Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

10 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Now we know whenever there's something we want done for the forum that we've gotta get Mary on-board.  Mary, can you do anything about getting us unformatted-text reply boxes so we can deal with bb-codes manually like the good old days?

I know what you mean. Unfortunately, I think I used my one card just to keep the band together. ✌

• Like 3

Got accepted into an art show for Gwinnett County GA.  Feels great after getting rejected every stinking year from the Marietta show. And it is a real show - my sister who is a professional artist is also showing there. Only downside - I didn't think I would get in, so I don't have frames made yet.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Got accepted into an art show for Gwinnett County GA.  Feels great after getting rejected every stinking year from the Marietta show. And it is a real show - my sister who is a professional artist is also showing there. Only downside - I didn't think I would get in, so I don't have frames made yet.

When & where? I'm closer to this one. 

1 hour ago, twa said:

I have nothing against hot skanks...just to be clear.

add

I almost posted a hottest skanks pic , but better safe than sorry.

i logged in just to reply to this, o mourner of the babe thread ( edit accurate insult) :)

had that actually occurred you would have experienced a very dramatic change in your posting options, given the length of time you've posted in the tailgate and in this thread

i hoped i wouldn't need to specifically address the "babe" pic thing in the op after all this time, but....

• Haha 1

Drove 900 miles today.  From Singer Island, FL to Midlothian, VA.  Been making this drive once or twice a year for 25 years and never got a ticket.

But I got a ticket today...81 in a 65, and I was less than 100 miles from home.   UGGGHHHH...first ticket in 5+ years.

You might ask “how did they finally catch you, TTB?!?”  “How did they catch the Midnight Rider?”

Well, funny story...When I do these long drives, I roll with Sirius New Wave and Album Tracks.  I hunt for new karaoke selections.  Just sing my brains out to whatever while I’m rolling Jumbo-style thru Kakalaki.

Tonight, near Hopewell, Rio by Duran Duran came on and I cranked it and had a FULL GO.  Breath control, high harmony, cruise at 84...nailing it.

Got so into it, I missed the change to 65 and rolled at least 2 miles before I tried to back it down.  Cop was super nice and cut me a break, really.

Anyhoo, moral of the story is...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

@TryTheBeal! confessional time--i actually did karaoke during a point in time...navy town....80/90's.....i consider it a shameful period

I will fly me, @skinsmarydu, @Spaceman Spiff, and an RTT member of your choice* to Alaska for karaoke night on the company dime if you’ll do Scarlet Begonias (Sublime version).

TRY ME

*except Kosh.  That high roller can pay for himself.

• Haha 5

15 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I will fly me, @skinsmarydu, @Spaceman Spiff, and an RTT member of your choice* to Alaska for karaoke night on the company dime if you’ll do Scarlet Begonias (Sublime version).

TRY ME

Hmmm...I used to work for a Korean company.  It was a small biotech company.  We used to have company dinners with karaoke in Annandale, or Christmas parties at our CEO's house.  Our CEO, an MD, had interned and WVU.  He had a karaoke machine at his house, and whether it was a dinner out, or at his house, always used to sing Country Roads, in a Korean accent.  Those were some of the only times I ever did karaoke, because I can't carry a tune.  But when you've been drinking soju at dinner, followed by Tequila a a karaoke bar, somehow it is not so difficult to convince you to sing.

I'd pay my own way to join you, just for the experience.  :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

After 20+ yrs of being a desktop guy, I am reduced to a laptop and damn, I feel like I just fell out a tree, this **** is not even a little user-friendly or natural to me. 

Touchpad sucks, already plugged in a mouse just to do the smallest things

I can't even imagine how some people do anything on a phone

• Like 4

11 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

TRY ME

it's tempting since i haven't lived in alaska for a very long time :ols:

reading the other posts, here are some of my 'most requested hits' during my streak

secret agent man (j. rivers)

wicked game (isaac)

5 O'Clock World (vogues)

Thunderball (t. jones)

:D

• Like 2

12 hours ago, China said:

Hmmm...I used to work for a Korean company.  It was a small biotech company.  We used to have company dinners with karaoke in Annandale, or Christmas parties at our CEO's house.  Our CEO, an MD, had interned and WVU.  He had a karaoke machine at his house, and whether it was a dinner out, or at his house, always used to sing Country Roads, in a Korean accent.  Those were some of the only times I ever did karaoke, because I can't carry a tune.  But when you've been drinking soju at dinner, followed by Tequila a a karaoke bar, somehow it is not so difficult to convince you to sing.

I'd pay my own way to join you, just for the experience.  :)

Country Road is the only song that I sing well.  

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

it's tempting since i haven't lived in alaska for a very long time :ols:

reading the other posts, here are some of my 'most requested hits' during my streak

secret agent man (j. rivers)

wicked game (isaac)

5 O'Clock World (vogues)

Thunderball (t. jones)

:D

I will go in HARD on some Tom Jones.

I coulda sworn you were currently in Alaska...knocking that off my bucket list was part of the appeal.

Oh well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Stop trying to make Harley Quinn happen.  It's not going to happen. 

I feel like she's one of those fringe characters that no one really cares about except hardcore comic fans.  She doesn't appeal to the masses and therefore they're already fighting with one hand behind their back when trying to make a good movie.  There's just an inherent lack of interest from the start.

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

I feel like she's one of those fringe characters that no one really cares about except hardcore comic fans.  She doesn't appeal to the masses and therefore they're already fighting with one hand behind their back when trying to make a good movie.  There's just an inherent lack of interest from the start.

Right.  I think Hollywood is like "ooh, a hot chick, let's build a franchise around that" but fails to realize that every character is a hot chick if you cast it right, but you need the actual substance to not be complete trash if you want anyone beside the hardcore comic fans to give a ****.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Right.  I think Hollywood is like "ooh, a hot chick, let's build a franchise around that" but fails to realize that every character is a hot chick if you cast it right, but you need the actual substance to not be complete trash if you want anyone beside the hardcore comic fans to give a ****.  

Yep.  I remember watching Suicide Squad at a buddies place and 30 minutes in being like "Hey, this isn't so bad, why's everyone trashing it?" and then it went ahead and turned into the biggest steaming pile of **** ever.  I can't believe that arguably the most annoying character is getting a spin-off movie.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Stop trying to make Harley Quinn happen.  It's not going to happen. 

It was cool at first, back in the 90s, now it's getting out of control.

32 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

They are doing to Harley Quinn what Fox did to Mystique with JLaw, times 10.  Those characters are great in their lane, they dont need their own highways.

• Like 2