joeken24

Ooooweee Dunbar wants to be traded!

last OTA's Rueben Foster destroyed his knee and only last month regained feeling in his toes.  Dunbar's recent injury troubles, which weren't as bad as some seem to act like, did involve nerve issues as I far as remember

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, carex said:

last OTA's Rueben Foster destroyed his knee and only last month regained feeling in his toes.  Dunbar's recent injury troubles, which weren't as bad as some seem to act like, did involve nerve issues as I far as remember

More reason to move on from him, unfortunately.

• Like 2

He's under contract, there's been a new regime for a little over a month, and he's upset that they havent run to talk about an extension in Jan and Feb?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Coach said his main goal was getting cats to buy in and want to play here. I would let him walk with that in mind, personally. 

edit by let him walk i mean exactly - get the most out of him you can. Be it a trade or be it use his ass for the rest of his contract and then let him walk. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Redd said:

Trade him for value.

That would be a real change in culture if you ask me.  Don't personalize it.  Get as much value as you can for the guy.  He is decent, and we will have a trade partner.  Someone will take the risk to upgrade at CB. I still think the Jags are a great fit for Dunbar.   

I think agents help screw things up with players these days and make it harder for NFL management to sign new deals.  Its not like Dunbar to just be

a malcontent.  I would let Trent Williams go and get a pick for him and I would definitely let Norman go.  If they keep Norman and let Dunbar go then

I will not be a happy camper at all.  i get that Dunbar has not played 3-4 healthy seasons yet.  He wants some guaranteed money.  It seems to me

this is why you need a competent General Manager to be able to address these situations.   I get that if every player tries to hold the team hostage

before their contract is up that the team has to not make special exceptions or else the contracts will go way up.  If I am Dunbar I would do what

he is proposing because a lot of ex-Skins players actually have better careers once they leave the Redskins.  So he has nothing to lose but I think

his agent is driving his demands and players need to know when to tell the attack agent to back off for a while.

Edited by veteranskinsfan
changed "player" to "played"

Agents typically drive demands if I remember correctly. They get a cut, so its in their best interest as well. Dunbar isnt a bad guy for wanting money. Just like other infamous past players. But it doesnt help us. And the team should only make moves that help us. Trading him and getting something for a player we know we will lose because we wont pay him, helps us. It shouldnt be any deeper than that imo

• Like 5

If Keim said you can get a 3rd or 4th you take that. Good chance Dunbar would have left after this year anyway so you just accelerate the secondary rebuild. You’ll free an additional $16m in cap space moving on from Norman and Dunbar + get a mid round pick. Use those assets to bring in better talent at CB 

• Like 2

Take what you can get and move on. It's clear he doesn't want to be here. If they can get a 4th do it.

• Like 1

He's a top 5 corner, at least he played like it last year, and although he's injury prone I wouldn't accept less than a 2nd rounder or early 3rd rounder. Otherwise, let him play out the final year. He's already indicated he will not hold out and on twitter he said he didn't say exactly what's being quoted.

EIther way, I think it'll work out in our favor. 

1 hour ago, Redd said:

Trade him for value.

The last time we did that was Lavernius Coles for Santana Moss.

Coles was coming off a 100 yard season, but was upset and didn't want to be here anymore. Gibbs accommodated him. Moss had a pretty great career here after almost busting out with the Jets.

I'd rather Dunbar work out. He's such a cool Cinderella story, but if he wants out and his ego has gotten out of control... he's not irreplaceable. We lost 13 games with him last year. That's not on him, but it also suggests he isn't so great that the team needs to bend to his will.

• Like 1

He massively outplayed his previous contract and he's looking at a final season of chump change money with no guarantees.  He's never gotten a big payday either.  He'll yeah he should be worrying about his money.

He deserves a new deal.  We need to decide this off-season whether we'll give it to him.  None of this procrastination bull**** that screwed us with Kirk.  Either negotiate a new deal before the season, or trade him.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Didn't trent pull this **** early last year as well? like before ota's, etc?

Looks like Dunbar took a page out of his book.

