Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trades you would like to see?

NastyGuice97

With Free Agency approaching what trades would you like to see?   

We have trade assets: Williams, Kerrigan, and Dunbar

Do you want to pay 11 million/yr for TE when we could potentially trade for a TE like Howard, Hurst, Njoku on a rookie contract? 

What draft capital is realistic for Williams and how do we replace someone like Williams or Dunbar if we trade them? 

Does Williams for Diggs make sense? Probably not for the Vikings with Diggs contract? 

Trading Williams and Kerrigan create another 24mil in cap space, how do we spend it? 

Do we lock up some of our own? 

welllll...seeings how we're paying the players..I'll go $15.00 for a te... it's all I've got left on my venmo card...taxes are gone so forget diggs..we'll just have to see what we can do out of my next check I guess. I've never thought about being concerned about how the Redskins spend there money..I choose for them to be my favorite team and I cheer them on each season....REGARDLESS 

Trade for no one, trading picks for players is what you do when you are close, which we arent.  Instead, trade some of the older players and grab draft picks.  I think at this point its clear Williams wants to go, so trade him.  Dunbar however is still on a cheap deal, hes worth keeping and unless you are getting a 1st(which you arent) you are going to get a 3rd round comp pick anyway if he leaves in a year or two.  Kerrigan I am torn on, on one hand I like the idea of not holding onto older players, getting picks and saving cap space, but on the other hes only 31, and I feel like the next 1-2 years he could really teach our future edge rushers his crazy work ethic.  Combined with their talent that leadership could help them really achieve.  I think it would just depend on the offer, if any.  I think about the only players I would trade for would be one of Williams, Dunbar, Kerrigan for a younger player who is already successful, but would function like a good cheaper draft pick for a couple years at least.

Trade for picks.  Also, we don't have to use up all that cap space.  Save some of it for the future.  WE will need the space to sign some of our young players as they get closer to their free agency years.  If we can sign some of our young players early, to long term contracts; that would be great.

Trade for picks.  But they don't have to be this year's picks.  It may be hard getting quality return this close to the draft.  I'm ok getting a better pick in 2021 than a lesser one in 2020.  I don't believe we have a super bowl team this year so next year they should be very valuable to us.  Especially if Haskins doesn't show he should be the guy going forward and we need to make a move to get our guy.

2 hours ago, Lovi said:

Trade for picks.  But they don't have to be this year's picks.  It may be hard getting quality return this close to the draft.  I'm ok getting a better pick in 2021 than a lesser one in 2020.  I don't believe we have a super bowl team this year so next year they should be very valuable to us.  Especially if Haskins doesn't show he should be the guy going forward and we need to make a move to get our guy.

Trading for this years picks is a dreadful idea imo, trading for 2021 picks is the way to go. Buy low, sell high, keep it simple. Draft picks sky rocket in perceived value as the draft nears, its too late to make a +ev move for 2020 picks. 

I'd like to see Tim Settle go on the market.  I don't know what we could get but I feel like he could be a starting NT for someone still in the 3-4 and with us able mto keep Brantley or Hester as our 4th DT we could afford to give him up

I thought we gave TW permission to seek a trade so he would be the first I would let go but for draft picks preferably, and replace him in the draft. If you do not care what the league thinks about our #2 draft pick situation I would trade RK while he still has some worth. That would be telling everyone we are taking CY imo. I am wanting the Skins to start thinking like the Pats and that means when a guy gets older and expensive, trade him, that is if you can replace him with a younger guy, prefrebly already on the team or with a draft pick. I want young healthy, hungry guys instead of older going through the motion guys that are the walking wounded.

53 minutes ago, carex said:

I'd like to see Tim Settle go on the market.  I don't know what we could get but I feel like he could be a starting NT for someone still in the 3-4 and with us able mto keep Brantley or Hester as our 4th DT we could afford to give him up

Personally, I’d rather let Allen walk and have Settle for a fraction of the cost.

3 hours ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

You really think Settle is better than Allen? Now that you think of it Allen probably has some trade value.

Not sure, I haven’t seen enough of Settle to make that claim.  But I have seen enough of Allen to determine he’s not worth the big contract he will be looking for due to his draft status.

4 hours ago, mojo said:

Not sure, I haven’t seen enough of Settle to make that claim.  But I have seen enough of Allen to determine he’s not worth the big contract he will be looking for due to his draft status.

Glad you said that as a few times in the season I was thinking that to me Allen has not been the player I thought he would be and not worthy of the rating of the best defensive lineman in that years draft. The guard from the Nats seemed to dominate him at times. Yes I would be open to a trade but I still would like to see what our new D coordinator will do with him first.

2 hours ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

Trade I'd like to see:

Trade Trent for a 2nd rounder or better, the sooner the better

I would be flabbergasted if we could get a high #2 for TW. Suspended for pot use. Often injured last few years. Wants top dollar. Getting up in age. Pain in the ass complaints. Yes he WAS good but he did not play last year. A team could get a OT in this years draft with a #2 and have 5 years of less money and problems. 

On 3/13/2020 at 9:15 PM, 50yrSKINSfan said:

I would be flabbergasted if we could get a high #2 for TW. Suspended for pot use. Often injured last few years. Wants top dollar. Getting up in age. Pain in the ass complaints. Yes he WAS good but he did not play last year. A team could get a OT in this years draft with a #2 and have 5 years of less money and problems. 

All valid points, however one could argue that a year off from playing would be just the thing for a guy like Trent...

I do not personally think we should be trading any of our recent higher draft picks on defense until we have given this new coaching staff on defense at least one season.  This team has not had a legitimate coaching staff on defense for a number of years.  I am not naive enough to assume just because JDR will be leading our defense that we will be dominant on defense but he does have a good track record so there is hope and optimism.

On 3/14/2020 at 3:26 PM, ggarriso said:

why allen?

Odd man out in the switch to the 4-3. He's a good player, but I think Payne and Ioannidis will be the starters. Allen off the bench is nice, but Allen for a starter at FS/TE would be better.

Archived