Renegade7

What Offer Would Change Your Mind on Trading Down???

Trade offer to change your mind on trading down???  

214 members have voted

  1. 1. Trade offer to change your mind on trading down???

    • Has to be MORE then accepted trade package to get RG3
    • Has to be AT LEAST the accepted trade package to get RG3
    • Would be willing to accept LESS then accepted trade package to get RG3
    • There's nothing that can convince me to trade down, stop trying, unplug the phone
    • Only if you can convince me of an impossible scenario where we can still get Chase Young, good luck
    • I don't know
    • I don't care


Recommended Posts

I think my order of preference is:


1.  Trade with Detroit and still land Young, even if we only get a minimal return on the trade. 

2.  Trade back with Miami for all 3 1st rounders, probably draft Okudah at 5, trade back from 18 and/or 26 to add picks (can’t know if a trade back will be possible with 18/26 though, so really, I’d move on to...

3.  Draft Young at #2. 
4.  Trade back with Miami for 5, either 18 or 26, plus their 2021 1st (should be a pretty high pick, so we have ammo to move up for Lawrence if it comes to that).
5.  A big haul for trading back with LAC or LVR (etc).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would have to be the most lopsided trade in sports history for me to even think about it.

 

Stop overthinking it. We need GAME CHANGERS. Having a bunch of B players just means we cap out at 7-9.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, skinny21 said:

I think my order of preference is:


1.  Trade with Detroit and still land Young, even if we only get a minimal return on the trade. 

 

Bad idea, they don't need a QB this year. Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson and Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State will go 1 & 2 in the 2021 draft. They will take Chase if we switch with Detroit.

Edited by ClaytoAli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am changing my mind......how about this curveball?

Miami's #5,#26, #36 and 2021 1st rounder and sweeten the pot with Josh Rosen.  Just a thought😎. I will say that all the back amd fprth on this thread his is a great dilemma to have......all will be well, HTTR!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

I am changing my mind......how about this curveball?

Miami's #5,#26, #36 and 2021 1st rounder and sweeten the pot with Josh Rosen.  Just a thought😎. I will say that all the back amd fprth on this thread his is a great dilemma to have......all will be well, HTTR!!! 

 

Anything is possible, but it's hard for me to see Miami giving up three 1st-round picks to move up three spots for a player that may very well fall in their laps.  Why would they decide to wait?

 

- The Bengals will more than likely draft Burrow for obvious reasons

- The Redskins will draft the consensus best player in the draft

- Detroit really is not interested in drafting Tua due to injury concerns (Detroit would concern me some)

- The Giants don't need a QB (a trade here would concern me however)

- Would anyone realistically trade ahead of them for an injured QB?

 

So, why not wait for him to fall to them?

 

 

Edited by cakmoney61
Added the reasons for waiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You take Chase Young. You take the playmaker, the guy that will make other guys on defense better. Look at SF for the blueprint. This should not be overthought.

 

I don't see a scenario where three extra picks will have the impact Young has for this team. Especially now that JDR is in the building. All the pieces are coming together. Only Bruce Allen would blow this opportunity away for more picks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say this.. I would be all for trading down, IF Isiah Simmons had the attitude that Sean Taylor had, he would be the closest thing to him athletically.

But he doesn't have that killer edge. He plays a little soft, meaning that he doesn't want to punish people.. maybe the game has changed and his mentality is part of that.

Taylor wanted to punish people, but he did it cleanly. The guy never lead with his helmet, always a big shoulder hitter.

 

With all that being said, I do see Young as having that attitude, and being an elite athlete as well.

Don't overcomplicate things. Take Young.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

 

Bad idea, they don't need a QB this year. Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson and Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State will go 1 & 2 in the 2021 draft. They will take Chase if we switch with Detroit.

