Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tua Tagovailoa doesn't understand Rule 8 & needs to fix this

wtfskins

2 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

I find it more funny that people are actually questioning the idea that Doofus Dan would interfere in any way.

It's a non story,

McShay doesn't have a clue what he's talking about, I saw what he said and he didn't back it up with any specific data or sources he just said that's what's happening because its always been that way with our owner. 

There's no way in hell Ron took the job without discussing Haskins and what he could do at QB if he became the coach.

He took the job so whatever those conversations were he was ok with it so it's a non issue.

Just another national reporter running their mouth.

4 minutes ago, Lovi said:

I think that it's been long enough to determine that Tua indeed does not understand Rule #8 nor does he plan on correcting it.

Although I'm sure the mods appreciate member input with respect to notification of possible violations I think they are perfectly capable of making any post-notification decision on their own.

1 minute ago, SumTingWong said:

Although I'm sure the mods appreciate member input with respect to notification of possible violations I think they are perfectly capable of making any post-notification decision on their own.

Very aware.  I'm not at all one to call people out, just meant it as a joke.  Mods do a good job of policing the page and I'm not trying to give input at all.

On 3/3/2020 at 7:27 AM, volsmet said:

We have no OL, 1 WR, & no TE’s. The tear down is complete. 

Hopefully free agency will address some of this before draft day.  If not, trading down (only for a haul) may actually be a viable alternative no matter how badly the Redskins want Chase Young.  I don't believe anyone will offer a haul for Tua and I don't believe the Redskins have any interest in drafting Tua.  With that being the case and on the subject of questionable threads:  Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State!!!😉

1 hour ago, Lovi said:

Very aware.  I'm not at all one to call people out, just meant it as a joke.  Mods do a good job of policing the page and I'm not trying to give input at all.

Cool, no problem.

It’s sometimes difficult to interpret humor and intent on the net vs face to face.  So much of our communication is dependent on observing non-verbal cues of the speaker as well as speech tone, tempo and inflection which are completely unavailable to a reader.

1 hour ago, Veretax said:

Drafting Tua would mean remaking a lot of the offense I think.   It means we aren't really ready to compete.  I think they are closer or think they are closer than that.

Agreed. This is a subtle point easily overlooked by most of us.

In addition to the general differences in their games, Tua is a left handed quarterback.

As a result Everything in the passing game is reversed.  The ball spins in the opposite direction when receivers catch it. Morgan Moses becomes the most critical player on the line as the blindside protector (heaven help us). It would make even less sense to pay big bucks to Trent unless he can, and is willing to, play RT at a pro bowl level. Rollouts to the left are more natural for a left handed thrower (as far as resetting footwork before throwing) vs the opposite for a righty. Even handoffs and RPOs, a staple of this offense, are performed differently. And so on and so forth.

On the other hand if you were to make such a change doing it in year one of instituting an offense is the best time to do it.

4 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Did Shanahan think it was a "non-issue"?

Let's find out:

Apparently Mike disagrees.

History is on your side when it comes to Dan screwing things up but do you think Ron took this job without establishing what he could or couldn't do with Haskins?

It's really hard for me to believe those conversations didn't take place since Ron knew we had the 2nd pick, he watched plenty of film on Haskins, and there is a multitude of QB options available to him in the draft.

It just doesn't make sense unless Ron is an idiot which goes against everything everyone has said about him.

I expect the meddling to be further down the road, maybe a year or two into his tenure if things aren't going well.

On 3/2/2020 at 11:07 PM, wtfskins said:

You see idk either.  I mean we have Kerrigan, Anderson, Payne, Allen, and Ionnadis.  Tell me why we need Chase Young.  Convince me I’m all ears and to want to be convinced.  But ask yourself this would you rather have Drew Brees or Khalil Mack?  

I'd take a healthy Mack over a Brees who's had 4 surgeries for injuries before he's even stepped foot on an NFL field. If you watch Tua's injuries they're mostly on relatively routine tackles. It's not like they were all insane bone crunching or illegal hits. i loved watching Tua play and I think he could potentially be very special if he weren't so injury prone. But the fact of the matter is he is. I just don't think his body is going to be able to consistently withstand the punishment of the NFL. What's the purpose of having a guy with tons of potential if he can't stay on the field? 

And yes, we  have Kerrigan, Anderson, Payne, Allen, and Ioan. And none of them are on the level of game changing talent that Chase Young is. The 49ers had Armstead, Thomas, Mitchell, and Buckner, three of whom were 1st round picks. So why would they draft Nick Bosa #2 overall? Because the dude is a game wrecker who instantly helped transform their entire defense because he had to be accounted for on every down which freed up the other guys. It's no coincidence that Armstead went from never having more than 3 sacks over a 4 year period to suddenly having 10 in 2019. 