There's great CB depth in the draft this year, if you can get a late 2nd/early 3rd for dumbar, you do it and draft his replacement.

I'm confident JDR will put the new guys in a position to succeed, he's done it every place he's been previously.

• Thanks 1

Dunbar for Stefon Diggs..... Do it, Do it! They will need CB help and we could use a top notch WR for Haskins opposite McLaurin

Bring Diggs home!

Edited by SemperFi Skins
  • Like 4

I think Chris Russel suggested Dunbar for Slay last night. But I’d be cool with Dunbar for Diggs. Cross off WR as an immediate draft need in the mid rounds you could divert to CB 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Dunbar for Stefon Diggs..... Do it, Do it! They will need CB help and we could use a top notch WR for Haskins opposite McLaurin

Bring Diggs home!

I'm a Dunbar guy but this proposal intrigues me. 🤔

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I think Chris Russel suggested Dunbar for Slay last night. But I’d be cool with Dunbar for Diggs. Cross off WR as an immediate draft need in the mid rounds you could divert to CB 

and don't for get that Bradberry is almost a lock to come here on the first day of Free Agency... Still would need 1 or two DB's in the draft.

Image result for stefon diggs redskins uniform

• Like 1

Just now, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I'm a Dunbar guy but this proposal intrigues me. 🤔

It's a heck of an acquisition, but the reason I'd prefer to keep Dunbar is the WR class is super strong in the draft this year.  It's going to be a lot harder to find a replacement for Dunbar than it is to find another good receiver to play in our rotation.  Without Dunbar, we don't really have a single good corner.

• Like 1

lolol at some of these trade proposals, there is 0 chance we trade Dunbar for a guy like Stefon Diggs. The Vikings would laugh and hang up after 2 seconds.

Dunbar is a good, not great CB who is injury prone and will be 28 this year, meaning he's got about two real prime years left. Trade him now. If we get a 2nd rounder for him I'd be thrilled, more realistically a 3rd.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

and don't for get that Bradberry is almost a lock to come here on the first day of Free Agency... Still would need 1 or two DB's in the draft.

Bradberry is not really an adequate replacement plan for Dunbar.  He's a far worse player.  He got a 59.8 grade from PFF last season, which isn't much higher than the 56.7 that Moreland got.  That is below average starter quality.

If you're talking about first day of free agency money for Bradberry, but are balking at paying Dunbar, I would say that is really bad teambuilding.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It's a heck of an acquisition, but the reason I'd prefer to keep Dunbar is the WR class is super strong in the draft this year.  It's going to be a lot harder to find a replacement for Dunbar than it is to find another good receiver to play in our rotation.  Without Dunbar, we don't really have a single good corner.

I'm assuming we end up with James Bradberry. I'm not a big fan but I expect it.

Get him and I'm willing to give Moreau his shot on the other side.

Then you move Dunbar for Diggs.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Bradberry is not really an adequate replacement plan for Dunbar.  He's a far worse player.  He got a 59.8 grade from PFF last season, which isn't much higher than the 56.7 that Moreland got.  That is below average starter quality.

If you're talking about first day of free agency money for Bradberry, but are balking at paying Dunbar, I would say that is really bad teambuilding.

It's not about balking... if the reports are true that Dunbar just wants out, then you have no choice (no idea if its true or just money). Sign Bradberry and go in the draft looking for help at DB. Hope that Moreau and Moreland, etc have taken a leap....

1 minute ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I'm assuming we end up with James Bradberry.

Get him and I'm willing to give Moreau his shot on the other side.

Then you move Dunbar for Diggs. 

I think you need a lot more at corner than Bradberry and Moreau to field a half-decent secondary.  Moreau is pretty bad, and Bradberry has been average to below average.  Dunbar is legitimately excellent.

Even with Dunbar, we're like three or four good rotation caliber DBs away from having good secondary talent.  Bring in Bradberry and keep Dunbar and I'd say you still need at least two more good DBs to get a high end secondary that's necessary to have an elite defense.

I can probably spend a fourth round pick on a WR in the draft this year and end up with a WR group that I'm totally confident with.  We need Dunbar a lot more than we need Diggs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1