TK

Press Release: #REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVE-Jordan Reed Released

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

February 20, 2020

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVE

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster move:

The Redskins released the following player:

TE Jordan Reed

Yikes, our TE situation is fugly. Not that this is surprising at all or that I though Reed would actually play another down here. 

Sad that it ended this way for Reed (at least with the Redskins). I hope for his sake he retires. Still upset that he got taken out by a cheap hit in a meaningless preseason game.

This is the right move for the 'skins. It should be the right move for Jordan, too. If he thinks about how thin the Redskins are at TE and how they're willing to let him go even before the opening of free agency he ought to realize that this move is not about football.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

No Reed, no Davis, Olsen is a Seahawk, Hooper might get tagged. This isnt looking great.

There is always the draft. :)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Betcha anything you could surf around other teams' NFL forums and find plenty of "Jordan Reed ; Should We ???" threads.

The Pats will sign him and he’ll stay healthy.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Yikes, our TE situation is fugly. Not that this is surprising at all or that I though Reed would actually play another down here. 

It was fugly last year, cant miss what you didnt have, but we have a third rounder, that's our money round for TEs this century.

32 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

And catch the super bowl game winning TD pass😭 

Against the Redskins 

• Haha 1

I enjoyed you being a redskin Jordan!..thank you for your time and services..hope all is well with your health!

• Like 1

Big Shout our to JR for always being a true professional, A solid performer when healthy, and Putting his body on the line time after time.! You deserve good things and better luck in your next endeavor..

• Like 3

I hope he listens to those advising him to retire.  Next concussion could have permanent affects on the rest of his life.

13 minutes ago, evmiii said:

I hope he listens to those advising him to retire.  Next concussion could have permanent affects on the rest of his life.

If they haven't already

• Like 2

I truly hope that Jordan never plays another down in the NFL.

He's had at least 7 major concussions. The last one so debilitating that he was feeling symptoms more than 6 months later. At this point in his career he essentially has an off switch that can be triggered by even a moderately hard impact from a defensive player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Betcha anything you could surf around other teams' NFL forums and find plenty of "Jordan Reed ; Should We ???" threads.

Followed by a bunch of people responding "absolutely, but only if it's vet min plus incentives!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The medical staff and team physician for the Redskins was involved. Just wondering if they failed Reed at any point during his tenure here. Reed says he just wants a fresh start and doesn't seem like the type to throw folk under the bus. I'm just wondering if there is more to this.

nfl_returntoparticipationprotocol.thumb.png.f62904d90612e2e444e8cb20f05b2fe9.png

Adios JR, you sold out for us and we'll remember you fondly. Thanks for everything, be well

Make a smart decision vis-a-vis your future. Maybe you ought to be taking acting classes with Vernon Davis.

I hate to see any of our good players get released, but as I said back during the season... I really hope, for his health, he retires. I truly pray he lives a healthy long life.

It's arguable that boxing and/or mma is more dangerous than football.

In a laboratory-reconstructed bio-mechanics concussion study, Boxers delivered punches with proportionately more rotational than translational acceleration than in football concussion. Boxing punches have a 65 mm effective radius from the head cg, which is almost double the 34 mm in football