bakedtater1

Thoughts on Greg Olsen potentially signing here? (M.E.T.)

Jarwin has flashed for years in DAL as they force-fed an ineffectual Witten snaps and targets for the nostalgia. He's a guy we should target at a reasonable price whether we sign Olsen or not. He could be a late career breakout candidate due to his prior situation, like Delanie Walker when he finally got out of SF. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Seahawks now in the race. This will be an expensive battle.

Or lots of teams will do their due diligence, not offer him a big contract, and it actually ends up benefiting us that he didn't just travel here immediately with oversized contract expectations. Who knows.

21 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Seahawks now in the race. This will be an expensive battle.

He'll wanna play for his previous coach..hell this might be the first time in a long time we see a player choose to play for the Redskins even tho being offered more from a different team.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Jarwin has flashed for years in DAL as they force-fed an ineffectual Witten snaps and targets for the nostalgia. He's a guy we should target at a reasonable price whether we sign Olsen or not. He could be a late career breakout candidate due to his prior situation, like Delanie Walker when he finally got out of SF. 

Or Olsen when he got out of Chicago

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

He'll wanna play for his previous coach..hell this might be the first time in a long time we see a player choose to play for the Redskins even tho being offered more from a different team.

Strong links to the Bills too.

12 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

Or Olsen when he got out of Chicago

Kinda. Olsen had already shown he was good (if I recall he was dealt for a 3rd), but coaching staff turnover led to a situation where the new regime in CHI didn't emphasize the TE as much. Bears fans were salty about that for the entirety of the last decade. 

• Like 1

People act like signing Olsen to any kind of contract, will hurt our ability to sign anyone else. Lol. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Kinda. Olsen had already shown he was good (if I recall he was dealt for a 3rd), but coaching staff turnover led to a situation where the new regime in CHI didn't emphasize the TE as much. Bears fans were salty about that for the entirety of the last decade. 

Olsen had his best year in TDs in 2009.  Then after in 2010, you are correct, they traded him and used that pick and another to get Brandon Marshall. 

But when he got to Carolina, that's when he became a key player in the offense. 

So, you are right.  Kinda.  

• Like 1

He wants to play for the Bears.... anywhere else he signs is just for the paycheck. You have to wonder if you'd get a motivated Olsen or just a locker room presence if signed here

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

He wants to play for the Bears.... anywhere else he signs is just for the paycheck. You have to wonder if you'd get a motivated Olsen or just a locker room presence if signed here

I still think that if the price is right, he would happily play here and give 100% effort.  Gets to continue with Coach Ron, gets to be in amazing city.   Chicago is a big city with a lot going on in its own right, but name one sky scraper-less city with more art, money and power?  Maybe the Vatican?

3 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

he wanted the Bears to at least call...I think he’ll be motivated wherever he signs.

biggest issue we face is that I think he will want to win, in what is now a short timeframe of probably 2 years for him.

You need a young dynamic tight end to win in this league these days...id rather take a chance in the draft or hope jordan reed can stay healthy

26 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

You need a young dynamic tight end to win in this league these days...id rather take a chance in the draft or hope jordan reed can stay healthy

As a fan of Jordan Reed you should hope he retires. 7 concussions is no joke. I think he is going to be cut regardless, the cap savings is too big. 

I am casting a voodoo doll out of that player from the Falcons who did what he did to Reed..and keep flicking him in the nuts...over and over and over and over and over again and again...**** that ignorant ****ing piece of **** asshole ****er who ****ing did what he did..pisses me off to no end..I hope he rots in ****ing hell..

Reed needs to retire..skins hit a home run on a free agent te maybe draft one in the 4th or 5th maybe olsen comes here...I think henteges is resigned or whatever needs to happen to be on the team in 2020..

Edited by bakedtater1

Please no!

Fork out the extra 3-4 million and pursue Henry or Hooper

• Thanks 1

No brainer.  Regardless of if we sign Olsen or not Skins SHOULD move on from Jordan Reed.  He hasn't earned his salary the last 2 almost 3 seasons due to injuries and concussions.  

• Sad 2

Olsen if it's a good value. If it turns into a bidding war, which I think is unlikely, then you go for Austin Hooper.

48 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Olsen if it's a good value. If it turns into a bidding war, which I think is unlikely, then you go for Austin Hooper.

I think you go with both guys and Hentges

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, method man said:

I think you go with both guys and Hentges

That's where I'm at. I'd also draft 1 or 2.