Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

42 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

You work where people acquire food and therefore are not subject to potential quarantine?  This does not sound like a grocer I'd like to shop at.

I don’t work directly with the food, I’m just in charge of collecting any shopping carts from the parking lot and taking them to the entrance 😂 very boring job. I doubt the grocery store would send me home from work, unfortunately 😭

I've been eating wildberry Skittles and surfing the internet all day.  I went to the grocery store earlier, it was packed with people scrambling to stockpile goods, so I just bought some Mexican cheese and tortillas to make some quesadillas later.  Will probably watch some Live PD later and drink ginger ale.  Won't leave the house for the next 5 days.  I have a case conceptualization due Monday I will do at some point.

Something to do (Irish whiskey not included):

You can get paid $1,000 to watch Irish films and eat Lucky Charms all day

A US-based company are looking for one lucky person to spend all day watching classic Irish films and eating Lucky Charms-- and they'll pay $1,000 for your trouble.

Career experts Zippia are advertising this job for people who hold a deep love for Irish culture, calling out for "the Irish at heart Americans who LOVE to celebrate St Paddy's Day in the most unique ways possible".

The succesful applicant will get to be "immersed into the Irish culture like never before", and as well as the Lucky Charms, will be gifted with a U2 album of your choice, be given 4 corned beef and cabbage meals and receive a McDonald's gift card for 4 Shamrock Shakes-- so you can bring your friends or you can just be completely gluttonous. Either way, we're not judging.

The job (because it is a job after all, even if it's a dream job) is to write a 1,000 word summary about what you've learned about Irish culture after spending the whole day watching these all-time classics:

-My Left Foot
-The Crying Game
-Far and Away
-Circle of Friends
-Hunger
-The Departed
-Leprechaun
-Waking Ned Devine
-Angela’s Ashes
-The Wind That Shakes The Barley

With most parades being cancelled across the world, mass gatherings restricted and pubs closing their doors, it seems a lot of people might be spending this year's St Patrick's Day indoors anyway, so getting paid for it is just an added bonus.

If you're interested in applying (and let's face it, who wouldn't be?) you can fill out the application here.

Edited by China
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 Things to Do at Home instead of Banging Your Head Against a Wall

Okay, so things have escalated quickly. Whether you’re hunkering down at home or just avoiding crowds for the moment, we’ve been putting our heads together at the MNC HQ to make life a little easier for you. 

Sure you can catch up on a juicy novel and watch Netflix to your heart’s content – but what else? It’s time to get creative and make lemonade…

1. Hold a Séance

2. Collage your Bathroom Wall

3. Invent a ****tail (paging @PleaseBlitz)

Click on the link for more

Unfortunately for me, next week is scheduled to be my busiest week at work in the past few months.  I have more than double the appointments  than I have had in the past six weeks.  This is all occurring while my kids school will be shut down for at least the next week.  I would tell my boss that he is a moron, and that he is being unreasonable... however, I am self employed, and my wife already makes sure that I am aware of those things.

6 hours ago, visionary said:

Also working on my homebrew D&D campaign that I've been running with my family.  

I tried to do a party/campaign with my family a few months ago.   It was pretty cool, but it was kind of hard with only three players (and my youngest being a 12 year old with downs syndrome).  But, this is the perfect time to try it again, as we told our kids they can't have any sleepovers during the school shutdown.  Plus my 14 year old enjoyed it, and she usually doesn't want to do anything with the family.

• Like 1

I had been feeling flushed since yesterday comes and goes... but no themometer... today, i realized i had a digital multimeter with a temperature sensor (thermocouple).... 

this evening i took my temperature and i was dead nuts at 98.7... i was feeling a bit flushed today so i retook a few minutes ago. 99.5 feel fine otherwise. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1

Get a copy of My 60 Memorable Games by Bobby Fischer and learn the beauty of chess.

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Just burned through 1/5 of my booze reserves. That escalated quickly. 

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Like 1

Outlander ( WWII army nurse finds herself hurled 2 centuries into the past) is good, but my god is it a chick/couples series. Been taking it in small doses lately. I've also picked Supernatural (cool sort of X Files-y show about this pair of monster/demon hunting brothers) back up. Definitely more my speed. 

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Decided to put studying for Security+ on hold for a bit.... :806:

Bought several giant bags of Haribo gummy bears and a bota box of red wine.

Gonna fire up some Modern Warfare and pwn some noobz

I thought this was going somewhere completely different involving you wanting to **** your guts out

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/michaelrusch/haribo-gummy-bear-reviews-on-amazon-are-the-most-insane-thin

• Haha 2

I'm pretty well prepared. Social Security appeared on the 26th, went to Costco and got TP, good for about 5-6 months since it's only me. Got some other stuff there, then off to the grocery store. My daughter's bringing some staples like eggs and bread. 

I plan on watching TCM movies that I recorded on Hulu, plus some programs/movies on Prime. 

I'm pretty much introverted anyway so avoiding crowds isn't hard. I do worry about my daughter, she's management at her grocery store and will have to fill in if staff gets sick. She's 42 and healthy so hopefully she survives. 

I worry about what will happen to Dancer if I get sick or die. I am pretty healthy, so should be okay. 

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 5

I have a **** ton of movies to catch up with,way too many things to build around this street inspected house,and could easily go out and get the latest and greatest video games. Will I? Probably not. I'll play the same damn RTS game I've been playing for 22 years now. Warzone 2100. Sigh. WTF over?  ;) 

• Like 2

I have an Acorn TV subscription in Amazon Prime and it's got a lot of good, slightly offbeat Commonwealth television available, as well as some classics.  I like Murder Mysteries and detective procedurals.  If you do too, then I recommend Brokenwood Mysteries.  It's a charming, unassuming Kiwi series about a rural town murder detective who likes country music.  It's got a very theatrical soul that is honest and fun.

Great soundtrack too.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I have an Acorn TV subscription in Amazon Prime and it's got a lot of good, slightly offbeat Commonwealth television available, as well as some classics.  I like Murder Mysteries and detective procedurals.  If you do too, then I recommend Brokenwood Mysteries.  It's a charming, unassuming Kiwi series about a rural town murder detective who likes country music.  It's got a very theatrical soul that is honest and fun.

Great soundtrack too.

Murdoch Mysteries and Midsommer Murders (also on Acorn) are good too., though Midsommer is a bit slower-paced.  Shetlands on Britbox is a great one as well.  My parents also like Vera (Britbox as well), though I've never seen it.  And they've been watching a ton of City Homicide lately on Amazon Prime.

Tonight I've been going through a youtube/twitch series where some people are playing a spooky role-playing game as kids in a creepy orphanage set in a small seaside town.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NqLNAMHlF8

• Like 2

I’m going to build either a canoe or a still.  Or both wth.  

Probably should build the canoe before the still though.

taxes, still need to do those

Try to learn more about crypto/stock market.  

can’t post up on the couch

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Like 1