No Excuses

The Quarantine Thread

25 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

If you are a fan of B-side horror/sci-fi movies like I am (because who doesn't love horrible acting, effects, etc. especially from the 80s-90s), check it out.  Toxic Avenger movies, Class of Nuke'em High, Surf Nazis Must Die, etc.  

Edit:  Looks like there is a mix of Troma films and other b-side horror/sci-fi movies as well.  Either way, solid gold for me.

It's probably been over 30 years since I watched the Toxic Avenger movies.  I may have to check them out again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, China said:

It's probably been over 30 years since I watched the Toxic Avenger movies.  I may have to check them out again.

They never get old imo.  

Posted (edited)

Mickelson just missed a $25M hole in one by 2 feet.  In a legit South Florida torrent...raining buckets.

Edited by TryTheBeal!

Turns out I’m not as bored of the drinking thing as I thought

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, tshile said:

Turns out I’m not as bored of the drinking thing as I thought

Cheers!

*falls down*

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Cooked Crack said:
priests w/ water guns.

I really want to make a crude joke here but some of these Priests may be legitimate good people. 

2 hours ago, China said:

How messed up is it that the adults would set us in front of the the TV and put those movies on? Although, I think the second one is a bit tame compared to the first one.

Posted (edited)

Sweet Pies, ranked.

1) Mixed Berry. Served warm ala mode.
2) Chocolate Silk.
3) Strawberry. In season.
4) Cherry. Served warm ala mode.
5) Key Lime. Preferably in Key West.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 1

I saw a recipe for a strawberry cake today, I'll post it tomorrow because, strawberry cake!

Love chocolate silk pie, well chocolate anything really.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

We made some really tasty massaman beef curry tonight.  It was basically massaman curry and coconut milk, with ground beef, onions, carrots, potatoes, spinach, over some cilantro rice.

We sort of used this recipe, but used premade massaman curry paste that I got online and didn’t add red curry.

http://happyvalleylocavore.blogspot.com/2011/06/massaman-curry-with-ground-beef-and.html?m=1

We also recently made spice cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and a spice cake with pecan coconut frosting (Betty Crocker brand for all of that) and white chocolate macadamia cookies with bits of dried apricot and various types of craisons in them.  All of them turned out surprisingly good. 

Edited by visionary
  • Like 5

Yum!

I am letting the ribs rest with a new dry rub mix I am trying: Chinese Five Spice, and extra onion and garlic powder. Toward the end of cooking, I will add some bbq sauce. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hersh said:

I really want to make a crude joke here but some of these Priests may be legitimate good people. 

jpeg

Do it, Gordon

14 hours ago, Simmsy said:

How messed up is it that the adults would set us in front of the the TV and put those movies on? Although, I think the second one is a bit tame compared to the first one.

Showing my age, but I was in high school, and rented those movies on VHS with my friend.  My parents didn't pick those for me, nor would they have ever watched those movies.

Quandary for High Flyers: How to Travel Safely to Your Yacht

It’s a modern quandary for the ultra-wealthy: a yacht awaits at harbor, but how to safely reach it without risking exposure to the germ-ridden masses?

Global aviation company VistaJet has a solution. Spurred by member demand, clients can reserve a freshly sanitized jet to fly them to a yacht moored in Malta (where, as it happens, VistaJet is based). Lest anyone be worried that the island nation itself is germ-ridden, a press release notes that “The World Health Organization singled out Malta as a role model for other countries in the fight against Covid-19.”

Malta is the only destination for this service, so if your yacht is moored in Antibes or Porto Cervo, you’re out of luck. But if you’re the type of person who’s serious about yachting during a pandemic, then Malta is probably a place you should check out.

In addition to multiple yacht marinas and a mild Mediterranean climate, the country levies zero taxes on income or capital gains earned outside Malta and there’s no estate tax, making it a popular choice for the ultra-rich when it comes to buying a second citizenship. Yes, buying. A Maltese passport can be yours for just 1.2 million euros ($1.3 million) in cash and property.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

Got a two-barrel watergun at Walmart for $10 today.

No one is safe, not even me...

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Had a socially distant neighborhood street party today, the street was even chalked off in six foot sections so families would have their own area.  

The highlight was some food called a fatty-something, I forget the rest of the name.  Cooked bacon and Velveeta layered on top of a layer of chorizo, then rolled up and held together by a bacon lattice.

Let's just say it's a good thing ol Forehead took his statin pills ahead of time.

Edited by Forehead
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Let's just say it's a good thing ol Forehead took his statin pills ahead of time.

Not sure what those do, I'm guessing they keep your heart from turning into bacon grease and leaking out of your body?

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Not sure what those do, I'm guessing they keep your heart from turning into bacon grease and leaking out of your body?

Statins generally regulate your cholesterol levels.  My family has a terrible heart history so these babies are pretty helpful.

Edited by Forehead