Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Runnigback Thread..Must bring back Adrian Peterson

bakedtater1

On 1/17/2020 at 10:37 AM, Smurf3 said:

So he can't buy the team? Or he has to come back whether he wants to or not?

Are you serious? AP has major debt issues and doesn’t have nearly enough money to be in position to buy any NFL team. Not to mention, he’d never get approved to buy the Redskins, or any other team for that matter. Snyder isn’t selling. What makes you think Peterson would be a good owner? What makes you think he would want to be a player/owner? You’ve got to be trolling, it’s the only explanation 

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 8:36 AM, Smurf3 said:

I wish AP would buy the 'Skins and be the only player/owner in pro sports history. Bringing him back is a "no brainer". Question is how much does he want to come back and for how much? The fact that he remains their most reliable option speaks for itself and the fact that he even plays for the "Skins is a result of desperation and typical poor draft choices and other player acquisition by you know who.

I like it.

The one thing this team has not had is a major child abuse scandal.

He's already under contract, so yeah, we should keep him. His contract hits it's high with a cap hit of $2.36M, but for the amount we needed him the past 2 seasons I'd say that's extremely good value. 

The one thing I don't like is with him not being a part of the passing game or special teams he's essentially a backup bell cow. Unless Guice is injured he doesn't really give you much. 

22 minutes ago, Unbias said:

The one thing I don't like is with him not being a part of the passing game or special teams he's essentially a backup bell cow. Unless Guice is injured he doesn't really give you much. 

Expect Guice to be injured.

21 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Expect Guice to be injured.

Yep. We are in the unique position that we see AP as a value creating piece because our 2nd rounder can't stay healthy. 

Even when we do something right it's because we also are doing something wrong...

Here's me reacting to the next Guice knee injury: 

charlie-brown-good-grief-gif-5.gif

4 hours ago, hawgboy said:

As opposed to Guice??? How many games has he played in his career? Five?

Nope. We were discussing 3rd down backs. Go back and follow the discussion rather than wasting your time creating arguments that don't exist. CT is an expensive fragile back who has lost a step. Guice is a high ceiling all pupose player on a rookie contact but can't stay healthy. CT's replacement and possibly Guice's insurance would be found in free agency or the draft. Kareem Hunt comes to mind for me if RR thinks he can deal with the drama from the legal issues. He is durable and SUPER talented in all phases of the game.

Absolutely, AP must be here in 2020. He made J. Gruden look like a dummy for benching him.

Just for that, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for next season.

Hunt would be awesome, though. Otherwise, any other good RBs on the market?

We desperately need depth at this position since our other three RBs are very brittle. 

This is going to be interesting to watch.  It’s all about health.  

Guice and Love will be on the team barring off-season injuries.

I have a sneaky suspicion they’re going to sign a RB who is more in the “do it all” mode, either through draft or FA.  Essentially as an insurance policy for Guice/Love.

Where does that leave AP? Dunno.  

It was ludicrous for Jay to inactivate him last year in the opener.  However, the style he excels at is just somewhat different than the others.  So I can see wanting similar styles so it’s easier to interchange the players.  

That said, AP gives you more than a lot of backs can.

18 hours ago, rumplestilskin said:

Nope. We were discussing 3rd down backs. Go back and follow the discussion rather than wasting your time creating arguments that don't exist. CT is an expensive fragile back who has lost a step. Guice is a high ceiling all pupose player on a rookie contact but can't stay healthy. CT's replacement and possibly Guice's insurance would be found in free agency or the draft. Kareem Hunt comes to mind for me if RR thinks he can deal with the drama from the legal issues. He is durable and SUPER talented in all phases of the game.

If I missed the 3rd down part of the discussion then whoops on me, but the title  implies ALL RBs and I’m sorry... Guice is pretty much 1 injury report away from Bust status as far as I’m concerned. A shame, really.

Love A.P. and he has done nothing but give it 100% since coming here, I'll be disappointed if he is not on the roster come September . 

17 hours ago, El Mexican said:

Absolutely, AP must be here in 2020. He made J. Gruden look like a dummy for benching him.

Just for that, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for next season.

Hunt would be awesome, though. Otherwise, any other good RBs on the market?

We desperately need depth at this position since our other three RBs are very brittle. 

Honestly i was a Gruden Supporter up until week 1 of this season. As a fan he lost me week 1 with such a idiotic decision verse the Eagles.

Archived