Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How will the Redskins handle the Corona problem?

Lovi

On 3/19/2020 at 5:20 PM, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Not making a joke or light of the situation the world is in but I'll say it. If i was a professional athlete the last team id want to play for right now would be the Redskins because of our track record of injuries and medical related decision making. 

Yeah but the stands are almost empty so less risk of community spread.

But seriously, I hope this doesn’t get too bad. My girlfriend is pregnant with twins, we’re getting married next month, and her dad just got me a job at this bank he works for. So basically, I have nothing to look forward to for the next 18+ years except football. I’ll be so pissed if the season gets cancelled.

I know we're going through tough times right now and I fortunately don't have a family member or a friend who is struggling with this virus thoughts and prayers to those who do though...

Right now we're in tough times and anything basically to take the distraction off of what's going on is helpful so I just wanted to give my two cents on trying to stay healthy and be safe...

Smoke lots of reefer.. eat red meat keep your nose hairs long.. and breathe through your nose... wash your hands with hot water.... thank God there has not been any cases reported in the county I live in and there's been several thousand tests

..... stay safe and healthy folks and hail on

45 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I know we're going through tough times right now and I fortunately don't have a family member or a friend who is struggling with this virus thoughts and prayers to those who do though...

Right now we're in tough times and anything basically to take the distraction off of what's going on is helpful so I just wanted to give my two cents on trying to stay healthy and be safe...

Smoke lots of reefer.. eat red meat keep your nose hairs long.. and breathe through your nose... wash your hands with hot water.... thank God there has not been any cases reported in the county I live in and there's been several thousand tests

..... stay safe and healthy folks and hail on

Warm or cold water. It doesn't matter. Just as long as you wash them often.

The way you contract the virus is by getting it on your hands and touching your face. If you wash/sanitize your hands often, being conscious of not touching your face and are not in close proximity with someone whose infected, you'll be safe.

This virus is a bit of a ****. It dies easily once you apply a sanitizer.

I'm from New York and things are getting pretty crazy here. Hospitals starting to be overwhelmed. Refrigerated trailers being brought in by hospitals to store those that have died. We are just starting to see it ramp up.

Keep listening to what health professionals tell you to do. Your County will see it soon enough. It's inevitable. But you guys will be okay.

• Stay at home as much as you can

• Wash/sanitize your hands often

• Dont be in close proximity with someone who might be infected for a prolonged period of time.

• Dont touch your face. Be concious of it.

Be safe and healthy...

Hail together!!!

I found myself thinking about worst-case scenarios and just how long this thing could last.  What if we can't get this under control over the next few months and the entire NFL and College seasons get cancelled?

In that case, do college players accrue another year of eligibility?  Are the players who were eligible to enter the 2021 Draft still able to do so?  If no NFL season, how will the draft order be chosen?  Do the Skins end up with #2 overall pick again? 

I realize we don't have any answers to these questions yet... but it's food for thought in these crazy times.

• 2 months later...

The league declares teams can only hold TC at their own team facilities, and not transplant it.

This will really limit the number of fields to work with, or work on.

But...I'm just glad that they can have TC at all, and have it on time.

There will be no "fan experience" at TC. Will that translate into a more focused TC for players ?

On 6/2/2020 at 11:35 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

The league declares teams can only hold TC at their own team facilities, and not transplant it.

This will really limit the number of fields to work with, or work on.

But...I'm just glad that they can have TC at all, and have it on time.

There will be no "fan experience" at TC. Will that translate into a more focused TC for players ?

I've long thought the usefulness of going away to training camp has long since evaporated.  Half the league already doesn't do it anymore. 

And if the issue is room to work with, we're overdue for a new team facility anyway.  Besides, they managed training camps at the park before it was fine.

