Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Runnigback Thread..Must bring back Adrian Peterson

bakedtater1

I thought we could use this thread to A.Make a huge case to bring back Adrian Peterson.

B.Talk about the run game,possible free agents,and what quice and love can bring.

Two points right out the gate..Ron wants to win now. And, we're all seeing how teams are winning in the playoffs right now. The 49ers with defense and the Titans running the ball down the defenders throats. And the there defense ain't bad.

Must

Bring

Back Adrian Peterson.

If Love is 100%, Thompson becomes expendable.  If not I think Thompson probably sticks (if we pick up a free agent I think he will be the casualty).  He has looked very good in flashes, but can't stay on field.  Guice and Love coming with their own injury issues, a third injury prone RB doesn't sound feasible.  AP has been the only reliable RB recently, he will be back.

Not sure why Peterson wouldn't be back. He's under contract, so the team would either have to cut him or trade him for him to not be here. And neither seems probable. The other question is how much Peterson has left in the tank. When the end comes, it tends to come fast and sudden rather than slow and gradual. But that's a risk the team will likely live with.

I don't see AP going anywhere. He is totally Ron's type of guy. Ron will need leaders in the locker room to set a tone, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Leadership on that side of the ball is a question given Haskins is unproven there and the best player Scherff is a quiet  guy

12 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Love Adrian Peterson, legend, great back.  But I want whatever Rivera wants.  I'd presume he's the type that would love Peterson -- great back but also a great example -- leader with a great work ethic.  Will see.

Agreed.

I assume Peterson will be the guy. 

But with all positions, Rivera and the OC/DC need to want to work with the guy. So... if it's not Peterson, it's not Peterson.

Though I think Guice is the more intriguing possibility of a guy he may not want due to his injury history but will likely roll with because of his upside.

17 hours ago, skinsmania123 said:

Watching Henry last night - what a beast.  We need a resilient back.  My concern is the fragility of our RB's with the exception of Peterson.  You go with him until you can't any longer.

Did you also notice that Henry and multiple of KCs players dont lean in for added and unnecessary contact? That they will go out of bounds after a long gain instead of leaning back in for 3 more yards of rough impact? 

I remembered that after reading your post for some reason and I want to make sure im not making it up. 

I wish AP would buy the 'Skins and be the only player/owner in pro sports history. Bringing him back is a "no brainer". Question is how much does he want to come back and for how much? The fact that he remains their most reliable option speaks for itself and the fact that he even plays for the "Skins is a result of desperation and typical poor draft choices and other player acquisition by you know who.

1 minute ago, Smurf3 said:

I wish AP would buy the 'Skins and be the only player/owner in pro sports history. Bringing him back is a "no brainer". Question is how much does he want to come back and for how much? The fact that he remains their most reliable option speaks for itself and the fact that he even plays for the "Skins is a result of desperation and typical poor draft choices and other player acquisition by you know who.

He's under contract.

52 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Did you also notice that Henry and multiple of KCs players dont lean in for added and unnecessary contact? That they will go out of bounds after a long gain instead of leaning back in for 3 more yards of rough impact? 

I remembered that after reading your post for some reason and I want to make sure im not making it up. 

Yes of course and for some RB's it extends their career. Do you believe Guice leans in for unnecessary contact?  I think he does.  But don't you think that works for some players and not others?  For example AP seems to seek contact and extra yardage, and it works for him. He has provided some tutelage for Guice, but what works for one RB does not work for another.      

Bryce and Guice could be a great tandem, problem is that the chances of either one of them making it through a full season is low.  Both?  Practically no chance.  

AP is durable.  And he might not have breakaway speed anymore but at least he can get to the field.  I'll take a beat up pickup truck with 200k miles on it if I know it's reliable rather than a Ferrari that's more fun to drive but needs to go to the shop a few times a year.  

Archived