It was implied that trading with Detroit is contingent upon them taking a qb - ie, only if we’re guaranteed to still have Young on the board at 3.  
I tend to agree that they don’t go with a qb, but there are a lot of factors at play.  The big ones, IMO, are Stafford’s salary and the fact that they might have to spend a lot more resources to move up next year as opposed to staying put and taking one this year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I look the more I like Chase but three #1s + is almost too good for a team with as many holes as we have.  A 1st round DB, first round OL, and a first round LB would fill some glaring holes.  I don’t think we will get that offer and I will be very happy taking Chase #2, but if we do I think I would have to take it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Young and would generally take Young, but there is a point where it becomes worth it to trade down. And I think that point is even less than what the Redskins gave up for RGIII. Maybe not by a whole lot, but the right boatload of picks could be worth it. I don' t think it happens. And it would take the right team and the right offer, but nothing's impossible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My instinct isn't to trade down.  But following the Dolphins part of the method to the madness according to some of their beat guys have been to accumulate picks in part to offer a ridiculously good deal if need be to land their target.

 

So lets say the Dolphins offered their first two #1's and #2 and next year's #1, I'd do it.  Having said that I doubt the Dolphins would offer that much.  But if they grossly overpaid, I'd do it.

 

On talk radio for example Paulsen said he's not an advocate of trading but if the Dolphins offered two of their first round picks, that would be hard to resist -- I don't get that, I'd easily resist that.  It would be a hard no for me.  But three #1's and a #2, I might pull the trigger.  So basically the RG3 deal but a little better than the RG3 deal because two of the first round picks come immediately versus it being spread over 3 years. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Nothing.

 

This is a bad idea.

 

So if Miami were crazy enough to offer three first rounder and a second rounder this year to get our #2 pick and our third rounder, thatd be a bad idea?

 

If we traded down one spot to get a second rounder and still got Young thatd be a bad idea, too?

 

If we did both as a three team trade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as chase doesn't land with the eagles or cowboys I'm fine. In regards to the trade scenario. I would have to imagine the giants would pick him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

It would have to be the most lopsided trade in sports history for me to even think about it.

 

Stop overthinking it. We need GAME CHANGERS. Having a bunch of B players just means we cap out at 7-9.

 

These are first rounders we talking about, why is the assumption they will be B players if they arent Chase Young?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, crabbypatty said:

 

Don't overcomplicate things. Take Young.

Ain't nuttin complicated thinkin about building your team in one draft...

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

 

These are first rounders we talking about, why is the assumption they will be B players if they arent Chase Young?

So what would we recieve?...we pick at 2 the phins at 5 18 and what ever the other one is...they would jump to 2 from 5 and we would get...???..there 5th 18th and the later 1st round pick?.. how many first round picks do the Dolphins have this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Ain't nuttin complicated thinkin about building your team in one draft...

So what would we recieve?...we pick at 2 the phins at 5 18 and what ever the other one is...they would jump to 2 from 5 and we would get...???..there 5th 18th and the later 1st round pick?.. how many first round picks do the Dolphins have this year?

 

Dolphins pick 5,18,26 = 3300 points

 

Our #2 is worth 2600 points, our third to help keep things honest is 260. With or without our third rounder, that's what the overpay looks like. 

 

To me, getting Miamis first rounders sound crazy, but if the point was for a trade up, that means they arent against it.  I'm not against adding something else to make it happen (Trent, pick next year maybe) to help make sure we still have ammo to trade back up to get Young, but if they are desperate, we might not have to.

 

Detroit has #3 which is 2200 points.  If we packaged the #5 and #18, that's 2600 points. If we keep our third and give it to Detroit instead of Miami, thats 2860 points.  Detroits #3 and their second rounder is 2750 points.

 

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

 

If it's possible to do a three way trade with Miami and Detroit that costs us a third rounder, but gets us Chase, the #26 pick and a high second rounder, we should try. I dont see Detroit forcing us to overpay because neither us nor New York needs a QB, they can fall back to five and still get Hibbert.

 

Anyone is welcome to check my math, that's not my strength, so posted the link again.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

 

These are first rounders we talking about, why is the assumption they will be B players if they arent Chase Young?

Because in this draft there is a BIG drop off after Burrow and Young. The 5th pick MIGHT be a good player. At 18 and 26 you're taking more Jonathan Allens and Daron Payne types. Good players sure, but you don't win championships without blue chip studs. Of course there is a chance you get a stud at those picks sure, but the %s aren't great.

 

At #2 you're getting a SURE FIRE blue chipper barring injury or something catastrophic. That's worth its weight in gold.

