No Excuses

The Quarantine Thread

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

My boss, who had had the coronavirus for the past 4 weeks, came back into the office today. He's still coughing and weak, but somehow the doctors told him he was safe to come back to work today... yet he's also going to the doctors today to take another coronavirus test? His fever went down just last week and I just don't see any way how he should have been given the green light to come back.

 

**** has me stressed out. He could be contagious right now and spreading stuff all over the place. So I'm working at my desk with my N95 mask on. He's since left the office thank god, but I am not using the bathroom for nothing now and washing my clothes as soon as I get home.

 

Man, keep your distance, I hope you don't work in close proximity.  That's ****ed up that he's allowed back so quickly, especially when there's so much to be learned about this.   

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

 

Man, keep your distance, I hope you don't work in close proximity.  That's ****ed up that he's allowed back so quickly, especially when there's so much to be learned about this.   

 

Thanks and yea, I’m keeping my distance. As soon as I saw he was there I went back home and got my N95 mask and kept it on at work till after he left for the day. He won’t be back in till we see the results from his latest test. 

 

Whoever his doctor is, he’s nuts. How do you determine the line between having symptoms vs lessened symptoms and when to decide he’s no longer contagious? According to the cdc guidelines he should still be home. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah my wife just got ordered back to work.  She's a nursing home dietitian and the building has two floors with large numbers of covid-positive patients.  The CEO ordered all work-from-home employees back to the buildings because "this isn't going away any time soon." 

 

Some people just don't get it.

  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

What were they doing at games that shared cards that everyone has an opportunity to touch the cards like Hold ‘Em?  I see Blackjack being easier because you don’t touch the cards.

I don't know.  I only play the slots; so I only noticed that the tables had plastic/glass protection, as I walked by.  I didn't pay attention to the details of how they playing the games at the tables.

Edited by Rdskns2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I don't know.  I only play the slots; so I only noticed that the tables had plastic/glass protection, as I walked by.  I didn't pay attention to the details of how they playing the games at the tables.

 

Oh.  Sorry, I didn't realize you only played slots.  Thanks Nancy.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

 

Oh.  Sorry, I didn't realize you only played slots.  Thanks Nancy.

No problemo. I suck at card games like poker and blackjack.

So, it's only slots for me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read an article a few days ago that infected people who still show some symptoms are non-contagious after the first couple of weeks. I can't find it now though. So many different articles and studies have been cranked out over the past three months that it feels like you have to start picking guidelines blindfolded to decide which to follow and believe.


3 months in and there's still no clear info that my cloth mask is for anything but appearances. I can probably find 3 new articles today that reiterate that 'nobody really knows'. Meanwhile, the people who broadcast those articles....

Spoiler


 

 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

No problemo. I suck at card games like poker and blackjack.

So, it's only slots for me.

 

 

You from Florida? I mean you can...count right? Blackjack is the most popular table game because it's relatively easy to learn, and gives you pretty good odds.

 

Casinos make about 85% from slots. They don't call it the one arm bandit for nothing.  Certainly I know that all you do is push a button these days. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

I read an article a few days ago that infected people who still show some symptoms are non-contagious after the first couple of weeks. I can't find it now though. So many different articles and studies have been cranked out over the past three months that it feels like you have to start picking guidelines blindfolded to decide which to follow and believe.


3 months in and there's still no clear info that my cloth mask is for anything but appearances. I can probably find 3 new articles today that reiterate that 'nobody really knows'. Meanwhile, the people who broadcast those articles....

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

 

 

 

 

From what I understand, wearing a (cloth covering style of) mask is at the least semi-effective in cutting down contagious people dispersing the virus in the air.  This is especially important given the asymptomatic contagious people.  
 

Just looked it up and there are a bunch of articles - https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449

 

If the theory that severity of cases relates to how many virus molecules are taken in is true, this would also be a good reason to wear a mask.  
I thought about a tshirt that says, “I’m wearing this mask to protect you, I hope you’ll consider doing the same”, or something of that sort...

