Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVE-Jordan Reed Released

On 8/4/2020 at 9:21 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

And personally I see Logan Thomas starting for us, he's got poor man's Darren Waller type upside imo.

I hope your optimism is accurate.

But this is a journeyman who's played for 6 teams in 6 years - averaging 6 catches per season.

What do you see, to believe he's going to take his first huge leap, in his 7th year ?

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I hope your optimism is accurate.

But this is a journeyman who's played for 6 teams in 6 years - averaging 6 catches per season.

What do you see, to believe he's going to take his first huge leap, in his 7th year ?

Opportunity, lack of competition, a coaching staff that hand-picked him for his world class TE attributes and the brief flashes he’s shown. Time spent learning how to work and practice in this league that Moss doesn’t have yet. 

It’s a long shot but he’s set up to have the light turn on. It’s been known to (rarely) happen—Waller (though he took a while due to drug issues) is one, Gary Barnidge randomly had one good season near 30. I had listed a couple other examples earlier in the off-season that I can’t remember right now. 

• Like 1
On 8/5/2020 at 2:21 AM, ConnSKINS26 said:

And personally I see Logan Thomas starting for us, he's got poor man's Darren Waller type upside imo.

I think Richard Rodgers gets the job initially. Rivera talked him up a fair bit when we picked him up. Got to stay healthy. If so, I think he’ll start.

Funny, they have a totally different person, pictured on Richard Rodgers' profile.

I'm trying to figure out who that really is - kind of looks like Randy Jordan.

But he's wearing a Panther shirt, so it must be one of the Panther coaches we hired

https://www.nfl.com/players/richard-rodgers/stats/career

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
15 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Funny, they have a totally different person, pictured on Richard Rodgers' profile.

I'm trying to figure out who that really is - kind of looks like Randy Jordan.

But he's wearing a Panther shirt, so it must be one of the Panther coaches we hired

https://www.nfl.com/players/richard-rodgers/stats/career

guessing that’ll be his father who is a coach on the team. Was with Rivera in CAR.

Edited by UK SKINS FAN 74
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

It was tough to watch him on Red Zone yesterday catch two touchdowns.  We paid him well while his last two years were a total bust and now the 49ers take advantage of getting him now.  He was probably read for a new start just like our old left tackle who is on the 49ers now.  I wish he had retired for preserving his health.  Now on the radio some people think we should let Brandon Scherf go next year.  Skins management the last few years made the wrong contract decisions and then later it comes to bite us later.  I like Kyle Smith and I hope we keep him because he has made some good draft picks.

• Like 2

He had a great day.

I absolutely love Jordan Reed. Extraordinary talent. At one point he was arguably the second best receiving TE in football behind Gronk. He almost single handedly won me a fantasy football championship  a few years back.

However, if I owned, general managed, or coached, an NFL team I couldn’t in good conscience have him on my roster. With what we now know about the long term effects of multiple concussions I feel it would be unethical to do so.

He has the absolute right to choose the risks he takes with his life. I hope he never has another incident. 

It’s just a potential tragedy that I want no part of.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 5

How much is he asked to do there? If he's playing catch, I can see it working out, but here, hed be asked to block, and bang with bigger defensive players, and run tough routes. He wouldn't last very long.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
4 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

It was tough to watch him on Red Zone yesterday catch two touchdowns.  We paid him well while his last two years were a total bust and now the 49ers take advantage of getting him now.  He was probably read for a new start just like our old left tackle who is on the 49ers now.  I wish he had retired for preserving his health.  Now on the radio some people think we should let Brandon Scherf go next year.  Skins management the last few years made the wrong contract decisions and then later it comes to bite us later.  I like Kyle Smith and I hope we keep him because he has made some good draft picks.

The problem isn’t that we let these guys go, it’s that we let them go when it is too late to trade them. RG3, Kirk, Trent, Reed, Thompson all had value and that is when we should have traded them. Kirk and Trent could have gotten us first round picks. RG3, Reed and Thompson could have netted us 4-7th round picks. That is the problem with this management. Should have already traded Brandon.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

How much is he asked to do there? If he's playing catch, I can see it working out, but here, hed be a ssd led to block, and bang with bigger defensive players, and run tough routes. He wouldn't last very long.

Sinister the last time he played here he got tackled making a catch. Not even a particularly hard hit iirc and he was out like a light.

At this point his brain has an off switch on a hair trigger that can gi off with contact at any time.

Noone is denying Reed's ability. When healthy he can ball. But its a huge risk to rely on him to be healthy. The 9ers have the luxury of letting him be a backup behind Kittle(though Kittle might miss some time now himself).

• Like 2
2 hours ago, dyst said:

The problem isn’t that we let these guys go, it’s that we let them go when it is too late to trade them. RG3, Kirk, Trent, Reed, Thompson all had value and that is when we should have traded them. Kirk and Trent could have gotten us first round picks. RG3, Reed and Thompson could have netted us 4-7th round picks. That is the problem with this management. Should have already traded Brandon.

there's almost 1700 main roster spots in the NFL.  Player trades in the NFL are rare

https://nfltraderumors.co/list-of-2019-nfl-trades/

I count sixty-five.  And it looks like some of them are the equivalent of us trading Doug Dutch for John Beck

14 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

Guice, AP, Kirk and now Reed threads bumped in the Stadium.....

you all are like a bunch of ****es (non-gender specific of course) stalking a hosebag that dumped your ass

Maybe if I could just call... Clear the air a bit... Maybe bring some flowers... They'll take me back? We were meant to be together after all 🥰

18 hours ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Sinister the last time he played here he got tackled making a catch. Not even a particularly hard hit iirc and he was out like a light.

It was a very hard hit actually, and illegal. I remember everyone here wanting the falcons player to be suspended for however many games Reed was going to miss at the time (week 3 of preseason 2019). the dude led with his helmet, when reed was already on the ground.

granted, he most likely would’ve gotten concussed later on anyway even if that night didn’t happen, but still.

14 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

Guice, AP, Kirk and now Reed threads bumped in the Stadium.....

When was the guice thread bumped? I havent noticed that.

edit: just checked, it was locked on August 24th...so, no, it hasn’t been bumped. And the AP thread as well has also been locked. LOL

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Thanks 1
52 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

edit: just checked, it was locked on August 24th...so, no, it hasn’t been bumped. And the AP thread as well has also been locked. LOL

more of a general statement.  Ppl seem to boo hoo and whine in the Stadium about former, now non-WFT players for months after they are gone.  Hell, I forgot about Trent.  People are still ****ing about Trent.  He didn’t want to be here.

All that poon is gone, get over it.  (Course, that is just my opinion.  Want to whine like a jilted cuck?,  knock yourself out). (Not yourself as in you specifically, again generally)

Edited by stoshuaj
1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

It was a very hard hit actually, and illegal. I remember everyone here wanting the falcons player to be suspended for however many games Reed was going to miss at the time (week 3 of preseason 2019). the dude led with his helmet, when reed was already on the ground.

granted, he most likely would’ve gotten concussed later on anyway even if that night didn’t happen, but still.

When was the guice thread bumped? I havent noticed that.

You're right! After you described the hit you refreshed my memory. That hit was clearly malicious.

I think I was confusing it with another time that he was concussed and missed a significant portion of the season when it seemed as if the hit was just a normal run of the mill tackle.

20 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Noone is denying Reed's ability. When healthy he can ball. But its a huge risk to rely on him to be healthy. The 9ers have the luxury of letting him be a backup behind Kittle(though Kittle might miss some time now himself).

there’s also little risk on his one year $1mil deal. 

think he was due about $8-9mil here.