 

Go back to the RG3 trade. What did the Rams get with all those picks? Absolute squadoosh. We got a blue chip QB who unfortunately got injured(among other things).

 

People overrate the hell out of trading down. It makes sense in the mid to low rounds when the difference in talent is negligible. In the upper rounds you're better off staying at the top if you're there and getting the blue chipper. You can try to find decent roster fillers and starters later.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Because in this draft there is a BIG drop off after Burrow and Young. The 5th pick MIGHT be a good player. At 18 and 26 you're taking more Jonathan Allens and Daron Payne types. Good players sure, but you don't win championships without blue chip studs. Of course there is a chance you get a stud at those picks sure, but the %s aren't great.

 

At #2 you're getting a SURE FIRE blue chipper barring injury or something catastrophic. That's worth its weight in gold.

 

Go back to the RG3 trade. What did the Rams get with all those picks? Absolute squadoosh. We got a blue chip QB who unfortunately got injured(among other things).

 

People overrate the hell out of trading down. It makes sense in the mid to low rounds when the difference in talent is negligible. In the upper rounds you're better off staying at the top if you're there and getting the blue chipper. You can try to find decent roster fillers and starters later.

 

Man, I wished you didnt use Griffin as an example of how a #2 pick is sure fire blue chip.  And the Rams are idiots, thats their own fault they suck at scouting or developing players. Hell one of the picks they got from us ended up becoming a #2 overall and they screwed that up, too.

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Robinson_(offensive_tackle)

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Because in this draft there is a BIG drop off after Burrow and Young. The 5th pick MIGHT be a good player. At 18 and 26 you're taking more Jonathan Allens and Daron Payne types. Good players sure, but you don't win championships without blue chip studs. Of course there is a chance you get a stud at those picks sure, but the %s aren't great.

 

At #2 you're getting a SURE FIRE blue chipper barring injury or something catastrophic. That's worth its weight in gold.

 

 

 

 

 

 

At 5, youre still guaranteed Simmons or okudah, assuming Miami trades up to take Tau.  Both of those guys are legit talents, and im willing to say Simmons has the talent to effect a defense as much as Young does.  Im not saying hes better or as much of anything, but hes got the skillset to take away the other teams best weapon against 28 of the 31 other teams.  

 

Hes a matchup neutralizer

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only trade I would do is with Detroit. This scenario happens if they are moving on from Stafford and are worried about a team trading up for Tua. We still choose Chase Young at #3 of course. 

 

No idea what it would net us, probably a 3rd round pick or something but it's literally the only one I would do. Nobody else in the draft will change the team like Young will. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skinsota said:

Peter King thinks we should trade down. 

That should eliminate this as an option now. 

 

So true.

 

King just wants the Redskins to trade down so his Giants will have a chance at Chase Young.

 

King is a clown.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

The only trade I would do is with Detroit. This scenario happens if they are moving on from Stafford and are worried about a team trading up for Tua. We still choose Chase Young at #3 of course. 

 

No idea what it would net us, probably a 3rd round pick or something but it's literally the only one I would do. Nobody else in the draft will change the team like Young will. 

 

Swap with Detroit would be the easiest and safest, but a third rounder from Detroit wouldnt equal or be more then the points for our #2.  Theyd need to offer their #3 and second rounder for our #2 at minimum or wed lose the trade from points value standpoint and it wouldnt be worth it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

 

Swap with Detroit would be the easiest and safest, but a third rounder from Detroit wouldnt equal or be more then the points for our #2.  Theyd need to offer their #3 and second rounder for our #2 at minimum or wed lose the trade from points value standpoint and it wouldnt be worth it.

Value-wise a 2nd rounder is fair, but our scenario is a bit different since we lose nothing. The reason why you probably can't get a 2nd round pick is because Detroit knows we want Chase Young and we'll still get him at #3. We really wouldn't have much leverage unless our phones were blowing up from teams wanting to trade up. Any trade from 2 to 3 is worth it if we still get Chase Young, we literally lose nothing and gain a free pick. I think if we get too greedy Detroit would probably just take their chances and not trade at all knowing that the Redskins are targeting Chase Young. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.