Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

As per NFL.com (and others) Redskins trade with Panthers for Kyle allen (QB)

I like Allen, I think he makes relatively good decisions, but any QB is going to toss some INTs at some point. If I could nitpick one main thing about him, I wish he would make his decisions a bit quicker. If you're going to take off and run, do it! If you're going to throw it, don't wait until its too late.

On 10/30/2020 at 9:12 AM, wit33 said:

Not a penny over 8mil next season and I’m good with him on the roster. 

It would be a travesty if he were to put a statistically respectful year and get 10-15mil for next season. This is when I’m completely out on Allen, no matter what he does this season. 

Hope team plays hard ball and doesn’t just cave in on what the expected going rate is for a starter in the league. If it ever reaches that point. 

They should play hard ball now. Put a deal on the table for backup money. Take it otherwise Alex Smith is starting rest of the year.  Every weeks he starts he gets more leverage. 

24 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

They should play hard ball now. Put a deal on the table for backup money. Take it otherwise Alex Smith is starting rest of the year.  Every weeks he starts he gets more leverage. 

There’s no need to piss people off like that when you control him for most of 3 seasons cheap anyways. It’s a bad look.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

There’s no need to piss people off like that when you control him for most of 3 seasons cheap anyways. It’s a bad look.

They screwed up the Cousins situation pretty bad. It’s a business. Using leverage when you have it is sound business practice. He could fizzle out fast as well. This gives the team an incentive to play him. I don’t think it’s unreasonable. He gets a decent paycheck and second contract as an undrafted player. If he plays lights out above the contract he will get rewarded in a couple of years like most rookies who play on a rookie deal for 4. 

WFT an early 3 point favorite against the Giants. That's surprising considering how well the Giants played last night. Kyle Allen getting some respect! Would be nice to win this game. I feel comfortable with Allen back there and hope that after the Dallas game they have the confidence to unleash him. He doesn't have the strongest arm, but like he showed on that back foot throw to Terry, it's good enough to get the job done. 

• Like 2

It is worrisome how well the Giants played against the Bucs but hope Allen will have a turnover free game. I think we have a good chance if he doesn't turn the ball over. Keeping my fingers crossed.

20 hours ago, owa said:

It is worrisome how well the Giants played against the Bucs but hope Allen will have a turnover free game. I think we have a good chance if he doesn't turn the ball over. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Brady always has issues of some sort against the giants so I don't put much weight into it...

• Like 1

Allen does not have the confidence in his own arm to make second level throws from inside the pocket unless he has the space to step into it.  If he is flat footed and in a tight pocket even if he gets a read he hesitates to make the throw.  He might have good reason to be hesitant but as long as he decides to roll out of the pocket into the hands of waiting edge guys instead of delivering passes downfield in tight spaces, he will struggle. 

He seems very confident to me.  I wouldn't underestimate the touch he puts on his throws for lack of arm strength.  Watch his throws in college and in Carolina. He has beautiful touch something Dwayne Haskins sorely lacks.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, CurseReversed said:

Allen does not have the confidence in his own arm to make second level throws from inside the pocket unless he has the space to step into it.  If he is flat footed and in a tight pocket even if he gets a read he hesitates to make the throw.  He might have good reason to be hesitant but as long as he decides to roll out of the pocket into the hands of waiting edge guys instead of delivering passes downfield in tight spaces, he will struggle. 

?

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Any info on recovery time for an injury like this? (Dislocated ankle, bone chip) I guess they'll know more after the MRI, but just wondering out loud..

From generic internet source:

"What is the recovery time for a dislocated ankle? After the initial treatment is complete, whether or not surgery is required, rehabilitation may take six to 12 weeks before returning the patient to their pre-injury activities."

https://www.medicinenet.com/dislocated_ankle_ankle_dislocation/article.htm

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I can't remember and I'm too lazy to look it up, what are Kyle Allen's contract terms?  How many more years does he have on his deal?  

If memory serves, he's under contract for one more year and costing peanuts.  But maybe I'm wrong....

He on a one year deal but is an exclusive rights free agent with only two accrued seasons now. So we can keep him on a very inexpensive deal next year.

11 hours ago, bowhunter said:

Who's gonna replace his roster spot as QB1 or QB2? Haskins? Smith? Even if we draft wonderRook in '21, he's still gonna have a spot.

Haskins will be traded or cut.

Smith will retire.

We Will sign a free agent to be starter.

We May draft a qb in 21 but definitely in 22; to take over when the vet is done.

We also have a new backup but it won’t be Kyle.

I could be dead wrong but that’s what I believe.

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Haskins will be traded or cut.

Smith will retire.

We Will sign a free agent to be starter.

We May draft a qb in 21 but definitely in 22; to take over when the vet is done.

We also have a new backup but it won’t be Kyle.

I could be dead wrong but that’s what I believe.

You are dead wrong. Kyle is going to cost < 1M a year. Are you saying you’d rather have a Colt/Case type of backup at 3x the price?

• Like 1