Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How will the Redskins handle the Corona problem?

Lovi

On 6/8/2020 at 2:19 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

I'm sure they'll just need to utilize other space. The teams are owned by billionaires, shouldn't be tough to get a contractor in and get it done.

It's all just to cover their asses anyways, perception-wise, because these guys are gonna be huffing and puffing all over each other out on the field in close proximity. 

But they want to be seen as enforcing strict guidelines, obviously.

Exactly. Social distancing and football is not going to work. All they can do is test the players and quarantine the ones that test positive. 

On 6/8/2020 at 1:55 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

NFL sent out a memo to all 32 teams today about guidelines to get players back to facilities. Teams have to have a reconstructed locker room so lockers are 6 feet apart. How’s that going to work when there are 90 players on the team for training camp/preseason?? 

So, they'll be hugging each other on every single play, but they have to be 6 feet apart in the locker room ?

My optimism for the NFL season happening is starting to fade. It's becoming more and more clear we have no handle on this as a country. So messed up. Already, college athletes are testing positive in bunches. 

Hope I'm wrong. Often am.

10 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So, they'll be hugging each other on every single play, but they have to be 6 feet apart in the locker room ?

They should probably just go ahead and cancel this bad boy, and not drag ass into Fall, making this worse. But they won't .

2020 doesn't look good. Seems like the best we can do is keep everyone safe and on ice, and try to come back full force in 2021.

On 6/8/2020 at 6:55 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

How’s that going to work when there are 90 players on the team for training camp/preseason?? 

Yep, that’s a major issue.

Lots of pro sports over here are gradually starting up/preparing to, but you are likely looking at being able to run with squads/groups of say 20/25 players. That is far easier to manage and operate within certain restrictions. 

Multiply those numbers by 4 for NFL camp numbers, or even 2 or 3 for in season rosters and that seems beyond the realms of possibility right now. 

And if you start seeing the occasional positive case appearing the whole job is screwed very quickly, sadly.

Ok I'm sorry but I have to go off on this...HOW AND THE **** ARE PEOPLE STILL GETTING COVID 19?...a player from the Broncos..and a few other players in the nfl...HOW!!!!...its so ****ing stupid how people are still getting this...ummmmm stay the **** out of crowds...dont get face to face with people..I just don't understand how people are still getting this..such ****ing idiots I swear.

I don't see anyway that fans will be attending games this year if they are played. At the rate that various teams around NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA etc are having players being affected by COVID-19 there may not be any games played at all. If they are played, once someone becomes infected all staff will need to be quarantined I believe 

We have failed as a nation. So embarrassing. The power of magical thinking doesn't seem to stop Covid from spreading -- who knew?

NBA getting canceled was the first wake-up call for a ton of people. Then they went back to sleep.

Football getting canceled could be the next.

The NFL media isn't talking about it because without it, they have nothing to write about and in some cases, no income.

I mean, I want football to watch so bad too. But the logistics of it... they seem impossible right now. I'll give Fauci points for honesty.

Archived