Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

18 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Cedar Park TX officially hit it's first 90° temp of the year today. Blue skies and scarce clouds.

Y'all seem to have been getting hammered by storms lately. A few tornado warnings where you're at. How you holding up?

Tulsa is starting to give that stagnant feel again.  No breeze, hot.  Two low-impact tornados have literally hit where I was at the past 4 1/2 years.  A dozen or so have passed closely to the north and south.  None of them major.

/Jinx

2 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Y'all seem to have been getting hammered by storms lately. A few tornado warnings where you're at. How you holding up?

Tulsa is starting to give that stagnant feel again.  No breeze, hot.  Two low-impact tornados have literally hit where I was at the past 4 1/2 years.  A dozen or so have passed closely to the north and south.  None of them major.

/Jinx

Thunder storm today, started just after I got home from getting gas at  $1.35/gal. Good timing! I am 20 miles north west of downtown Austin.

• Like 1

According to the weather app on my phone (which gets it's data from Weather Channel), 

There is a 40% chance of rain at 1PM today

There is a 50% chance of rain at 2PM today.

There is a 10% chance of rain today.  

Somebody seriously needs to learn some math.  

• Like 1

In case you ever wondered about the origins of the Easter Bunny:

What Are the Easter Bunny's Origins? Here's the Fascinating History of the Easter Bunny

The Easter Bunny has long been a well-known and popular symbol associated with the religious holiday — but have you ever wondered about the Easter Bunny's origins, and how exactly the cute, fluffy woodland creature became such a prevalent symbol of Easter?

Surprisingly, there's a lot of history behind the mythical story of an egg-bearing rabbit on Easter Sunday (and it's not just because he's cute!). The Easter Bunny actually has a long and deeply rooted history in the Christian holiday — and even in pagan traditions. Here's what to know about the fascinating origins of the Easter Bunny before you welcome the holiday with chocolate rabbits and plenty of bunny-shaped treats — including where the character comes from, why he's associated with Easter eggs, and how he became such a beloved symbol of the holiday over the years.

The Bible has no mention of a mythical hare who delivers eggs to children on the day of Jesus Christ's resurrection — so how exactly did the Easter Bunny become a prominent symbol of one of Christianity's most important holidays? One theory, according to Time, is that the symbol of the rabbit stems from the ancient pagan tradition believed to have started the celebration of Easter — the festival of Eostre, which honored the goddess of fertility and spring. Supposedly, the goddess's animal symbol was a rabbit, which have long traditionally symbolized fertility due to their high reproduction rates.

As for how the specific character of the Easter Bunny originated in America, History.com reports that it was first introduced in the 1700s by German immigrants in Pennsylvania, who reportedly brought over their tradition of an egg-laying hare named "Osterhase" or "Oschter Haws." As the story goes, the rabbit would lay colorful eggs as gifts to children who were good — so the kids would make nests in which the bunny could leave his eggs, and would even sometimes leave out carrots in case the hare got hungry! Eventually, the custom spread across America to become a widespread Easter tradition — and over time, the fabled bunny's delivery even expanded from just eggs to include other treats such as chocolate and toys.

Click on the link for the full article

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

You know that China uses Tik Tok to spy on the US right?  They send data to the Chinese government.  

The content seems like more of a threat to western civilization than their spying.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I was going to make an appointment with my bank to get some serious stuff handled today, but I'm just not feeling like going anywhere. The whole shower/hair/makeup thing seems daunting. 

Should I do it like Dauntless?

Edited by skinsmarydu

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I was going to make an appointment with my bank to get some serious stuff handled today, but I'm just not feeling like going anywhere. The whole shower/hair/makeup thing seems daunting. 

Should I do it like Dauntless?

Just let the hair go wild and the makeup be crazy, smeared lipstick an extra set of drawn on eyebrows, mascara smears.  That will have the extra benefit of keeping people at least 6 ft away.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Show me the CarFax.

I can’t post it. Seriously, not even the edited version. I’ll pm it to you if you want but you might want to take some time to think about it.. probably discuss it with your loved ones cause you’ll never be the same again. It’s that bad.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1