Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

On 3/3/2021 at 12:01 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

So earlier tonite, I took my puppy out for a walk, around 7:30.  I'm home alone for the week, the girlfriend is at a funeral so I'm holding it down here with the puppy and trying to keep the house in one piece.

Anyway, our backyard backs up to an empty lot that's partially wooded.  It's an average neighborhood, quarter acre lots, some older homes mixed in with some newer ones.  Past the wooded lot is a cul-de-sac.  If there was a house built on this empty lot, the house would face the cul-de-sac.  

It's dark out, I flipped on the porch light but that doesn't provide any great light past 10 feet off the porch.  The puppy pulls me out the door, off the porch and into our yard.  At the back of our yard, adjacent to the empty lot is a thigh-high rinky-dink fence that doesn't do anything more than delineate the property line.  So the puppy is a couple feet away from the fence pulling on the leash and is all worked up.  And all of a sudden I hear a voice.

"Hi."

I couldn't tell where it was coming from and I looked over my shoulder to my left.  There's a guy that lives on the adjacent street off the cul-de-sac who's disabled and has a dog that he walks around the neighborhood and he usually cuts through our driveway and yard to get home.  It's not ideal but he picks up after his dog and also does really nice stuff like haul our recycle bins from the street.  I'm looking for him but I don't see him.

"Over here."  I look in front of me, about 25 feet past the fence, standing on the edge of the woods on the empty lot is a man, but not the man that walks his dog through our yard.  And it's dark out, but the cul-de-sac has a streetlight that partially lights this guy.  I can see enough to tell that he's a white guy, about 6 feet tall, slim build, glasses, grayish hair and he had on a blue or purple pullover fleece/sweatshirt.  

"Didn't mean to scare you," he said.

"Ah, well...you sure did a good job of it."  Now, my girlfriend and her mother (who owns the house we live in and rents it out to us) know the guy who owns this lot.  Apparently he's been talking about building on it for years and I'd seen him out there this past summer.  I figured it could be him and he was going to introduce himself.  From where he's standing, he could have directly seen into our kitchen and two bedrooms had the lights been on and the blinds up.  And he could have probably seen into our neighbors house directly to our left.

"It's a nice night out," he said.

"Yup, sure is," I replied.  "Nicer than it was earlier."

And after a pause he just said "Well, have a good evening," and he turned around and started walking into the cul-de-sac, kind of towards the house on the other side, for a minute I thought he might be the guy that lives in that house.  But then he turns left and starts running down the street which is a giant hill.   And I'm like, what the **** is going on, who is this guy?  And where's he going?

My puppy is doing her business but after she finishes up I run with her over to the cul-de-sac and stand at the top of the hill and by this point he's three quarters of the way down, still running.  By this point I'm assuming he's not going into any of the houses.  Sure enough, he passes under a streetlight at the bottom of the hill and into a shadow, I couldn't see if he turned right or left.

Ran back into the house and thought about calling the cops.  Instead, called the girlfriend and she said the owner of that lot always drives up to it, parks his car into the cul-de-sac and also doesn't live anywhere else in the neighborhood so it definitely wasn't him.  She told me to go to the neighbors house who are adjacent to the left of the empty lot and tell them what I saw and see if they've seen anything.  I've said hi to these neighbors a few times before but certainly don't know them.  They seem nice and are probably in their late 50s to early 60s.

I walk over there, ring the doorbell, the wife answers and I tell her what I saw.  And then the husband comes to the door and I explained it to him, too.  These neighbors have deer cameras, one on a fence that's by their garage and another one on a tree in that wooded lot, I guess this is something you do when you're retired and bored.  He explained to me that he saw a giant buck there and wanted to keep track of the deer family that lives in the woods on that empty lot.  Then he proceeded to explain to me that he's seen this person in that lot a few times this winter on his deer cameras.

Now...these people are being as friendly as can be so I didn't want to upset them by getting angry but the first thing that came to my mind (as I'm sure it's come to yours) is "You've seen this ****ing guy standing in that lot that's right next to your house and can easily see into our house and you DIDN'T ****ING THINK TO SAY ANYTHING TO US?"  I asked him if he'd been able to make anything out from the deer camera, but it's infrared, so it's more just of a shape.  We speculate on who it could be (random peeping Tom, homeless guy, ax murderer, rapist, whatever) and then I told them to let me know when he shows up on their deer camera again.  

Went back inside, definitely called the cops.  They came out a few minutes later, I walked them through what I saw.  They said they'd circled the neighborhood but hadn't seen anyone.

Needless to say, I'm not getting a lot of sleep tonight.  Seriously, what the ****ing ****?  How many times have my girlfriend or I walked the puppy at night, only to have some weirdo standing in the shadows not too far away?  Has he been trying to look in our house?  And why the hell would our neighbors not say anything?  Super uneasy all the way around.

