Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kobe Bryant Killed in Helicopter Crash

ExoDus84

8 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Kobe > Jordan.

this is actually how it is for me but it’s driven by my age. When I got into basketball Jordan was at the end and Kobe was just getting started. I played Kobe’s n64 basketball game. That’s just who the start of my nba viewing started with. 

the one thing Lebron did... was consistently drag teams filled with scrubs deep into the playoffs.   When Kobe, in his prime, was surrounded by scrubs... those teams struggled to hit .500 and didn't even make it to the playoffs.     

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

the one thing Lebron did... was consistently drag teams filled with scrubs deep into the playoffs.   When Kobe, in his prime, was surrounded by scrubs... those teams struggled to hit .500 and didn't even make it to the playoffs.     

What years did prime Kobe miss the playoffs? Not to mention he was playing in the West which was the much harder conference during those years. 

In 2005 he missed 16 games due to injury and they finished 34-48 missing the playoffs.

In 2006 Lebron's Cavs were 50-32 and it was the 2nd best record in the East. Kobe's Lakers were 45-37 and the 7th best record in the West. Kobe lost to the MVP Nash Suns in 7 and Lebron lost in the 2nd round in 7 to the Pistons. 

In 2007, the 5 seed Houston Rockets were 52-30 and the 1 seed in the East was 53-29. Lakers were 42-40 to the Cavs 50-32 and he again lost to the 61 win Nash Suns. Lebron meanwhile got to beat 41-41 Wizards, the 41-41 Nets and then the 53-29 Pistons before being swept by the Spurs. 

The next 3 years Kobe was in the Finals which marked the end of his prime and Lebron hasn't been on a team that wasn't loaded since this point. 

It's not really a fair comparison considering the talent level in those conferences during that time. I feel pretty confident the Lakers could have beaten the crappy Wizards and Nets too. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

In 2006 Lebron's Cavs were 50-32 and it was the 2nd best record in the East. Kobe's Lakers were 45-37 and the 7th best record in the West. Kobe lost to the MVP Nash Suns in 7 and Lebron lost in the 2nd round in 7 to the Pistons. 

Game 6 - Suns hit a 3 with seconds left in regulation to force OT, otherwise a lineup of Kobe, Lamar Odom, Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, and Luke Walton would have beat the 2 seed.

Kobe scored 50 on 57.1% shooting including 62.5% from 3. With that team. Not exactly a bunch of open looks. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yall seriously gonna have that stupid ass debate in this thread, of all places and times?

Kobe took over the bible study tonight, could hear my wife getting frustrated listening to it on Zoom. I already saw it coming and knew it was going to piss me off where it went, so I didnt even bother tuning in. People are going to talk about this how they want to talk about it when they want to talk about it, doesnt mean I have to participate.  

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Kobe took over the bible study tonight, could hear my wife getting frustrated listening to it on Zoom. I already saw it coming and knew it was going to piss me off where it went, so I didnt even bother tuning in. People are going to talk about this how they want to talk about it when they want to talk about it, doesnt mean I have to participate.  

What is zoom and what does that have to do with bible study?  Serious questions.  And are you implying that the GOAT debate happened during your bible study? 

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

What is zoom and what does that have to do with bible study?  Serious questions.  And are you implying that the GOAT debate happened during your bible study? 

Zoom is for video conferencing over the internet, so folks can join from elsewhere.  They went further on their lack of knowledge regarding his life outside of basketball that wasnt worth the temperature my blood was going to get to. 

When the rape allegations came up, I was cooking and could hear my wife trying to get them back on track that it was bible study and not their place to be judging folks like that.  She didnt know everything that happened, wasnt the point, that was completely inappropriate setting and whatever points they were trying to take from that were getting rediculous and didnt hear his daughter come up but maybe accidentally.

Ya know, that was youth pastor, I've kinda phased out youth bible study because I was tired I'd being the adult in the room. Im cool enough with the pastor that if I hear something that gets under my skin during service, hes okay with me talking to him about it.  I expect it, but I dont have to cosign for a car I dont want to drive.

And just to be clear I enjoy having these conversations with yall, but I'm not going to be a religious liaison for this thread.  I said my piece when the thread started, and certainly not going to get into a debate about anything regarding the helicopter or speculation about anything else.  I'm still in recovery mode from the toll this took on me in relation to my own life, I'm still not ready for whatever direction this thread goes from here, my twitter feed is still filtering out all the folks crying on air about this.

The sooner this thread falls off the front page for me the better, that's me being totally honest with yall, that's where I'm at right now on this still.

• Like 2