Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How will the Redskins handle the Corona problem?

With the NBA suspending the season, and many entertainment gatherings being cancelled, how will the Redskins handle these problems?  I know the season is a ways off and the worry could be considerably less by then, but we've heard nothing from the NFL on the stance they are taking.  Will the draft be affected?  Will Free Agency be affected?  Pro Days?  OTA?  So many things coming up.  This is a graveyard time for sports for me so it would really stink if things got postponed and delayed.  But curious everyone's thoughts on the matter.

Edited by Lovi

I believe there's a thread for this in the tailgate...just a guess.

19 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I can't believe this is the first such joke I've heard throughout all of this.  

My wife brought up she thinks Corona sales are down and my good friend said nope opposite there up actually lol

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I believe there's a thread for this in the tailgate...just a guess.

My wife brought up she thinks Corona sales are down and my good friend said nope opposite there up actually lol

Yeah I was talking to someone about that. It actually put Corona beer in my thoughts, I usually only drink it during the summer but I'm considering it now.  But then again what brand wants to be the name of a deadly virus?  

The NFL will probably be proactive and postpone it's season until September. They'll probably do some preseason games in August to give the players time to earn their roster spots. Closed practices before that. As for the draft and free agency, the NFL will probably be forced to go the route of having the teams contact the players they want by phone.

Seriously, the NFL at this point doesn't have to really do much of anything. The only big change they'd make is keeping fans from attending the draft live, but they'll still probably televise it, and might even get some players to go sit in the building and enjoy some catering, maybe some live music beforehand even with no audience to yell at them. Workouts start in April, but those are a month away and will be closed to the public anyway. That will give them a month to see what happens before they need to decide on cutting practices or anything like that.

The XFL is what I'm concerned about. XFL needed every attendee and audience it can get. Now they're going to have to decide whether to keep things as is, stop fans from attending, or suspend the league until later. For their first season, they really got super unlucky.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

The XFL is what I'm concerned about. XFL needed every attendee and audience it can get. Now they're going to have to decide whether to keep things as is, stop fans from attending, or suspend the league until later. For their first season, they really got super unlucky.

Good point.  I wasn't even thinking about the XFL.  What a crappy card they got dealt.  I think it's a great product as well.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

It will definitely affect the ES tailgate.  

You in wait and see mode, @pez and @Huly question, or let the eventual ban handle that? I'm in a different demographic then you, so I get whatever concern you havent touched on yet, I want to come, but expect to be told I cant at this rate.

I'm perfectly fine with a Redskins coronavirus thread (as long as it stays specific to the redskins, or move to ATN) as I dont believe I've seen an official statement from the NFL yet. Likely because it's the offseason.

We havent seen whether this is going to spike or gradually level out, the later will definetly overlap with preseason at this rate. Until stated otherwise, the whole world is going to be hitting the pause button for 2020, Redskins will be no exception.

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Dan Snyder just released statement ... banning all travel for scouts/staff .. first NFL team to do so

Frustrating, but probably the right move. I do think the best data is probably game tape anyway.

Jeez it's refreshing to see us on the good side of PR for a change.  This is a smart move at least for the time being.  Scouts will have to for now rely on what they have seen already and what's on tape.  I prefer them to judge based on tape anyway.