Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Offer Would Change Your Mind on Trading Down???

Renegade7

Trade offer to change your mind on trading down???  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Trade offer to change your mind on trading down???

• Has to be MORE then accepted trade package to get RG3
    • Has to be AT LEAST the accepted trade package to get RG3
    • Would be willing to accept LESS then accepted trade package to get RG3
    • There's nothing that can convince me to trade down, stop trying, unplug the phone
    • Only if you can convince me of an impossible scenario where we can still get Chase Young, good luck
    • I don't know
    • I don't care

1 hour ago, bowhunter said:

Preston Smith says "Hi"

Preston isn’t elite.  He wasn’t elite for GB.  He definitely wasn’t elite for us. He was very, very good for GB.  Had a pro bowl season.  

I agree on coaching not maximizing talent.  And it’s possible guys like Allen, Payne and even Sweat have a lot of upside. 

But unless one of them jumps up a huge amount, they don’t have elite skills.  That could change. 

@Skinsinparadise I agree, you’re negligent if you don’t listen.  And if you get 4 or 5 firsts or something ridiculous like that you’re stupid to not consider it.

However, even if Miami offered all 3 of its 1’s this year and a 1 next year, I’m not sure I’d make that trade IF I had Chase Young evaluated as a generational type player.  Because the Skins need quality over quantity.  I mean ideally they get quality of quality.  But If take an elite difference maker who could take over a game over a really good LT and TE or something like that.  

20 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The redskins ain’t exactly a dream team of talent. I’m not sure which team sucks worse, giants are redskins. I doubt the redskins is a dream job for anyone...

I can see that, but at least we did a reset while they are still in denial. 

40 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Preston isn’t elite.  He wasn’t elite for GB.  He definitely wasn’t elite for us. He was very, very good for GB.  Had a pro bowl season.  

I agree on coaching not maximizing talent.  And it’s possible guys like Allen, Payne and even Sweat have a lot of upside. 

But unless one of them jumps up a huge amount, they don’t have elite skills.  That could change. 

@Skinsinparadise I agree, you’re negligent if you don’t listen.  And if you get 4 or 5 firsts or something ridiculous like that you’re stupid to not consider it.

However, even if Miami offered all 3 of its 1’s this year and a 1 next year, I’m not sure I’d make that trade IF I had Chase Young evaluated as a generational type player.  Because the Skins need quality over quantity.  I mean ideally they get quality of quality.  But If take an elite difference maker who could take over a game over a really good LT and TE or something like that.  

It's been a long time since we've had a league best type of player. Except Trent and that's cloudy. Samuels (we've been so spoiled at LT for decades), ST for a year and a half, Portis? IDK.

If adding Young to the group we have makes Allen a 10 sack guy or Sweat a 13 sack guy, while being one himself. I think Payne has a chance to be one of the leagues best D/NTs with a cast like that. 

We've possibly got some real horses on this team on rookie deals. I say stick with the sure star player, instead of hedging the bet. 

Not being sure if you'd take all 3 of Miami's 1sts this year along with their 1st next year is crazy, pretty much no matter how highly you have Young graded. I mean, wow. That's a lot of pressure on one great prospect. And I get it. I want the top of the league blue chipper too. The face of the franchise type guy with DPOY candidate potential.

But if you like Kyle Smith...4 extra 1sts to play with (3 of them instantly and one of those still top 5!) is how you build a championship team, even if you factor in at least one whiff. Damn that's a lot of talent and value. Prime Mack went for less (but admittedly also needed to be paid). 

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

This is not fair, not only was Mahomes not considered a generational talent, he wasnt even the considered the QB best prospect in his draft.  If anything that is the point of the trade down, to increase your odds of getting mulitple players that people might be sleeping on. Not jus one that everyone agrees on and could still be wrong on.

I think you missed what i was trying to say.

What you say about mahomes draft stock is the point I was trying to make.

If we trade down we may end up with the next mahomes or we may not but if we don't trade down it'll all be speculation, we'll never know what might have been.

Had the colts passed on peyton manning or the Bill's passed on bruce smith and traded back for multiple picks that didn't work out, for all time they'd have to live with that fact and we could possibly be in that situation. 

We know the exact potential that chase has and there's a scenario where we could have to live with the fact that we passed on bruce smith, with mahomes that's just what happens in the draft every year.

