Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

18 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

It’s 5 o’clock somewhere.

Fer sure.  Roll one up, brother.  🤙

Happy Friday, RTT fam.  May your drinks be strong and your sexual partners be clean. :pint::kiss-smileys:

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

@d0ublestr0ker0ll That binder is a really cool idea, I might have to steal that. A little harder now that cans are becoming more popular.

Brought the nostalgia when I looked thru it last night.

Taking those lables off was quite a task.  Most of them are very tough to get off without messing the lable up.  You can connect the tears back up though.  I remember having to give up on a lot of them because they wouldn't come off without being damaged too much.

• Like 1

This **** is bananas!  Yo @Kosher Ham, are you gambling with numbers this big when you're rolling around Charlotte with MJ?

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/antoine-walker-shares-wild-michael-jordan-gambling-story-about-a-36-hour-game-of-spades/

During Thursday's installment of "All Things Covered," Patrick Peterson and Bryant McFadden were joined by former NBA star Antoine Walker, and Walker shared a few classic Jordan gambling stories. Walker started by speaking about a specific time in which the two were playing high stakes spades at a restaurant for 36 straight hours. Yes, that is an entire day and a half:

"When Mike calls, the buy-in goes up a little higher. It's going to be a number that everybody has to bring to the table. I'd say $20,000 just to get in. If you don't have $20,000 to get in, you can't even play. Mike was competitive. I remember one time we played spades for 36 hours. We were playing against two other guys and Mike and I were partners. They had us behind $900,000."

So not only did they play for 36 hours straight, but the money on the table almost hit seven-figure digits at one point. On top of that, Walker shared that this took place right around the time that Jordan was set to announce that he was returning to the Chicago Bulls after a brief minor league baseball stint. Walker claimed that Jordan ended up postponing the scheduled press conference for his NBA return because they were playing spades.

So, how did that spades game end?

"I was leaving for Boston in a couple of days so I had about $100,000 cash. I was always a cash person. MJ had about $200,000 on him, but he sent for $500,000. The other guys we played against had money too. They had us down $900,000 and we got back all the money except for $20,000. Mike did not want to see them win $20,000. They ended up winning $180,000 because he got too tired. He was falling asleep at the table."

When Jordan needed the extra $500,000, he actually sent his nephew to retrieve the money out of his golf bag and bring it to him. Walker said that Jordan instructed his nephew not to let Jordan's wife see him getting the cash.

A 25 cent raise was significant at my poker games back in the day 😆.  We had a 50 cent max raise rule until the last round of the night where it became a dollar.  Biggest reason was because it was a friendly game...the more money involved, the more serious.

Miss it tho.  We played some absolutely amazing types of poker.  Some weren't even poker...like 727.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

A 25 cent raise was significant at my poker games back in the day 😆.  We had a 50 cent max raise rule until the last round of the night where it became a dollar.  Biggest reason was because it was a friendly game...the more money involved, the more serious.

Miss it tho.  We played some absolutely amazing types of poker.  Some weren't even poker...like 727.

We did $10 buy-in games.  I think we started at something like 10 cent small blind 25 cent big blind or some such, but the game was no-limit!  Even so, we'd be up playing until 4 in the morning.

• Like 2

I was just remembering one of those Sundays back in the early 90s...when the pool at the apartments got too hot, some of the older fellas would go into the clubhouse and start up a poker game.  My roommate at the time was a Vietnam vet, and said, "Go get your money, let's see what you've got." and he knew I could play.  I went in with $52 and came out with $230.  :)

• Like 2

@Spaceman Spiff, I carry cash, but not like that. Spades though? Thats a stupid game to bet more than maybe  a stack or two. Would love to see it though. I worked hard to get where I am, that's simply irresponsible to me. Now when I go to Vegas...different story. Careless Kosher comes out. I do pretty well overall though. 

• Haha 1