Dolphins 5 and 18, and there earliest 2nd round pick and a 1st in 2021. I don't want Mara the Cheats Giants to get Young. 

HTTR 

• Like 1

To me it's a no brainer.  You take the best prospect in the draft at #2, Chase Young.  It fills a need now and when Kerrigan retires.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/31/2020 at 9:11 AM, 50yrSKINSfan said:

I have been changing my mind as to what we should do with our top draft pick so I was wondering what the rest of you think. 1 trade the pick for multiple picks. 2 draft the best QB. 3 draft Chase Young. 4 other choices.

I'm not going going to tease you or tell you you're wasting your time on this one.

Recommend trying this on your OP in this thread to get bigger sample size, if you really are trying to survey the board, not everyone with an opinion tends to post it.

Screenshot_20200404-084756_Chrome.jpg.dd3f5cc83745a2d6eaffec7263c3ad00.jpg

Some people probably have changed their mind, but honestly, I can see most people voting for path of least resistance right now.  I welcome the distraction, all things considered.

I haven't changed my mind as much as accepted the reality of the situation, just stadium talk here.  We don't have anyone opposite Sweat and the free agents that could are looking at us like 2000s Cleveland Browns.

I'm not against trading down for more then one first to get Isaiah Simmons and trade the other first for the DE in JAX that got franchised since he's from DC, that's probably only way to get someone to help complete the front 4 this offseason via free agency that might be worth it.  Might.

The smoke that came out recently about us trading down I believe has something to do with concern we won't get a 2nd for Trent.  I like what we did in free agency so far, it's just not enough to get consistent pressure with the front four.  We more likely to trade down next year then this year at this rate.

A lot of people are going to want to double down in drafting Chase out of concern how hard it will be to get a player like that, even I have to deal with reality one isn't going to sign here anytime soon.  When Cooper turned us down for less money in Dallas, that was a wake up call for me. Something I already knew, but still felt some kinda way when it happened. Old enough to remember when free agents came here just to get the most money.

Edited by Renegade7

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

@Renegade7 is the poll expert. Maybe he can help deboomer this debacle.  :ols:

If it makes you feel better, my dad used to have a Samsung Note as well, I did that screenshot with a 9, he just never posts : )

I'm also 95% certain if I told my wife I jus got promoted, shed squint at me like a cat and go back to sleep, so thanks for the compliment.

6 minutes ago, duffy said:

I tried to post a pole, but it didn't work. 

I know women who have had that happen to them professionally in Portsmouth.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 2

Going based off our ES mock, if we did trade back with Miami for 1.5, 1.18 and a 2021 1st, who do you take?

1.5:  Simmons, any one of the tackles, any of the receivers, or Derek Brown

1.18:  Chaisson, Henderson or Fulton, McKinney or Delpit, Jefferson or Mims, or Murray

Ignoring need, I probably go Brown and Chaisson.  Factoring need fairly heavily, probably Wills or Thomas and Chaisson or Murray.  Hard to pass on Simmons though...

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Going based off our ES mock, if we did trade back with Miami for 1.5, 1.18 and a 2021 1st, who do you take?

1.5:  Simmons, any one of the tackles, any of the receivers, or Derek Brown

1.18:  Chaisson, Henderson or Fulton, McKinney or Delpit, Jefferson or Mims, or Murray

Ignoring need, I probably go Brown and Chaisson.  Factoring need fairly heavily, probably Wills or Thomas and Chaisson or Murray.  Hard to pass on Simmons though...

I'd go Simmons/Okudah at 5 and then see which WR and OT are available at 18, but I'd probably try to move down again and acquire 2nd and 3rd rounders. 

Edited by duffy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, duffy said:

I'd go Simmons/Okudah at 5 and then see which WR and OT are available at 18, but I'd probably try to move down again and acquire 2nd and 3rd rounders. 

Yeah, trading back a bit from 1.18 and landing a LT (I like Josh Jones, though there are likely better prospects available at that point) and additional picks would be pretty sweet.  

The only thing about Okudah at 1.5 is comparing the drop off to other corners, both at 1.18 and later.  I like some of the tackles later in the 1st, maybe into the 2nd, but it’s a big drop off after (same with Simmons).  

• Like 1

1. Draft Chase .1A. Trade back to 5 or 6 take a tackle ,Thomas is the best. If we trade back and Chase isn’t there sign Clownley.

What happens if Chase Young accidentally appears on the NFL draft video conference smoking weed out of a gas mask? Do you still take him at #2? 

8 minutes ago, duffy said:

What happens if Chase Young accidentally appears on the NFL draft video conference smoking weed out of a gas mask? Do you still take him at #2? 

i do as long as he doesn't bogart the mask

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Either Young at #2 or trade back for Simmons and a haul. Simmons is the only player i'm ok with trading back for. Dude has grown on me. Simmons, an upper echelon LT in the first like Wirfs, Chinn and Trautman plus an extra first next year? I'm totally ok with that. 

10 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

I think the fat lady has sung on this poll thread.

Dude. You know you aren't supposed to call other members out in that way. Why you gotta do me like that? I was trying my best.

• Haha 3