The more I think about it, the more willing I am to trade back given the right offer.

I've watched more and more of Young, and the more I watch the more holes I see in his game. Now, they aren't "not a phenomenal prospect, all these people don't know wtf they're talking about" holes. But they are holes. I fell under the same trance many did with him and bought into the hype of "generational". And I'm not saying he can't be that, but I watched everything from that lens and not necessarily from the lens of a "football guy".

I was amazed at his rush ability, his ability to hold his inside gap even when he was the force defender, how fast his hands were, his footwork, his ability to bend. How the hell can't you?

But then I saw he didn't use his hands all that much because of how superior he was to his competition. He didn't use his bend that much. He beat guys with just a quick hand movement, or a head fake/dip/rip, or going around them.

I noticed how he got too far upfield on some rushes because he didn't use his hands.

But then I marvel at how much of a perfect position he winds up in when he uses all of his tools. 

So the question isn't "is he capable of being what people think he is" - The answer is YES. YES. YES.

But he has to be able to play using his whole tool box for four quarters.

I say all that to say this: I don't move from 2. I take Chase Young at 2 and don't look back. But if offers come in that can absolutely change the direction of the franchise you listen and talk them over. You weigh your board. Young isn't flawless. He's just ****ing close to it. So I think you have to think about what you do.

Someone will inevitably com in here and say, "Hater!" but I am far from it. I still love Young as a prospect, but he's not infallible. Which means you have to consider all of your options, regardless of what they are.

9 hours ago, bowhunter said:

Preston Smith says "Hi"

...Oh, You meant "elite" when they played for us lol. Who knows how much true talent is on our roster at the moment. If it's there just waiting to be developed, coached up, and used in the appropriate scheme..then it would make sense to add even more developing talent (extra 1st round picks). I'll jump for joy if we draft CY, but I'm not jumping off a bridge if Kyle Smith and RR decide that more picks=more talent.

While i dont think Preston Smith is ELITE, i agree with the rest of your post.  I actually think this D line is good enough to compete now, and we will see a bunch of improvement just because of scheme and coaching changes.  Im not saying i dont want young, but i think adding Okudah or Simmons (preferably Simmons), as well as adding a pass rusher later, can still help this defense be a force, while allowing us to address multiple other positions with top end talent.  

I am absolutely good with either direction... 

7 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

We've possibly got some real horses on this team on rookie deals. I say stick with the sure star player, instead of hedging the bet. 

I sure hope that the FO and Rivera are thinking exactly the way you thinking.   When I see what the Niners did in the draft and FA, to fortify their D, with a good coach, great scheme maximizing their abilities, I can't help but think now that we have  Del Rio here, a real D coach, what an amazing opportunity to see the maximizing the potential of what we do have.  Then adding Chase is like adding a better Bosa if we are to believe all the scouting reports.  

11 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

@Skinsinparadise you make good points, but want to note that none of the players you jus mentioned made the playoffs this year. 

To me winning a SB, etc is driven by it being a team game and you need a QB.   Von Miller won a SB and was a big part of the win, a couple of the players I mentioned in addition to him played in the SB.  There is no player who guarantees a playoff run every year except for a QB and heck even some great QBs haven't done it every year.  But it's tough for me to think of too many SB teams without a great player on it. 

The only reason why I'd even entertain trading down is on the chance the FO (who I trust) think they could get ANOTHER elite or borderline elite player, if for example they see Simmons or Okudah as likely for example still being there at #5 and they don't see much difference between them and Young. I personally don't think those players are just a hair behind but I am no professional scout so I'd trust their scouting on it. 

But if we are talking in theory about for example one elite player versus three good players.  With this roster, I'd take the elite guy.  It would be a novel ride for this organization.  I think we get painted sometimes as a team obsessed with star players because of Dan chasing veteran star power when he arrived yet the irony is the thing that has marked Dan's run is not only never exceeding 10 wins but also really never having NFL elite players with the possible exception of Sean's last year and Trent (and that's arguable).  

We've been the master of having B to B plus level players.    I wish I can recall how he articulated the point but Cooley has spoken on this subject several times and the gist of how I recall it is more or less he said talking to other players who have dudes like that he said he was told it elevates everyone's game and it gives them faith that a big play is coming in big moments and breeds confidence. It's been a mantra from Cooley about they need to change this dynamic,  Not that Cooley is the be all and end all but he's a guy who actually played on this team and has studied it since.  I'd believe this point without him but he brings the point home well IMO. 