IMO that's the kind of game wrecking impact player we really need on our defense to take it from "ok" to potentially dominant. 

On 3/4/2020 at 4:40 PM, Koolblue13 said:

I am absolutely shocked that a football team owner would have an opinion and the nerve to voice it. Who does he think he is?

Yeah man!  I mean, why do we even have a personal department, and scouts, football people?  I mean, he could do it all right?  He does have that 20 year track record of success to back him up!

This situation really is amazing, but not surprising -- and it didn't need to be this way.

Last year at this time it was pretty clear that Gruden was on the hottest seat of any NFL coach going into the 2019/2020 season.  He had to win to retain his job.  But Dan just had to have him.  He just had to pick a QB in the first round,..because, that's always the formula for success for a lame-duck coach and a talent depleted team.

So, now here they are -- Darth Maul is gone, new HC, etc, but still no real GM (whatever right?) and talk of drafting Tua.  I mean, I get it, new coach wants his own guy right?  Makes perfect sense.  And poor Dwayne just moping on Twitter.  Oh!  And Dan is reportedly "not gonna let this happen".  Ha -- it's as classic as it gets.

Now, of course this could all be BS and the traditional smoke screen to potentially draw offers for that #2 pick.  There is a part of me that would love to see the Haskins pick blow up in Dan's face, but for some reason I'm still more of a fan of the team than a hater of Dan (but not by much at this point).  So, with that said I'd like to see them stick with Haskins, build around him and really see what they've got and just pick the almost sure thing at #2.  If in an alternate universe they'd have done the right thing last year and not pick Haskins considering their situation at the time, I'd be all in for Tua. 

3 hours ago, Probos said:

Yeah man!  I mean, why do we even have a personal department, and scouts, football people?  I mean, he could do it all right?  He does have that 20 year track record of success to back him up!

Exactly, because someone having an opinion about something is definitely reason to over react. What's the guy, a fan too?

27 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Exactly, because someone having an opinion about something is definitely reason to over react. What's the guy, a fan too?

Not over reacting at all.  Simply sharing an opinion that happens to be backed up by 20 years of facts.  The numbers don't lie - 142-193-1

Oh, I know he is,...and fans are always known for their measured and reasonable decision making.

Many are all in on Chase. Not me and here is why... last year we picked Haskins round 1. Then we moved up in the draft to late first round to draft a defensive player. I view that pick as the defensive player for this year. So if he's taking our 2nd round spot then the 1st rounder should be an offensive player.  Some will say we don't alternate offense/defense I get it. I am also aware on paper this defense should be unstoppable with all the past picks we've taken. We really need CB or S. 

But I'm not sold on Haskins. There are things he does nice and things he does not. It could be simply be because of his rookie year. 

I personally would try to slide back in the draft for more picks, hopefully not to far and I'd take QB Justin Hurbert.  He's taller, seems to have accuracy, and is a fast runner. Then I'd have 2 young QBs for the future and make them compete to start. Hopefully we would get a second rounder as well to move back plus another for Trent and I would draft a WR and a LT.

31 minutes ago, VRIEL1 said:

Many are all in on Chase. Not me and here is why... last year we picked Haskins round 1. Then we moved up in the draft to late first round to draft a defensive player. I view that pick as the defensive player for this year. So if he's taking our 2nd round spot then the 1st rounder should be an offensive player.  Some will say we don't alternate offense/defense I get it. I am also aware on paper this defense should be unstoppable with all the past picks we've taken. We really need CB or S. 

But I'm not sold on Haskins. There are things he does nice and things he does not. It could be simply be because of his rookie year. 

I personally would try to slide back in the draft for more picks, hopefully not to far and I'd take QB Justin Hurbert.  He's taller, seems to have accuracy, and is a fast runner. Then I'd have 2 young QBs for the future and make them compete to start. Hopefully we would get a second rounder as well to move back plus another for Trent and I would draft a WR and a LT.

Montez Sweat is a nice prospect. Chase Young is a game changer.

You don't pass up a Rolls Royce because you own a Toyota.

On 3/4/2020 at 6:42 PM, JSSkinz said:

It's a non story,

McShay doesn't have a clue what he's talking about, I saw what he said and he didn't back it up with any specific data or sources he just said that's what's happening because its always been that way with our owner. 

There's no way in hell Ron took the job without discussing Haskins and what he could do at QB if he became the coach.

He took the job so whatever those conversations were he was ok with it so it's a non issue.

Just another national reporter running their mouth.

Your sources, on the other hand, are?

Archived