Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thoughts on Greg Olsen potentially signing here? (M.E.T.)

bakedtater1

14 hours ago, Veretax said:

I wouldn't break the bank for Olsen, but he'd be a great leader and teacher for a group of young tight ends.  

totally agree.

I’ve been all in on Olsen coming here since  Rivera was hired and Olsen was still a Panther :ols: but got to say I’m stepping back from the ledge a bit.

i still want him, but the cost must be balanced off. 

I’m not sure I’d stretch much past 5mil per year. 2yr/10-12mil max is my limit. Not sure that will get him though.

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

totally agree.

I’ve been all in on Olsen coming here since  Rivera was hired and Olsen was still a Panther :ols: but got to say I’m stepping back from the ledge a bit.

i still want him, but the cost must be balanced off. 

I’m not sure I’d stretch much past 5mil per year. 2yr/10-12mil max is my limit. Not sure that will get him though.

Closer to the 10 than 12.  :)

I say stick with the youth movement.  This coaching staff has a bit of a honeymoon period for a couple of years.  Go find your own young talent and coach them up.  One of the huge reasons the offense on this team has struggled the last couple of years is lack of a credible tight end.  We have/had one but he was never on the field.  The last thing we need is another veteran late in their career, and it has been a good one no doubt, coming here soaking up a bunch of cap but because their body is breaking or broken down can't stay on the field.  Now, if you want to make the argument that because we have a young team that he would be a great mentor/team guy to have in the locker room even if he is not a huge contributor on the field then okay I could be open to that but then for sure it has to be at the right price.

7 hours ago, markmills67 said:

Thought his decision was coming Friday, not bothered if he signs or not but if he does it should be followed by Reeds release. 

HTTR 

Well, that was the media take.  Hopefully, it's soon.

I like Olson love Hooper If we can land both tremendous.If we land Olson only good if we land only Hooper great. Whatever we do we need to give Haskins weapons.Last year Sprinkle was horrible and we had possibly the worst TE group in league.I believe we need to two solid TE editions and Sprinkle should battling for job as TE3.

7 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

I like Olson love Hooper If we can land both tremendous.If we land Olson only good if we land only Hooper great. Whatever we do we need to give Haskins weapons.Last year Sprinkle was horrible and we had possibly the worst TE group in league.I believe we need to two solid TE editions and Sprinkle should battling for job as TE3.

I'd prefer Hentges over Sprinkle

7 hours ago, wit33 said:

Anyone have a breakdown of Hooper? I’ve watched a few highlight videos, but not enough to reach any conclusions. 

This is the guy we should be targeting especially coming off the season he just had.Olsen is at the tailend of his career and is often injured. I''ll trust Rivera knows what he is doing.😐

2 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

This is the guy we should be targeting especially coming off the season he just had.Olsen is at the tailend of his career and is often injured. I''ll trust Rivera knows what he is doing.😐

On the surface, I don’t like the idea of paying an average athlete with above average production elite money. 

13 hours ago, Ghedrick said:

Agreed...watching the super bowl and both teams te made me jealous...

3 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

The longer he takes tells me he is on the phone with Ron........but I am usually wrong.

The longer it goes makes me think he is leaning more towards being an TV Football Analyst.  Personally, I think he should keep playing instead of being an analyst.  

Archived