The rest of my point is about the team declining with fans.  And to preempt a rebuttal from anyone on this.  Yes, winning cures all.  I don't argue that.  Winning is the most important thing.  I don't argue that either.  And yes there are multiple variables with the declining fan base with our owner being center stage.   But I would like to see this fan base recover and by that I don't mean people like us but the more casual fans.

To the story that Finlay among others have shared which is the next generation of fans in the DMV seem headed elsewhere from their observation and are wearing jerseys of star players of others teams, etc.   I've said this before.  My wife is a Giants fan and when she saw Peterson for the first time in a Redskins uniform she said to me, he doesn't look right in that uniform.  I asked why?  And she said (not sarcastically) I just don't associate big name stars with the Redskins -- its not what they do.  I digested the point some and thought you know, she's right. 

When I travel around the country here and there but especially in Disney, I see a lot of people wearing jerseys but very rarely its a Redskin jersey.  I see Redskins shirts but it's rare to see a jersey.  I'll see Barkley, Big Ben, Brees, Rodgers, Beckham, Gurley, etc.  Redskins don't have any dude in the top 50 in jersey sales while our NFC East opponents I recall the previous year had 4 guys in the top 10.   

I know people like us don't give a rats behind if we have nationally talked about and hyped players but I do think it takes a toll with fans because many aren't die hard like us and want something to get excited about.  I thought Beckham had an apt statement after being traded to the Browns when he said he thinks he helped saved that organization during their recent down years because younger fans were excited to come see him (or something like that).  Giants have stunk in recent years but they aren't bleeding fans.   They got a zillion people wearing Beckham and now Barkley jerseys -- they are national stars.  I put on GMF today and heck a Barkley mention. 

The Redskins popularity issue is a sidebar thing for me at best not the main plot.  And at one point I didn't care about it all. But heck when I flew up to see a game this year against a team without much of a national following yet saw those fans overrun the stadium and it felt like a road game -- it was somewhat depressing for me.  I've flown up to games just about every year for give or take 20 years and you can see how things have eroded. 

So I do like the bonus of drafting a dude who is already a national star/conversation.  The last time we did that was 2012.  And arguably that was the last time we were a national conversation and were also at our peak as far as fan enthusiasm and attendance-TV ratings.  And let me double down all of that is the bonus not the main plot.  The main plot to me is I think Chase would have a ripple effect on this defense.  He'd likely make every D lineman better and the secondary, too.  

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

I think you missed what i was trying to say.

What you say about mahomes draft stock is the point I was trying to make.

If we trade down we may end up with the next mahomes or we may not but if we don't trade down it'll all be speculation, we'll never know what might have been.

Had the colts passed on peyton manning or the Bill's passed on bruce smith and traded back for multiple picks that didn't work out, for all time they'd have to live with that fact and we could possibly be in that situation. 

We know the exact potential that chase has and there's a scenario where we could have to live with the fact that we passed on bruce smith, with mahomes that's just what happens in the draft every year.

I understood your point and didnt like how you used it.

Young is speculation, you know he is dominating college, you dont know if he'll dominate the NFL until he does.  Odds are he will, but that is not a guarantee. If you and others want to say you know his potential is higher then others, fine, but that doesnt mean the other first round prospects dont have potential as well, that's why it's not right to try and throw Mahomes out this conversation.  Chiefs did their homework, created right situation, and turned what many considered a project into what some considers is or on his to being the best QB in the NFL.  Any team can hit on a #2 pick, it takes a solid front office to get a HOF where you dont expect to find one.

Again, I dont like some of the analogies yall use.  Why use examples like Peyton and Bruce?  Bills didnt win a single superbowl and the Colts are a perfect example of wasting a generational talent by not giving what he needs to win multiple super bowls. 

If folks want to say we need elite talent, I agree, but we need more then one and you increase your odds if that with multiple first rounds instead jus one high one.

6 minutes ago, redskinss said:

You didn't though. 

But clearly we cant seem to get on the same page so there's no point in arguing. 

I'll concede the point.