Update if anyone gives a ****:

Last night I busted out the grill to make some burgers and I saw the guy again, right around the same time this went down last week.  He walks up the cul-de-sac and starts walking around it, kinda going into the grass in the lot and just acting ****ing weird.  It's weird behavior, no other way to describe it.  Eventually he stops walking around and then starts what looks like to be that thing you did when you were a kid, "head, shoulders, knees and toes," but in a really rapid way, like calisthenics.  The girlfriend is back home, and she's like "That's ****ing weird, I'm calling the cops."  And it was weird, the guys just standing in the shadows in this cul-de-sac and kinda hanging out, it was going on for about 10 minutes.

Then he takes off jogging down the hill again.  Cops haven't shown up yet, burgers are done, we go inside to eat.  A few minutes later the cops knock on the door and sure enough they nabbed the guy a few streets over.

Turns out, it IS the guy that owns the lot back there.  We're telling the cop on our doorstep the events of last week and last night and he's on his radio with his partner who picked up the guy and he starts laughing.  According to the partner the guy is "definitely weird" but it is the owner of the lot...soooooooo we felt like assholes.  But at the same time we agreed that if that dude ever ends up building a house on that lot, we're sticking a for sale sign in our front yard.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Update if anyone gives a ****:

Last night I busted out the grill to make some burgers and I saw the guy again, right around the same time this went down last week.  He walks up the cul-de-sac and starts walking around it, kinda going into the grass in the lot and just acting ****ing weird.  It's weird behavior, no other way to describe it.  Eventually he stops walking around and then starts what looks like to be that thing you did when you were a kid, "head, shoulders, knees and toes," but in a really rapid way, like calisthenics.  The girlfriend is back home, and she's like "That's ****ing weird, I'm calling the cops."  And it was weird, the guys just standing in the shadows in this cul-de-sac and kinda hanging out, it was going on for about 10 minutes.

Then he takes off jogging down the hill again.  Cops haven't shown up yet, burgers are done, we go inside to eat.  A few minutes later the cops knock on the door and sure enough they nabbed the guy a few streets over.

Turns out, it IS the guy that owns the lot back there.  We're telling the cop on our doorstep the events of last week and last night and he's on his radio with his partner who picked up the guy and he starts laughing.  According to the partner the guy is "definitely weird" but it is the owner of the lot...soooooooo we felt like assholes.  But at the same time we agreed that if that dude ever ends up building a house on that lot, we're sticking a for sale sign in our front yard.

Shouldn't feel like an asshole, you did the right thing.  Guy should've identified himself as the owner of the lot when y'all had the initial small talk.  That's straight up sketchy, like dude could've been taking note of homeowners routines and things they own that he sees thru windows.  He still could be doing that.

There's a weirdo right across the road from my job who we've had issues with.  Hasn't done anything weird lately because he knows we are on the lookout.

I think its good that dude in your case got checked.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Spiffy is living in a Mickalino thread. :ols:

Whatever happened to that guy?  Real man of Tailgate genius there.  This place was a better place when he was around.

I think the last thing he did was making a thread about taking photos of unsuspecting women in public which people here (rightfully) jumped on him for.  His thread about all the vitamins he was taking each day was a classic, too.

Ask Mickalino anything: 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Whatever happened to that guy?  Real man of Tailgate genius there.  This place was a better place when he was around.

I think the last thing he did was making a thread about taking photos of unsuspecting women in public which people here (rightfully) jumped on him for.  His thread about all the vitamins he was taking each day was a classic, too.

Ask Mickalino anything: 

I seem to remember a running joke where most of the replies he got had nothing to do with what he said.  People would just hit him with an equivilant of the Doc/ankles jokes.

Yall remember Big Mike?  Wouldn't he get temp banned a lot?  Supposedly dipped out and went to Hogs Haven or whatever forum that is?

So, get this guys. I typically go for a run in my neighborhood where I own a lot on a cul-de-sac I am planning to build on soon (stupid covid has made it hard to find a builder since they're so busy)....anyways, I go running last week to check on my property since I've been told this idiot future neighbor of mine lets his dog **** all over my property. Long story short, as I'm doing my night time run, I see that asshole letting his dog take a **** right on my property....so I try and make small talk with him about the weather, basically to let him know I see him letting his dog **** on my property, but he acts all shifty and weird about it (he also probably has guns), so I figured I'd probably better get back to my run since the conversation was going no where and he was a major douche.

Fast forward to today, I go back to take a look at the property and sure enough - his dog has left multiple piles of **** all over the place. He didn't get the hint and I think he had his dog do it more on purpose to send a message to me. So I do some quick stretches before I go back into my sprints and as I'm reaching the bottom of the hill, I get stopped by a cop asking me 50 questions. Turns out the douche called the cops on me. Not only does he let his dog **** on my property, he calls the cops on me in my own neighborhood.

I'm planning my next move now....I think I'm going to leave a flaming bag of his dog's poop on his doorstep and see how he likes it. How would you guys handle this?

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Bang him. That’s real dominance. 

Your my mister from another sister, my dude from a different brood.  So I'm always gonna tell it to you straight.  Put the roids down.

tenor (1).gif

Edited by Chew
  • Haha 5