Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Revisiting Jon Beck While Social Distancing - Thanks, NFL Network!

1 hour ago, drowland said:

I'll go further, I remember Kyle saying he was jumping on the table wanting the Texans to take Beck in the first rd.  The Shanahans were all in on him as the next Joe Montana.

Lol good thing the 49ers have John Lynch.

On 3/25/2020 at 6:25 PM, Dissident2 said:

Sweet mother of all creatures great and small, I'd forgotten how utterly horrific Jon Beck was. He absolutely has to be the worst pro quarterback I've ever witnessed. At the very least the worst who's ever been considered a viable starter for us. 

Cary Conklin says 'Hi".

On 3/26/2020 at 9:54 AM, carex said:

John Beck is one of the key reasons I actually distrust Mike Shannahan, not just dislike but distrust him.  The way he heaped praise on this nothing of a QB, would go back and tell people he hadn't wanted one QB or another, drafting Jay Cutler when the Broncos had Jake Plummer and benching Plummer, drafting RG3 and Kirk the same year.  I don't think his relationship with QBs was healthy and I think ultimately he wished they were as interchangeable as RBs in his system.

Not only did shanny overplay Beck's viability, he also must have lied to Beck. I remember after the season ended and the Redskins were talking about their quarterback situation. He was quoted saying he was at the practice facility and preparing as if he would be the starter.  Then the team basically had to tell him to stop hanging around because he wasn't a Redskins as anymore.

I think this is one of the articles:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/redskins-john-beck-still-not-counting-himself-out/2012/01/03/gIQApR7pZP_blog.html

Edited by kfrankie
On 3/26/2020 at 6:39 PM, carex said:

We didn't lose anyone important

Colt Brennan was lost in that trade. I never liked Kyle after he made that trade and got rid of Colt. Madden said Colt was someone special. Madden > Kyle. 

12 minutes ago, zskins said:

Colt Brennan was lost in that trade. I never liked Kyle after he made that trade and got rid of Colt. Madden said Colt was someone special. Madden > Kyle. 

well, Colt didn't make it in the CFL, UFL or Arena so...

3 minutes ago, carex said:

well, Colt didn't make it in the CFL, UFL or Arena so...

After he left the Redskins he was in a very bad car accident and could never go back to football. 

Jason Campbell comes to mind when talking about some of the worse.  All of his stats came in garbage time.  If you look at box scores, you can plainly see he has less than 100 yards going into the 4th quarter.  The Skins were way down, and he racked up yards and a TD or 2 at the end.  He suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was/2008/gamelog/

http://www.nfl.com/player/jasoncampbell/2506364/careerstats

Side topic: Why does Cleveland keep on picking up Redskins trash QB's?

Edited by Thirtyfive2seven