Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

38 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Ranch cheez it ridges joints ftw 

33 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Sounds like you got really stoned.

Thanks to those "vitamins".

• Haha 5

I've got a question for a dr person in the know....my wife went to the dr and was diagnosed with bronchitis which is highly contagious...she's had it for a week and a half..how long will it take for me to get it?

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I've got a question for a dr person in the know....my wife went to the dr and was diagnosed with bronchitis which is highly contagious...she's had it for a week and a half..how long will it take for me to get it?

Not a doctor, but we had a similar situation in February. We returned from vacation via MIA airport on February 19th (Wednesday). On Friday, my wife started feeling ill. By Saturday it was full-blown so she went to the ER near us. She was diagnosed with bronchitis, given meds & sent home. Monday evening I started to get that feeling in the back of my throat. I immediately took a double dose of elderberry & normal dose of Coricidin. I continued this through Thursday evening. I never got sick, but I did take a couple of afternoon naps because I wasn't feeling 100%. That was it. By Friday I was fine. My wife was still battling it almost 2 full weeks after she started on 2/21. 

My guess is if you haven't had it yet, you're probably ok. Social distance & use lots of sanitary wipes on all surfaces in your house.  

20 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Not a doctor, but we had a similar situation in February. We returned from vacation via MIA airport on February 19th (Wednesday). On Friday, my wife started feeling ill. By Saturday it was full-blown so she went to the ER near us. She was diagnosed with bronchitis, given meds & sent home. Monday evening I started to get that feeling in the back of my throat. I immediately took a double dose of elderberry & normal dose of Coricidin. I continued this through Thursday evening. I never got sick, but I did take a couple of afternoon naps because I wasn't feeling 100%. That was it. By Friday I was fine. My wife was still battling it almost 2 full weeks after she started on 2/21. 

My guess is if you haven't had it yet, you're probably ok. Social distance & use lots of sanitary wipes on all surfaces in your house.  

Yeah it's crazy... the plus side of it is is she is no longer a cigarette smoker, she quit, I continue to smoke..we share a pipe and yet I have to catch what she is getting better from.. I take a one a day fish oil pill but she doesn't. I don't get it...I'm glad of course but confused lol

With the hospital ship arriving in New York to treat non-COVID19 items, people are finally getting a taste of government-run health care treatment.  One man reports showing up to the ship with 3 broken ribs and a ruptured spleen.  Was given Motrin, reminded to hydrate and change his socks.

-joke stolen from Facebook

Wonder if I will get locked up if I go to Home Depot right now.

EDIT:

Actually looks like I could go to HD according to the order.  I do need to get laundry detergent, and I need to get some bee spray to get rid of this bees nest in our front yard, which would fall under "essential maintenance of home or residence".  I also would be picking up some paint and an electrical part, but I think the first 2 items would surpass it.

EDIT 2:

Nope, not arrested!  And there is NOTICEABLY less people out right now.  Looks like the lockdown is working.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 2

A bit of a light hearted post to lighten the mood.  

While everyone is on lockdown indoors a herd of goats have taken over a seaside town in the UK

The thread on twitter follows the story.

Edited by UK_HOG
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I want to apologize for my snarkiness last night. Things I can't control are getting to me. Sorry. 

I think we are all there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Zooming with my morning class, and them students were SALTY. They did NOT want to talk about the lecture I uploaded; there was much unloading, instead, on Dump and internet conspiracy theories. I was there for all of it. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well I found out a little while ago that we may in fact get paid for all the hours we aren't allowed to work due to COVID stuff.  It's not definite but there is something in the works.

So instead of being paid to do work at home remotely, they would rather pay us to sit at home and do nothing.

Your hard earned tax dollars at work folks!

• Like 4

The booze epidemic: with no boss in sight, workers can drink from home

Matthew Sherwood normally enjoys a few drinks while out with friends. But shut inside the Rose Bay apartment he shares with his partner, he has found himself cracking open the beers at home.

"I'm probably drinking most nights now as opposed to just drinking socially, usually" the 27-year-old says. "It has quickly become more socially acceptable to drink alone or without company."

He's not the only one reaching for the bottle during this period of protracted isolation. Credit and debit card data from the Commonwealth Bank shows alcohol sales were up 20 per cent in the week to March 20, compared to the same week last year.

Digging into the detail reveals a more pronounced trend. Alcohol sales at bottle shops were up 37 per cent. Even after you factor in the gradual shift from cash to card transactions, sales were still up more than 30 per cent.

By contrast, card transactions at drinking holes - such as bars and pubs, but excluding restaurants - were down 6 per cent compared to the same week last year. Before the crisis, in the first six weeks of the year, card expenditure at bars had been up 15 per cent year-on-year.

These figures are from the week leading up to March 20 - before the stage one lockdown restrictions which closed pubs, bars, restaurants and cafes. Last week's data will be available in coming days, and is expected to show a further boom in takeaway alcohol.

That has public health advocates worried.

"Once people start using alcohol to cope with anxiety, that's a slippery slope," says Caterina Giorgi, chief executive of the Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education.

"If you're sitting around and drinking alcohol all day then you're not being as healthy as you can be. It might not seem a lot but it adds up over time for chronic disease, and it weakens your immunity to be able to fight COVID-19 if you do get it."

Click on the link for the full article

So I talked to you guys about that really promising job interview that fell through. Well, the day before that, I had a lengthy interview with a representative from a small school in downtown LA, but they said they would get back to me in 2-3 weeks and I wrote the whole thing off. 

Well, they finally got back to me, and they want me to block out 2 hours of my day to talk to them on hangouts next Wednesday, complete with videos of teaching experience and a lesson plan. This is the real deal and I'm thrilled that I have a whole week to prepare. 

Just a nice piece of news to keep me going in quarantine. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1