Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Richardson released

primetime441

6 minutes ago, zskins said:

I don't think there should be a thread for every player that is being released. The Free Agency thread is there for a reason. It was already posted in that thread as well. 

I see you are new poster so you might not know this. 

This!

12 minutes ago, zskins said:

I don't think there should be a thread for every player that is being released. The Free Agency thread is there for a reason. It was already posted in that thread as well. 

I see you are new poster so you might not know this. 

Noted. Figured this was a big enough deal to make thread about, but it does make more sense to merge all threads together. Also, can anyone take the time to explain how to paste a social media post and not a link.

3 minutes ago, primetime441 said:

Noted. Figured this was a big enough deal to make thread about, but it does make more sense to merge all threads together. Also, can anyone take the time to explain how to paste a social media post and not a link.

Norman release was/is a big deal not so much for Richardson. 

Here are his stats and as you can see not very impressive at all.

Career (2014-2019)
Catches: 143
Yards: 1,809
TD: 12

1 minute ago, zskins said:

Norman release was/is a big deal not so much for Richardson. 

Here are his stats and as you can see not very impressive at all.

Career (2014-2019)
Catches: 143
Yards: 1,809
TD: 12

I beg to differ. The guy signed a 5yr/40m contract. His release is worthy of a conversation. 

good---no ill will to paul, but when we picked him up i was a big critic----i'd seen him his career in seattle and could not imagine what the fo was thinking given our the $$/scheme/personnel/coaches/options at the time

he's a decent limited-use guy....at best, back then, he is a 3 or 4 in that kind of role and only justified a modest payday even then

he had to go like norman did---no ill will to josh either really---i think playing under how this outfit was run for so long can suck a lot of drive out of a player

Good move. Had he worked out it would have been good - but this was part of Bruce's sign oft injured players - supposedly to get them cheaper. However, this contract was both too much and for the wrong guy. 

i feel bad for Richardson. He has talent he just can;t stay on the field. But Skins absolutely had to let him walk. 

Keep it up Ron! Two down a few more to go! 

His first year, I appreciated His fight. He toughed his way through a bunch of games and made plays. It was a case of a willing mind tied to a body that just couldn’t do it. 

I hold no I’ll will and actually think Richardson was a good Redskin while here. His body just couldn’t hold up. 

it was a bad signing, but not because of the payer’s effort and want-to. Cutting him also makes sense. Richardson couldn’t live up to his contract, but I put that all on Allen and not on Paul. 

Least surprising move of the offseason. This was probably the worst FA signing we've had in a while. It was a terrible contract from day 1, and we were rewarded with terrible production for it.

Reed has to be next. He should retire for the sake of his health.

I’m not a Dunbar basher, but he hasn’t exactly acted intelligently or composed over the past week. My question is, was there language in the contracts that the team could void it, and or walk away? Yes? So they exercised their contractual right? ...the players are too stupid to collectively bargain to have guaranteed contracts...

Archived