Renegade7

What Offer Would Change Your Mind on Trading Down???

Trade offer to change your mind on trading down???  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Trade offer to change your mind on trading down???

• Has to be MORE then accepted trade package to get RG3
    • Has to be AT LEAST the accepted trade package to get RG3
    • Would be willing to accept LESS then accepted trade package to get RG3
    • There's nothing that can convince me to trade down, stop trying, unplug the phone
    • Only if you can convince me of an impossible scenario where we can still get Chase Young, good luck
    • I don't know
    • I don't care

10 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Yea, I'm going to need a Herschel Walker type offer before I even think about accepting a trade down... and that'd only be with the Lions at #3 LOL

Ha!

If we’re assured of still getting Young at 3 in a trade with Detroit... I’m taking anything they offer - a 7th?  Sure!  All gravy at that point.  

My one caveat is if the Detroit GM is on the hot seat.  While I don’t think any team would take the risk of lying to and back stabbing another team, if landing Young let’s him keep his job - well, no telling what someone will do to stay in power... (I’d offer examples, but they all belong strictly in the Tailgate)

• Like 1

This number of acceptable picks in trade may be a bit of a moving target. The news of Dunbar wanting to be traded, and the like, make responsible management mandate that all offers are considered. Free agency success in filling holes makes CY an obvious target, but having a net loss in team talent may necessitate considering giving up the CY dream in order to build a team.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

This number of acceptable picks in trade may be a bit of a moving target. The news of Dunbar wanting to be traded, and the like, make responsible management mandate that all offers are considered. Free agency success in filling holes makes CY an obvious target, but having a net loss in team talent may necessitate considering giving up the CY dream in order to build a team.

I hear ya, but think I disagree.  Drafting has to be focused most on the long range prosperity of the team. If they really think Young is LT reincarnated then you can't  pass on him even if it means you will suffer this year. If you use the draft to shore up only immediate needs you wind up passing on much better players.

The only way you don't take the deal is if someone offers you the Herschel Walker trade or the Ricky Waters trade or the RGIII trade. It's got to be a bounty so big that you can restock the entire team.

On a different, but related note, this team has a bunch of good players (esp. on D) but very few players that make either an opposing DC or OC lose sleep. Terry may be our only scary player. You need a few greats along with the goods and the glue guys. So far, Allen, Payne, and Ionadis are in the good/very good range, but none of them are great. Moreau as an outside corner may be pretty good, Mooreland as a slot corner might be pretty good. Dunbar, when healthy, was pretty good. All of those pretty goods together amounted to one of the worst defenses in the league. What that tells me is we need better play calling/coaching and we need some greats.

8 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I hear ya, but think I disagree.  Drafting has to be focused most on the long range prosperity of the team. If they really think Young is LT reincarnated then you can't  pass on him even if it means you will suffer this year. If you use the draft to shore up only immediate needs you wind up passing on much better players.

The only way you don't take the deal is if someone offers you the Herschel Walker trade or the Ricky Waters trade or the RGIII trade. It's got to be a bounty so big that you can restock the entire team.

On a different, but related note, this team has a bunch of good players (esp. on D) but very few players that make either an opposing DC or OC lose sleep. Terry may be our only scary player. You need a few greats along with the goods and the glue guys. So far, Allen, Payne, and Ionadis are in the good/very good range, but none of them are great. Moreau as an outside corner may be pretty good, Mooreland as a slot corner might be pretty good. Dunbar, when healthy, was pretty good. All of those pretty goods together amounted to one of the worst defenses in the league. What that tells me is we need better play calling/coaching and we need some greats.

Collins is pretty good too... Guice is someone you need to gameplan for, but he need to be healthy first.

I actually, as loud as I have been beating the drum about possibly trading back, agree with  you regarding not passing on special players.  The trade back scenarios that I would be open to, are in that RG3 trade range.  3 first round picks, including no. 5 overall this year, and a likely top 10 pick next year.  Multiple picks in the top 1/2 of the 1st round over 2 seasons.  That's a big time trade.  I also value Isaiah Simmons higher than most (thanks to @KDawg for pointing him out weeks ago).  I honestly feel Simmons has the talent, and physical ability to effect a defense on a very similar level to Young.  That's not to say he's better, or more talented, just that he's got the skillset and ability to have the same LEVEL of impact, just in a different way.  Simmons is almost a lock to be there at 5 unless NYG zigs instead of zags.  If we can add multiple first round picks, AND get a guy like Simmons, we're talking about adding elite level talent, difference making talent, as well as adding MULTIPLE foundation building pieces.  If we pull off that trade,  it's very possible that we end up with Isaiah Simmons, Xavier McKinney, and Bryce Hall.  You've added elite talent, a starting FS and a starting CB.... THAT has more impact than Chase Young does on your defense.... And that doesn't factor in a top 10 pick NEXT year. 