Edited by skinny21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SpacEx launch is projected in about an hour. 

Let's get this right. I don't think I can bear it if something goes sideways. 

 

USA! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Might have a few drinks tonight.  

 

Youve been warned...

itYwXPd.jpeg

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

 

You from Florida? I mean you can...count right? Blackjack is the most popular table game because it's relatively easy to learn, and gives you pretty good odds.

 

Casinos make about 85% from slots. They don't call it the one arm bandit for nothing.  Certainly I know that all you do is push a button these days. 

 

Roulette is the way to go (only if the house doesn't have a max bet limit or a relatively high max bet limit). Bet on black, put some money down. Lose? Bet on black again, triple the bet, continue until you win. Granted, you'll need some money to "borrow"...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Might have a few drinks tonight.  

 

Youve been warned...

I'll need a song for the occasion. 😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

SpacEx launch is projected in about an hour. 

Let's get this right. I don't think I can bear it if something goes sideways. 

 

USA! 

 

Launch cancelled due to weather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

 

Launch cancelled due to weather.

I'm actually happy. I want it perfect. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Y’all quit talking about blackjack.  I haven’t played a shoe since October.

 

I will get down on some Roulette too.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I don't know.  I only play the slots; so I only noticed that the tables had plastic/glass protection, as I walked by.  I didn't pay attention to the details of how they playing the games at the tables.

Find a group of people who like to play craps

 

spend the night with them

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Roulette is the way to go (only if the house doesn't have a max bet limit or a relatively high max bet limit). Bet on black, put some money down. Lose? Bet on black again, triple the bet, continue until you win. Granted, you'll need some money to "borrow"...

This strategy works great until it doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have any of you been to Macau? the game of choice is baccarat and I made a **** ton of money just following whatever this Chinese businessman on a heater did after I found my logic didn't work :ols:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Roulette is the way to go (only if the house doesn't have a max bet limit or a relatively high max bet limit). Bet on black, put some money down. Lose? Bet on black again, triple the bet, continue until you win. Granted, you'll need some money to "borrow"...

 

Uh, no. You can't change probability with a betting pattern. This is equivalent to picking up nickels in front of a steam roller.

 

In a good casino, you'll lose at just about everything (except maybe poker if you're good enough to overcome the house cut)... That's why casinos stay in business.

 

That being noted, the games with the best odds are generally blackjack, video poker, and craps. There are even a few video poker machines which have a slight player advantage with optimal play, though these are often monopolized by syndicates. Blackjack can be turned positive too, for as long as you can get away with card counting.

 

And, of course, slots are just change machines that give back .85 for every dollar you put in. 

 

This is a cool site for the math behind casino games:

 

 https://wizardofodds.com/

 

It's run by a professor at UNLV.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

This strategy works great until it doesn't.

"Alright, five billion on black!"

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, techboy said:

 

Uh, no. You can't change probability with a betting pattern. This is equivalent to picking up nickels in front of a steam roller.

 

In a good casino, you'll lose at just about everything (except maybe poker if you're good enough to overcome the house cut)... That's why casinos stay in business.

 

That being noted, the games with the best odds are generally blackjack, video poker, and craps. There are even a few video poker machines which have a slight player advantage with optimal play, though these are often monopolized by syndicates. Blackjack can be turned positive too, for as long as you can get away with card counting.

 

And, of course, slots are just change machines that give back .85 for every dollar you put in. 

 

This is a cool site for the math behind casino games:

 

 https://wizardofodds.com/

 

It's run by a professor at UNLV.

 

You're not changing anything, it has to (statistically) land on black at some point. As long as there is no max bet limit and you have the money to triple your bet after each loss, you will win. Once you win, you start over and repeat the process. I'm not sure if a casino will let you get away with that for too long even if there isn't a max bet limit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.