ThePackisback

Rewatching the Skins Packers game

From this last season and if your running back doesn’t get hurt I think we might have lost. You guys were running it down our throats and your defense took it to us. Also if Keenum took over for Haskins who injured his ankle we definitely might have gotten beat. We went up 14-0 and won 20-15 so you guys were catching up fast. You just ran out of time. What did you guys think? With being quarantined definitely need some football conversation as I am bored lol.

I think the Skins were better than their record and the Packers were beatable on many weeks. Had Callahan been the coach from the beginning of the season I believe the Skins win at least 6 games if not more. They were never ready to start seasons under Camp Gruden. The Packers impressed me in their MNF beatdown of Minnesota in Minnesota but they didn't seem to be the Packers of old with Rodgers. Curious to see what the Pack puts around Rodgers this coming season, seems like he needs a TE and another WR. Did he miss Cobb and Jordy? 

I always appreciate your outsider perspective. I think for some strange reason, we always play Green Bay tough so it might make you think we're better than what we actually are. I feel like our team has a lot of young talent but most of that talent is inconsistent. Terry and our big boys in the middle are the only ones we can depend on week in and week out. 

I think in that particular game it was Green Bay looking ahead too soon. They knew they were a lot better and more refined as a team than we were, and maybe let their foot off the gas a little too much. 

4 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I always appreciate your outsider perspective. I think for some strange reason, we always play Green Bay tough so it might make you think we're better than what we actually are. I feel like our team has a lot of young talent but most of that talent is inconsistent. Terry and our big boys in the middle are the only ones we can depend on week in and week out. 

I think in that particular game it was Green Bay looking ahead too soon. They knew they were a lot better and more refined as a team than we were, and maybe let their foot off the gas a little too much. 

The Skins beat us three out of 4 meetings this last decade all in Washington. They have our number and they beat us the year we won the SB.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

The Skins beat us three out of 4 meetings this last decade all in Washington. They have our number and they beat us the year we won the SB.

False. The Packers are 3-2 against the Skins since the start of 2010, including a pretty significant game in DC following the 2015 season 

4 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

False. The Packers are 3-2 against the Skins since the start of 2010, including a pretty significant game in DC following the 2015 season 

You guys beat us in 2010, 2016 and 2018. You nearly beat us last year too.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

Crap, forgot about the miserable 2018 rain game that I was at

“Miserable”? You had zero fun watching us win 31-17? 😂😂 plus it was in September, so it was warm. 

Skins are 3-2 against them in regular season since 2010, and 0-1 in the playoffs (where it matters most, true). I think @ThePackisback point was moreso that we’ve performed well against them in general this decade :) 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

“Miserable”? You had zero fun watching us win 31-17? 😂😂 plus it was in September, so it was warm. 

Skins are 3-2 against them in regular season since 2010, and 0-1 in the playoffs (where it matters most, true). I think @ThePackisback point was moreso that we’ve performed well against them in general this decade :) 

Hey Cooley how ya been buddy?!

Why the hell was that field so slick for that game?  Caused a lot of slips and injuries.  Looked nice though.

4 hours ago, hogdirty said:

Why the hell was that field so slick for that game?  Caused a lot of slips and injuries.  Looked nice though.

I think we had freezing Rain the night before.

Just watched the coaches film of this game. I only watched the offensive plays. Saw some linemen whiff on a few run plays that could have gone for more yards. I also saw a lot of weird passing concepts. I mean there was a bunch of plays where WR weren't even into their routes before Haskins was taking a sack. I saw minimal passing plays where receivers were available to receive a throw in this game. Their routes were just not conducive to the down and distance or the situation. Even the 3rd and 1 play where the ball is batted down made no sense. Particularly when the offense was fairly successful with the run. I recorded every play and was thinking about posting it, but its a fairly big file. This game also makes me want to take a look at the other games. Many times we blame the QB or the line when a sack occurs. After watching this game, I blame the coordinator. You can't block forever and you can't throw to receivers running aimlessly down the field either. Smh.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, joeken24 said:

Just watched the coaches film of this game. I only watched the offensive plays. Saw some linemen whiff on a few run plays that could have gone for more yards. I also saw a lot of weird passing concepts. I mean there was a bunch of plays where WR weren't even into their routes before Haskins was taking a sack. I saw minimal passing plays where receivers were available to receive a throw in this game. Their routes were just not conducive to the down and distance or the situation. Even the 3rd and 1 play where the ball is batted down made no sense. Particularly when the offense was fairly successful with the run. I recorded every play and was thinking about posting it, but its a fairly big file. This game also makes me want to take a look at the other games. Many times we blame the QB or the line when a sack occurs. After watching this game, I blame the coordinator. You can't block forever and you can't throw to receivers running aimlessly down the field either. Smh.

I rewatched ALL the games from last year. We were just not a move the chains type of team. There were plenty of times we went for more yards than was necessary instead of plays or options that would have kept drives alive. The biggest let down IMO was TE play. They led in dropped passes on critical downs. We were also limited in our LT play. He did relatively well but they had to align their protection to help out and it reduced the passing options. Watching the games again, it was obvious that Dwayne started getting more comfortable with the plays and with his protection...but he did get beat up. I will like to see him have a better touch with the short passes. How to deliver on time and keep the chain moving... and choosing his moments.  It was no coincidence his pass completion percentage improved as the season wore on. 

• Like 1