Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ooooweee Dunbar wants to be traded!

joeken24

So Dunbar's contract is ate up and he wants a new one. Of course he's been injured the past couple seasons. But we've had the worse medical staff known to the NFL. To me, his only leverage is what we all know he can be when healthy....a play maker. But this is a new staff, so they may think different about the situation. Now apparently he's rated second among CBs by Pro Football focus. He's also looking at no guaranteed money going into this year. That's a financial disaster waiting to happen. So what do the Redskins do about this? Do you sign him now or let him play out the season? If he balls out, he's out of here and we lose a top CB. If we pay him now and he gets injured again.....****.

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Bye Felicia?

Ive been a big dunbar fan, but this aint gonna happen.  I would be curious what kind of money were talking about, but he is yet to play a 16 game season, and only played 18 of the last 32 if i remember correctly.  I would love to keep him, but if he wants big money and a long deal, i just cant do that.

If this is about bread, that's not exactly how you want to make your case to a new regime. I would at least give them the opportunity to tell me to f off first.

At any rate, peace. I would bring William's back because his beef was with Allen and the medical staff who are gone. I wouldn't let a dude pull this and let him hang around this early in the offseason. 

Let's not forget, Dunbar was a gruden pet project and he's probably salty his sponsor is gone. 

Rivera may say all the right things, but I'm sure he knows who the malcontents are and will deal with them appropriately. Everyone assumes he's here to smooth things over with Trent.. maybe he's here to get rid of those who may not toe the line because they never had to before.

It's gonna hurt in the short term, but I'd kick Dunbar and Trent's asses out the door together. Neither can play a full 16 games every year, I'd rather go with someone who wants to be here.

Dunbar is a great story as a converted undrafted wide receiver made good. That said, didn't he sign a brand new three year contract just last year? Sounds like his ego got a little big. He played well when there, but isn't always there. I would think he'd want to prove himself to the new boss just a bit before throwing a tantrum.

A little surprising from Dunny..He didn’t need to go there. Sounded irrational and emotional. I think he’ll calm down and we’ll get working on working this out.

But that is The New Normal: 
“Player Empowerment” Let the world know what’s on your mind at all times.
Secure the bag at all costs. He realizes he got duped by the nice value contract that the Skins executed on his last deal. 

If we play it right and be reasonable I think we can secure him on another super value deal, for a guy that when healthy can play like a number 1 Cb. If he’s unreasonable, then we’ll see what the trade market says and if we don’t like it we let him walk in 2021.

It's a shame these guys are going to the media quicker. I like Dunbar - nice story. But I would kick his **** to the curb now. Let people know the strong arm tactics are not working. You want out? Ok, we want you out. Need to set the tone right away. 

It's very unfortunate Dunbar decided to take this route. I did not see that coming from him. At least wait to talk to the staff first. Give them a chance to take care of you. 

So, Dunbar is a good corner. He has done a fantastic job. But given his PFF grade, you know his agent is going to be pushing for a very, very large deal. In fact, I'd be willing to bet his agent has already begun doing that and that's a good reason why we arrived where we are now.

He has injury concerns, playing in 75% of games/season. Good corners are hard to find.

However, I think it should be noted how up and down corners are on a year to year basis and how overpaying a corner can lead to a team that struggles within the confines of the cap. The elite corners are paid a lot of money, and their play is extremely variable. 

You cannot pay Dunbar big money. 

And if he is suggesting a trade, I suggest we give it to him at this point in the regime change. 

Now, let's talk what he could fetch... I'd love to say a 2nd rounder. But I'm not sure. I think we may be able to get a third, though. And in this loaded draft class a third rounder may wind up being more valuable than Dunbar at a large number. 

Remember when I had him as an option to cut and only one other person agreed with me?  That was still an extreme option, nut sucks seeing so many of the reasons i want to do it resurface in this thread like this.

Trade him if you can, hes not going to be worth whatever he thinks hes worth, it'd be carrying on our pattern of extending folks that cant stay healthy to save money and why most of our top contracts where injuries by end of the year.

37 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Sign Bradberry

Trade Dunbar for a 3rd

Use that pick on a CB

Rivera likes to take a chance on CB’s drafted in rounds 2-5

Yes. Or double dip on CB in the draft. With Dunbar I thought it would be prudent to draft a guy in R5. If you also use Dunbar trade asset on a CB let Ron hit it 2x in the draft at 1x in FA. 

Dunbar was going into the final year of his deal. I didn’t think we’d bring him back honestly. So if you can get a mid round pick for him and replace his 1 more year of $4m 2020 cap hit with a 4 year rookie deal, you do it. 

Not sure what you can get for him, but I’d take anything 

We should be able to get something decent trading Dunbar.  Maybe get Andy Reid on the line?  While I disagree with Dunbar's emotional challenge, with his new coaching staff, I think it is a good opportunity for the Skins to pick up a decent trade partner.   Didn't Gruden convert Dunbar from WR to CB?  He is the O coordinator with the Jags and they are in need of a CB after dealing Ramsey.  They are a possible trade partner.   

I say get Bradberry, aged 26, prime of his career, deal Dunbar to whoever has a piece we need..

Archived