Getting your point and agreeing with your point arent the same thing.  Again, I didnt start this thread to change folks minds, and I get your overall premise even if theres certain points I dont think you should use to make it.  I wont lose sleep if we get Young, I dont believe that's what's best option for franchise.  A really good one, not the best.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Getting your point and agreeing with your point arent the same thing.  Again, I didnt start this thread to change folks minds, and I get your overall premise even if theres certain points I dont think you should use to make it.  I wont lose sleep if we get Young, I dont believe that's what's best option for franchise.  A really good one, not the best.

I agree, I said at the beginning of this thread if Miami offered us their three first round picks I'd take that trade in a heartbeat. 

All I'm talking about is hindsight. 

Chase is no different than every other player ever drafted in that he could succeed or he could flame out but his draft profile is that of the best to ever play before they proved themselves and if and that's a big IF, he does turn into a superstar we'll have the unfortunate consequence of having to be the team that passed on someone who had shown he had the potential to be that good.

I wonder if there’s a scenario where we get offered 5, 18, 37, 54. Then we turn around and give 5 and 18 to Detroit to move back to #3 for Chase. 

I would think Detroit would take Chase but if they see the chance to get Okudah or Simmons at 5 and adding a mid-1st it might be tempting. And we’d get Chase and add 2 picks in the 2nd. 

since I’d take a 3 from Detroit to swap 3&5 I’d be happy that way too

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To me winning a SB is a team game and you need a QB.   Von Miller won a SB and was a big part of the win, a couple of the players I mentioned in addition to him played in the SB.  There is no player who guarantees a playoff run every year except for a QB and heck even some great QBs haven't done it every year, 

Right, Julio AND Matt Ryan missed the playoffs this year. Von Miller hasnt been to the playoffs in four seasons straight now.  I can dig the we need more elite players and it will help adding one, but like you said, adding one doesnt really guarantee anything, which is why I want this conversation about Youngs affect on the franchise the breaks pumped a little.

The only reason why I'd even entertain trading down is on the chance the FO (who I trust) think they could get ANOTHER elite or borderline elite player, if for example they see Simmons or Okudah as likely for example still being there at #5 and they don't see much difference between them and Young. I personally don't think those players are just a hair behind but I am no professional scout so I'd trust their scouting on it. 

More then fair, and like I keep saying, I'm not going to bash Youngs potential to make my points.  No one is going to win a debate insinuating hes not worth the #2 pick, he is, but if they can get a dominat pass rusher in the line to help make the team better, do they have to be a potential HOF'r?

But if we are talking in theory about for example one elite player versus three good players.  With this roster, I'd take the elite guy.  It would be a novel ride for this organization.  I think we get painted sometimes as a team obsessed with star players because of Dan chasing veteran star power when he arrived yet the irony is the thing that has marked Dan's run is not only never exceeding 10 wins but also really never having NFL elite players with the possible exception of Sean's last year and Trent (and that's arguable).  

We've been the master of having B to B plus level players.    I wish I can recall how he articulated the point but Cooley has spoken on this subject several times and the gist of how I recall it is more or less he said talking to other players who have dudes like that he said he was told it elevates everyone's game and it gives them faith that a big play is coming in big moments and breeds confidence. It's been a mantra from Cooley about they need to change this dynamic,  Not that Cooley is the be all and end all but he's a guy who actually played on this team and has studied it since.  I'd believe this point without him but he brings the point home well IMO. 

I dont care how popular they are if they are winning.  Patriots lately have had defenses that overwhelm folks without household names, theyve been doing that since early the early 2000s defensive players retired.

The rest of my point is about the team declining with fans.  And to preempt a rebuttal from anyone on this.  Yes, winning cures all.  I don't argue that.  Winning is the most important thing.  I don't argue that either.  And yes there are multiple variables with the declining fan base with our owner being center stage.   But I would like to see this fan base recover and by that I don't mean people like us but the more casual fans.

The Redskins popularity issue is a sidebar thing for me at best not the main plot.  And at one point I didn't care about it all. But heck when I flew up to see a game this year against a team without much of a national following yet saw those fans overrun the stadium and it felt like a road game -- it was somewhat depressing for me.  I've flown up to games just about every year for give or take 20 years and you can see how things have eroded. 

