Sign in to follow this  
China

ESPN: Panthers LB Luke Kuechly announces retirement at 28

Sad news, but i get it

also, some moron on twitter is whining on the Ron Rivera’s statement via the redskins twitter because the redskins are *checks notes* “trying to cash in on something that has nothing to do with them” and “trying to grab attention”. LOLOL how do people like these get by in life being as moronic as they’re being?? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Confused 2

I didn't see that one coming. He's been an outstanding player, and I believe that's the best thing for him (health related). He's riding off into the sunset.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

I don't even remember the guy anymore, but he was pretty good player for San Francisco, defense (not Willis but the other guy.) Anyone recall?  He retired even earlier, Luke has had at least something of a career.  I won't say this is more frequent than in the "past" but at least more frequent than I remember in the 90s/00s, but I'm willing to be proven wrong on that.  This is a big retirement, but I can't say I've followed the game closely enough to know if Kuechly's injuries have hampered his performance or if they've been concussion related.

Ah here's one:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/luke-kuechly-retires-is-early-retirement-in-nfl-a-trend-only-for-the-elite-money-makers/

It makes a few good points, the pension system is better than it was before, these guys are making much more money than greats of the past did, so sticking around for a million dollar payday like Luther Lavay in Any Given Sunday is less likely. 

Forgot about Luck, Willis and Gronkowski too.

Edited by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

3 hours ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

I don't even remember the guy anymore, but he was pretty good player for San Francisco, defense (not Willis but the other guy.) Anyone recall?  He retired even earlier, Luke has had at least something of a career.  

Chris Borland. I think he played one year and was a beast.

• Like 1

I believe CTE is the reason why he is retiring.

Edited by FrFan
  • Sad 3

The first time I remember wanting to hit a cameraman over the head with a tire iron. The man was badly injured. Let him have some ****ing dignity.

• Like 3

On 1/14/2020 at 10:10 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Sad news, but i get it

also, some moron on twitter is whining on the Ron Rivera’s statement via the redskins twitter because the redskins are *checks notes* “trying to cash in on something that has nothing to do with them” and “trying to grab attention”. LOLOL how do people like these get by in life being as moronic as they’re being?? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

We dont do twitter so we have to hear this garbage..why and the hell would you bring it here than?...nobody gives a **** about twitter and Facebook k?...tell your brother/brother in law..GO TITANS!!

3 hours ago, ntotoro said:

The first time I remember wanting to hit a cameraman over the head with a tire iron. The man was badly injured. Let him have some ****ing dignity.

I agree, but when a very tough player like him can break down in tears after a concussion this video should help other players taking CTE extremely seriously

On 1/15/2020 at 6:07 AM, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

I don't even remember the guy anymore, but he was pretty good player for San Francisco, defense (not Willis but the other guy.) Anyone recall? 

Navarro Bowman? 

On 1/29/2020 at 12:29 PM, Busch1724 said:

Navarro Bowman? 

yeah that was the dude that recovered the goal line fumble in the Seattle NFC championship game and shred every CL in his leg so while he’s laying there on his back holding the ball while his foot is smacking him in the hip those ****ing Seahawks are hopping on him trying to rip the ball away and get it from him. I mean the poor man, who could blame him for losing that fumble. 

I saw it once and couldn’t watch again so my memory of the events may be skewed.

what are we talking about? Keuchly? Oh yeah, it’s sad but I’m glad he’s getting out before he is hurt further. He’s an all-timer tho

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1