This is all pretty much settled. The season will commence as scheduled one way or another. Only question is whether fans are live humans, blow up dolls, computer generated, or non existent. TV is the big kahuna anyway and viewership will be through the roof. NFL is the elephant in the room. Baseball and NBA have a lot to worry about. Teams like the Redskins with new coaching and inexperienced players are at a disadvantage. Look for Allen to start the opener only because of familiarity with Rivera. Haskins needs the OTAs and a full camp more than Allen.

2 hours ago, Smurf3 said:

This is all pretty much settled. The season will commence as scheduled one way or another. Only question is whether fans are live humans, blow up dolls, computer generated, or non existent. TV is the big kahuna anyway and viewership will be through the roof. NFL is the elephant in the room. Baseball and NBA have a lot to worry about. Teams like the Redskins with new coaching and inexperienced players are at a disadvantage. Look for Allen to start the opener only because of familiarity with Rivera. Haskins needs the OTAs and a full camp more than Allen.

I don't see any benefit of starting Allen unless Haskins looks completely and utterly lost in TC and preseason or gets injured. I doubt that the Skins see Allen as their potential franchise QB...the guy is decent but super inconsistent and has limited tools. Haskins is a 1st round pick who showed lots of improvement at the end of last season, and all indications seem to point to Rivera liking him and how he's conducted himself this offseason.

I think they brought Allen in since he knows the system and can be a quality backup to Haskins if he does well, or to be a placeholder QB if Haskins completely busts while they look to probably draft another guy in the 1st. 

NFL sent out a memo to all 32 teams today about guidelines to get players back to facilities. Teams have to have a reconstructed locker room so lockers are 6 feet apart. How’s that going to work when there are 90 players on the team for training camp/preseason?? 

25 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

NFL sent out a memo to all 32 teams today about guidelines to get players back to facilities. Teams have to have a reconstructed locker room so lockers are 6 feet apart. How’s that going to work when there are 90 players on the team for training camp/preseason?? 

I'm sure they'll just need to utilize other space. The teams are owned by billionaires, shouldn't be tough to get a contractor in and get it done.

It's all just to cover their asses anyways, perception-wise, because these guys are gonna be huffing and puffing all over each other out on the field in close proximity. 

But they want to be seen as enforcing strict guidelines, obviously.

So my guess is is everything happens on time..training camps and pre season...other than the packers and maybe the cowpukes like any other pre season I expect to see stadiums empty...same goes with regular season..only stadium I see close to being filled is Lambo

31 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

So my guess is is everything happens on time..training camps and pre season...other than the packers and maybe the cowpukes like any other pre season I expect to see stadiums empty...same goes with regular season..only stadium I see close to being filled is Lambo

Empty as in, not too many fans there, or empty as in zero fans at any stadium? 

54 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Empty as in, not too many fans there, or empty as in zero fans at any stadium? 

Not 0 fans..especially when the regular season starts I think there will be fans but no where near as many...alot of the stadiums that are more than half empty will be only maybe 1/4 full..I think as the season progresses more fans will start to attend.

57 minutes ago, wrecker said:

The one thing I don't understand is what happens if a player on the team has symptoms and tests positive during the season?

Does the whole team need to self quarantine and forfeit games?

They'll be testing individual players constantly and quarantining the ones who test positive, so if more and more continue to test positive I guess that's a possibility. But no I don't think a positive test within the organization immediately leads to group quarantine, they'll test everyone constantly and take it on a case by case basis.

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

They'll be testing individual players constantly and quarantining the ones who test positive, so if more and more continue to test positive I guess that's a possibility. But no I don't think a positive test within the organization immediately leads to group quarantine, they'll test everyone constantly and take it on a case by case basis.

That sounds good in theory, but I just have a bad feeling that sometime during the season cases will start spiking and they will have to shut it down. What if it only happens to one team or a few teams? Will they have to forfeit games while the rest of the teams keep playing? I just see a lot that can go wrong with this. I don't think this virus is just going to fizzle out by September.

I really hope I am wrong.

Archived