• Like 1

I could be okay with that. I don't really follow college football closely enough to have an informed opinion, but I do know that it's really easy to overthink things and fool ourselves by second guessing what we thought we knew. So, if everyone says Chase Young is a Godzilla level monster then I think you stick with that even if you find a few off plays or one bad game. If Simmons is Dracula type monster, that certainly doesn't suck (sorry, I love bad puns.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Let's say Miami moves up to #3 for Tua. 

Do we draft Tua and hold him hostage for Miami to pick CY and make a player trade plus draft picks? 

Would top 5 teams make deals with each other so they can all acquire the players they want and keep other teams from jumping up? 

Is work really boring today? Yes! yes it is. 

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Dream scenario would be swapping the 2nd for the third, with Lions wanting Tua...

Or getting all of Miami’s 1st round picks. Really hope the Stafford trade happens, it's a no lose situation for the Redskins. 

HTTR 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

Or getting all of Miami’s 1st round picks. Really hope the Stafford trade happens, it's a no lose situation for the Redskins. 

HTTR 

The Lions GM this morning denied the rumors, so who knows?  From what I understand they take a major cap hit by trading Stafford. 

Yep. They're trading Stafford. I think we are in the perfect position now to get Detroit to swap 2 and 3 with us for a "discount" ... heck they could probably "make out" by getting more for Stafford than they'd have to give us for #2.

Could they get #1 from the Pats? Both of Indianapolis' #2 picks?

What if the Colts trade Brissett and a 2nd to the Lions for Stafford? Then Detroit turns around and trades us a 2nd and #3 for #2 and takes Tua.

Lions give: Matt Stafford, #3

Lions get: Tua, Brissett

35 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Stafford pre-6/1 Trade

This isn't a counter point, rther a point of clarification to something I keep seeing thrown around:

Because there is no CBA at this point, there is no difference between pre and post 6/1 cuts and trades.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FrFan said:

Lions Cap Space: $45,065,888

Stafford pre-6/1 Trade

2020 Dead Cap: $32,000,000

2020 Cap Savings: $-10,700,000

The Lions do have several contracts that they can easily restructure/extend/get out of. Eating another 10mil on Stafford won’t be the deciding factor.

If they want to move on, he’s done. Otherwise he stay. That won’t be a 2020 cap driven decision.

9 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Lol... WalterFootball's latest mock has us trading #2 to Miami for #5 and their second rounder.

That would be about the only thing we could do that would actually piss me off

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

Lol... WalterFootball's latest mock has us trading #2 to Miami for #5 and their second rounder.

Dear WalterFootball,

Miami has the #5 pick, not the #3. Now, while we probably get someone at #5, 2.1 is a huge question mark.

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

But why?  Lose out on Young.....just for a 2nd round pick.

7 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Yep. They're trading Stafford. I think we are in the perfect position now to get Detroit to swap 2 and 3 with us for a "discount" ... heck they could probably "make out" by getting more for Stafford than they'd have to give us for #2.

Could they get #1 from the Pats? Both of Indianapolis' #2 picks?

What if the Colts trade Brissett and a 2nd to the Lions for Stafford? Then Detroit turns around and trades us a 2nd and #3 for #2 and takes Tua.

Lions give: Matt Stafford, #3

Lions get: Tua, Brissett

So the Lions get rid of their proven NFL QB who was having an All Pro level season before having to go on IR and who is apparently going to be 100% to start the season, take a dead cap hit of $32,000,000, so they can move up to draft an unproven QB prospect with an injury history and who is still rehabbing from surgery after a devastating injury that ended his college season?

Seems legit. 

• Haha 1

That’s a huge dead cap hit. Perhaps they are just trying to find out his value right now. Would make sense for them to hold on to him next year, draft Tua and red shirt him for a year. Then move on from Stafford next year. I could Def see that happening. 

Sounds like it is probably a far fetched rumor about Stafford. If not, I would want Stafford here if he is available. Make Detroit trade us Stafford and there 2nd to move up to pick #2 for Tua. We could throw in a 5th rounder or something to sweeten the pot.

Skins get. #3 overall and select Chase, Lion's 2nd #35 overall, and Stafford. 

Lions get. #2 overall and select Tua, and Redskin's 5th #130 overall.

Deal

13 hours ago, Lovi said:

That’s a huge dead cap hit. Perhaps they are just trying to find out his value right now. Would make sense for them to hold on to him next year, draft Tua and red shirt him for a year. Then move on from Stafford next year. I could Def see that happening. 

Ya. I'm leaning towards too much smoke not to be fire.  It makes sense to say that's a lot of dead cap, but they only won 3 games last year. Are they really going to miss it if they get it out the way now?

And again, Stafford has a spinal cord injury that camt be fix via surgery.  I'd say Lions know more then they want to know that's why them doing due diligence keeps getting leaked

Edited by Renegade7

I wonder how much fun it must be to have just enough followers that you can chuck bull**** at the wall all day and watch some of it stick, and just sit back and laugh as people speculate on nothing but the nonsense you just made up.

• Like 3

Honestly I'd love it to be RG3 trade, but I wouldn't hold a deal up with it, if I can get multiple good picks evne if value doesn't match on chart.