TK

Press Release: #REDSKINS SIGN T CORNELIUS LUCAS

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

March 27, 2020

REDSKINS SIGN T CORNELIUS LUCAS

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed tackle Cornelius Lucas. Full terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Lucas (6-8, 327) is entering his seventh NFL season after originally being signed as an undrafted free agent by the Detroit Lions in 2014. He has appeared in 53 regular season games with 16 starts. Lucas has started in both of the postseason contests that he has appeared in during his career. 

In 2019, Lucas appeared in 16 games with eight starts at tackle for the Chicago Bears. He allowed only one sack, per STATS LLC.

Lucas played collegiately at Kansas State where he appeared in 50 career games. He was a First Team All-Big 12 selection in 2012.

Lucas, 28, attended Edna Karr H.S. in New Orleans, La. He was born July 18, 1991.

20 minutes ago, volsmet said:

F9ADC732-4EE9-4132-BE59-B3BE6F7FA530.gif

1 sack allowed and no penalties in more than 500 snaps in 2019.  Seems like a good signing to me.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

1 sack allowed and no penalties in more than 500 snaps in 2019.  Seems like a good signing to me.

IMO, he will fight Moses for the RT position.  I think Peters is signed to a 1 or 2 year deal soon to replace TW once he is traded.

This guy is tall with a big frame and sounds like he could be a winner.  He is only 28 so he is not over the hill.

Has post season experience.  What is not to like about this signing?  Hope they explained to him the post season is a little ways off for our team.

I am sure he checked off on the culture requirements too most likely.  Must have an agent who is not a jerk and gives bad advice to his clients.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RWJ said:

IMO, he will fight Moses for the RT position.  I think Peters is signed to a 1 or 2 year deal soon to replace TW once he is traded.

Peters and Williams have the same agent. He’s not coming here. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

You are correct. I think Geron Christian also share that agent as well. I could be wrong. 

25 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I know they do. :) Peters very well not be it's my opinion that is all.  

1 hour ago, xxprodigyxx said:

Cornelius Lucas

Please don’t quote pictures. I don’t want to have to report you. 

54 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

213C6067-9D8C-4732-8F5F-35A1EA26729D.gif

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, volsmet said:

Who the fook....

You know like how New England has guys that no one has ever heard of .... yeah it's like that. 

Edited by zskins

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

Except maybe without the New England staff

Or QB but for us....Baby steps. Progress.

• Like 2

500 snaps and only 1 sack says a lot. I would be interested to see how he did against Kahlil in practice.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RWJ said:

Peters has the same agent as Williams.  

Care to revise your remarks?

14 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Except this staff is the best we’ve had top to bottom since 1992.  

So there some small hope. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Except this staff is the best we’ve had top to bottom since 1992.  

Since we're talking about OL, let's consider who the new OL coach is.

I realize fan opinions don't amount to much by themselves, but when you see a compounded pattern like this, it's hard to be optimistic.

Thread after thread after thread of complaints about Matsko.

In fact, it's quite unusual for a position coach to get this many individual threads (there may even be more - this was just a quick search)

https://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/160426-will-ol-coach-john-matsko-be-the-scapegoat/

https://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/89837-why-does-john-matsko-never-get-any-blame-for-our-ol/

https://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/158190-are-we-still-propping-up-john-matsko/

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Since we're talking about OL, let's consider who the new OL coach is.

I realize fan opinions don't amount to much by themselves, but when you see a compounded pattern like this, it's hard to be optimistic.

Thread after thread after thread of complaints about Matsko.

In fact, it's quite unusual for a position coach to get this many individual threads (there may even be more - this was just a quick search)

https://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/160426-will-ol-coach-john-matsko-be-the-scapegoat/

https://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/89837-why-does-john-matsko-never-get-any-blame-for-our-ol/

https://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/158190-are-we-still-propping-up-john-matsko/

I know nothing about the guy but I remember there being a lot of positive reactions to the hire by the NFL types, reporters and such who said he knows what he’s doing and is very good.

And just based on results he can’t be THAT bad.  The panthers have been able to run the ball basically at will for years.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The panthers have been able to run the ball basically at will for years.  

Based on ranking, they were more like middle of the road, when it comes to Rushing Yards (season total rushing, and rushing yards per game)

They were ranked #14 in that department, with 1,819 total rushing, and 113 rushing per game.

That's 2019, btw...just taking the most recent example.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

19 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I would love a Bizarro World episode of the NFL where Rivera and his Panthers staff had Brady. 

Not saying, just saying. 

Quality depth, which is something we haven't had in the recent past. Injuries happen, it's just part of the game. But when multiple injuries occur and you have to sign and immediately start a player who was watching games from his couch the week before, it's not a good sign. I like the depth being built at multiple positions.

• Like 2