I'm really on the fence about going down this rabbit hole with you, because, it's a separate issue, and not a reason I would chose to pick Young or trade down.  Living up here. The fan support collapse was bigger then losing or not having stars.  The franchise became radioactive, the mass transit stays open late for every other team except for us, for example, Young by himself cant fix that.

So I do like the bonus of drafting a dude who is already a national star/conversation.  The last time we did that was 2012.  And arguably that was the last time we were a national conversation and were also at our peak as far as fan enthusiasm and attendance-TV ratings.  And let me double down all of that is the bonus not the main plot.  The main plot to me is I think Chase would have a ripple effect on this defense.  He'd likely make every D lineman better and the secondary, too.  

Which is the best point by far, but like I keep saying it doesn't have to be Young.  You need someone opposite Sweat who is a dominant pass rusher, we might already have that with Ionnidas.  Until we see what those two as bookended look like with Del Rio, Chase is an luxury pick, not a need.

8 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I wonder if there’s a scenario where we get offered 5, 18, 37, 54. Then we turn around and give 5 and 18 to Detroit to move back to #3 for Chase. 

I would think Detroit would take Chase but if they see the chance to get Okudah or Simmons at 5 and adding a mid-1st it might be tempting. And we’d get Chase and add 2 picks in the 2nd. 

since I’d take a 3 from Detroit to swap 3&5 I’d be happy that way too

My advice would be to check the math in the pick value, your scenario give or take some points has come up a couple times in this thread, even as a three way trade with Miami and Detroit.

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

@Koolblue13 I really hope yall right about this guy.

That's all any of us can do though, right? 

If he is a bust, nobody questions us taking him. There's no fault, just missed opportunity. It happens.

If Haskins busts and we had the #2 and didn't take a QB, then we may have made a fatal mistake that will haunt us. 

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

If Haskins busts and we had the #2 and didn't take a QB, then we may have made a fatal mistake that will haunt us. 

If we skip on a QB at 2 and Haskins does bust AND one of the QBs available turns out, this will be haunting. There is no doubt. Much more haunting than passing on CY if he becomes a HoF, in my opinion.

But that’s the rub. Lots of ifs.

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If we skip on a QB at 2 and Haskins does bust AND one of the QBs available turns out, this will be haunting. There is no doubt. Much more haunting than passing on CY if he becomes a HoF, in my opinion.

But that’s the rub. Lots of ifs.

I think if we take young and pass on a QB and young busts, I think it's a pass, but if we pass on young and watch several players go on to make all pro careers with their franchises, we look like clowns.

46 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

My advice would be to check the math in the pick value, your scenario give or take some points has come up a couple times in this thread, even as a three way trade with Miami and Detroit.

Interesting exercise to take part in. The RG3 trade in 2012, while seen as a massive return for the Rams, it translated to a net point differential of +144.5 for the Rams using the updated (not Jimmy Johnson) trade value chart.

Redskins: 1.2 (717)

Rams: 1.6 (446) + 2.39 (153) + 2013 1st (157.5) + 2014 1st (105) = 861.5

Rams netted 144.5 in pick value

Using that as a basis for this year's #2 pick ...

Dolphins: 1.5 (468) + 1.18 (287) +2.56 (98) = 853

Redskins net 136 in point value

A lot of analysts are saying the Dolphins could try proposing an RG3 type trade. But everyone seems to be jumping to the conclusion that that would include all of their 1sts and maybe even more. But if you use the modern trade chart, an "RG3 style trade" would really only involve 5, 18 and maybe their Late 2nd.

Even more intriguing, is the chart to get Detroit from 3 to 2 would require them to give us their 2nd and 4th to make it even. Maybe we ask for less since we know we could still get Chase, but if we are truly working the phones and interested in moving off of #2 ... and Detroit ends up wanting to try to get Tua, we might be able to truly get #3 from their along with their 2nd pretty easily.

Detroit: 1.3 (514) + 2.35 (170) + 4.99 (36) = 720

Redskins net 3 points

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Right, Julio AND Matt Ryan missed the playoffs this year. Von Miller hasnt been to the playoffs in four seasons straight now.  I can dig the we need more elite players and it will help adding one, but like you said, adding one doesnt really guarantee anything, which is why I want this conversation about Youngs affect on the franchise the breaks pumped a little.

