Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Breath... breath.... It’s Friday...

I’m having to fix the mistakes of numerous people on my team that incorrectly addressed large accounts at my work.  Their note indicated to leave them alone so when I went to review I simply noted they were pending action and I would not make any further changes to their accts they reviewed.  Turns out that incorrect and person above me came at me yesterday and said they understood I was going by their documentation but I have to fix it all because I shouldn’t have trusted the people on my team to correctly address it.  So now on top of all the work I had today I have fix all their stuff today as well by end of the day.  I asked the person above me why I should assume people on my team wouldn’t document what they actually did?  Isn’t that trusting the people on your team?  And if you want to use this as a teaching moment as the person said everyone makes mistakes why not have them fix it? The person above them is CC’ed so I hope they see it.  I guarantee if I did something wrong the person above me giving me **** would absolutely be having me fix it and not be taking the hit.  I’d prefer if this about mistakes I get use it as teaching moment rather than a you foolishly trusted your team now go fix all their stuff moment. 

9 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Speaking as a southpaw, I agree.  Hitting against southpaws is horrible.

Juan Soto is climbing up those ranks for me.

Jim Edmonds.

Curious...do you work it backwards on your kit? 

Like, right-handed...my right is on the hi-hat and left on snare. 

9 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That's cool.  Any chance they fix the logo?  Looks like a seagull flying away.

Will Clark was fantastic.  Lefties have a distinct advantage when it comes to the sweet swing convo.  

You see a Seagull, I see a mighty Eagle.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

You see a Seagull, I see a mighty Eagle.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Mazda-Logo-Feat.-Image1.jpg

36361075-seagull-flying-away-in-a-clear-

I looked it up, it's not even an eagle, don't bull**** me here, TTB.  

The symbol stands for Mazda's determination to “pursue ongoing improvements to drive powerful, continuous growth”, expressed by a pair of wings shaped like a letter M in an oval. The V-shaped wings are also suggestive of Mazda's flexible thinking, creativity, vitality, kindness and resilience.

Sounds like they hired an art student who just finished up their bachelor's and could write a really good artist statement.  I've not once looked at the Mazda logo and said, "Hey, you know what?  That looks like they're really determined to 'pursue ongoing improvements to drive powerful, continuous growth.'  And they're obviously a flexible thinkers that are very creative, full of vitality, kindness and resilience."

I say **** the seagull wings, go back to this cool Wonder Woman looking thing that they had back in the day:

MY36MY59_MazdaLogo_MC_behind201601_7.ts_

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Anyone else get annoyed that “the Christmas season” starts in like October now?  Or that “Black Friday” now means “November”?

It sucks.  I think Nordstrom was the last department store that would stick to it's guns and not put out their Christmas stuff until the day after Thanksgiving. But department stores were rapidly becoming more irrelevant before this year, way more irrelevant now.  That said, I always respected them for that.

• Like 1

We're trying to figure out what to do what to do about Thanksgiving. 

To set the scene, everybody involved takes the virus seriously. Masked up, only go out when you need to, no gatherings, etc.

Thanksgiving would be the four of us, plus my mom, dad, sister and brother. We have been around my mom/dad and sister within the last month. My brother flew in from San Jose but he's getting tested and won't come unless he's negative of course.

My parents are in their 70s and my wife is a cancer survivor, so there are immune system concerns.

Thoughts? Should we cancel in light of the recent uptick? Risk low enough to have a small (8-person) gathering?

25 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

We're trying to figure out what to do what to do about Thanksgiving. 

To set the scene, everybody involved takes the virus seriously. Masked up, only go out when you need to, no gatherings, etc.

Thanksgiving would be the four of us, plus my mom, dad, sister and brother. We have been around my mom/dad and sister within the last month. My brother flew in from San Jose but he's getting tested and won't come unless he's negative of course.

My parents are in their 70s and my wife is a cancer survivor, so there are immune system concerns.

Thoughts? Should we cancel in light of the recent uptick? Risk low enough to have a small (8-person) gathering?

I think it's fine, man. You're a good dude who has an overabundance of common sense, so it seems like minimal risk to me.  

• Thanks 1