To me it's not whether one player makes a difference.  And when I look at other teams I only look at ones with a similar context.  Albert Breer among others have pointed out the similarities of the SF defense to ours.   SF defense was poor in 2018, 23rd according to Football Outsiders.  This year it raised to #2.  Nick Bosa was a big part of that.

If this was the 2016 D line, I wouldn't feel as fired up, I wouldn't think Young in that context would have the same domino effect because the dominos at DT were weak.  When you read about SF, Bosa mentioned in the context of the domino effect is a big part of the story.   A guy who covers SF was on Keim's podcast who elaborated on how the D line's emergence also had a ripple effect on the secondary.  They can play 7 in coverage.  And QB's threw more panicked throws. 

More then fair, and like I keep saying, I'm not going to bash Youngs potential to make my points.  No one is going to win a debate insinuating hes not worth the #2 pick, he is, but if they can get a dominat pass rusher in the line to help make the team better, do they have to be a potential HOF'r?

I think adding a dominant D lineman is key.  I think for example having Strahan made Osi, Tuck better.   Orkapo or Kerrigan along with Osi and Tuck I don't think would have harassed Brady in the SB quite the same. 

You need a dude that you got to game plan for IMO.  I rarely see Kerrigan double teamed.  He's not that kind of player.  You often see one of our D tackles double teamed.   I read somewhere that Ionnadis was double teamed on over 50% of his plays.  Kerrigan or a player of his ilk isn't changing that.    We've had good pass rushers, heck sometimes even at the same time like Orkapo and Kerrigan but not great ones.

In the teams heyday they had both Mann and Manley coming at you.  I think Sweat and Young could develop into something similar.

I dont care how popular they are if they are winning.  Patriots lately have had defenses that overwhelm folks without household names, theyve been doing that since early the early 2000s defensive players retired.

This again to me is the gravy point not a main one by any stretch but to respond.  NE has the biggest household name in the NFL. Tom Brady is a household name.  One of my closest friend's who is a Giants fan has a son who is an obnoxious Pats fan (its a running joke with us) just because he loves Brady.  I can share other stories like that.  I don't think we got that dude that excited the next generation of fans.  This is me speaking as a dad as opposed to a fan.  but I'd like to have a player for a change that is a star, national stage name.   I know its a quirky thing that has nothing to do with winning -- but I do think in seasons where you don't win, it helps to have some star power to generate next genetation fans and bring casual fans to the stands.  The Giants have stunk for years but especially their young fans have been giddy about Beckham and now Barkley -- its made the team relevant even when they haven't been winning.

I recall a year ago the GMF people addressed a viewer on twitter who said why do they continually talk about some teams and ignore others.    So their sarcastic response centered on the two teams who were so boring they wouldn't even have to elaborate to viewers on the point, one of those teams was the Redskins.

In 2012, joking that the Redskins are irrelevant and no one wants to hear anything about them would have been comical. They got plenty of attention.  Now, it's almost conventional wisdom that it's a yawn team nationally.  We got to win I agree to turn that tide.  But it's tough to win every year and having a little star power for a change I think would help in those years.  

When we hear Landon Collins say he wanted to be a Redskin and was a fan because of Sean, Santana, and Portis -- that made sense to me, I recall that era.  Sean was an emerging star.  And Portis and Santana weren't quite stars but also not a mile away.  They were at least household type names.

Yeah a Redskins team led by Kerrigan or whomever without a mega talented elite player that goes 12-4 will make them relevant again.  But what if they go 9-7?  I think this team needs a jolt and having a star player would give them a unique and unusual jolt.   

When was the last time the Redskins had the most talked about college player in the draft?  Really never in my lifetime.  RG3 maybe was that and when he was at his peak, this franchise arguably was at the peak of fandom during Dan's era.  

Is Young the elite player he's billed to be?  I think so.  And if he's that great and also creates a mega buzz.  He can be just what the doctor ordered for an organization that's bleeding fans.  Heck even Rivera who is brimming with optimism said the other day it could take 2-3 seasons to get the Redskins fans back. 

And it's not about what I think about it.  I'd debate with you all whose better Rex Grossman or John Beck and love every minute of it.   We aren't the norm.  We don't need any sexy stars on the team to drive conversation about them or turn on the TV and watch them.  But plenty of casual fans seem to be driven at least in part by having some star power.  We got some potential on that count, will see.  

Archived