Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hypothetical- Cincy throws a curveball and take Chase. Would you take Joe Burrow?

RichmondRedskin88

33 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

now, I know he's not that kind of guy, but imagine just for a moment if he DID do this; then imagine what it would do to the draft, Redskins and other top 10 players in the room.

He’s a Midwest guy, he originally went to OSU, he met his girlfriend at OSU, and presumably she’s from the state somewhere.

I think he’s going to be fine going to Cincy.  Unless he absolutely hates the coaching staff and owner. And I would get that. But I think it’s more likely he’s sees it as a challenge and that he could be a hero in his home area.  

Assuming he likes the Midwest, and I am assuming he does because he started out at OSU.

Gawd, I luvvit.......who woulda thought we'd even be able to have conversations like this a month ago?

There's not going to be any loopy deals made to move up to #1 because we finally have serious professionals in charge, that IMO is the sole deciding factor.

Not Vinny on meth

Not a boozy Bruce saying "You talkin to me?" at the mirror

Ron Rivera & Co.

And I have been very specifically putting it that way, Ron Rivera & Co., a consensus decision made by a group of vets that actually know wtf they are doing.

That renders a lot of the talk floating around moot 

15 hours ago, skins island connection said:

I was talking to a co-worker today about Burrow and the likelihood of him going to the Bungles, then this spewed out of my mouth;

" it would be hilarious and would flatline Twitter Facebook and Google for that matter if Burrow came out and said he will not play for Cincinnati ".

now, I know he's not that kind of guy, but imagine just for a moment if he DID do this; then imagine what it would do to the draft, Redskins and other top 10 players in the room.

Then followed by.....I will not play for the Redskins!

Fun times ahead!

Rumor season starting.  If this is true, and got my doubts about it, I'd say to the Dolphins heck yes you got a deal. 

https://primetimesportstalk.com/2020/01/16/report-dolphins-trying-to-aquire-no-1-pick-to-select-joe-burrow/

The Cincinnati Bengals were awarded the No. 1 overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft after going 2-14 on the season. Many people are assuming that they will take LSU standout quarterback Joe Burrow with the first selection since they are looking for a replacement starting quarterback. However, there have been rumors that another team trying to tank for a starting quarterback may be sliding into the Cincinnati’s phone line to make a move for the pick. 

That team would be the Miami Dolphins, who are also looking for their new starting quarterback. What has been circulating has been a major trade deal that would forfeit multiple first-round picks for the chance of drafting Joe Burrow. The reports have the Miami Dolphins trading a similar package as follows.

Cincinnati Bengals would receive: 

• 2020 first-round pick (fifth overall)
  • 2020 first-round pick (18th overall)
  • 2020 second-round pick (39th overall)
  • 2021 first-round pick
  • 2021 third-round pick

Miami Dolphins would receive: 

• 2020 first-round pick (first overall)

This trade would ultimately give up most of the Dolphins’ first-rounders that they had accumulated this past year through trading their better players. This trade would also lock in the fact of the Dolphins rebuilding the team for the future through Joe Burrow. Originally, at the beginning of the season, the team was locked in on Alabama’s star quarterback Tua Tagovailoa and they will still be able to get him with the fifth overall pick. But with injury concerns to Tagovailoa, the team could use a handful of their assets to trade up in the draft and get a quarterback who has not dealt with injuries. 

Burrow has begun to show a lot of character flaws:

1. Arrogance: Getting himself fitted for a ring before the title game

2. Poor Judgement: Admits to Barstool sports that he went out drinking after the win but has no recollection where they went and what they did

3. Lazy: Skipping the Senior Bowl and says will take a full 2 weeks off before starting draft prep

3. Lack of Empathy: Throws LSU and teammates under the compliance bus by admitting to getting real cash from OBJ, because "I'm not a student-athlete anymore so I can say this".

Big Red Flags for this Colt-Brennen replica, System QB who got to throw to 3 First-Rounders and whose noodle arm can't make the throws outside the numbers!

54 minutes ago, skinbuck said:

2. Poor Judgement: Admits to Barstool sports that he went out drinking after the win but has no recollection where they went and what they did

3. Lazy: Skipping the Senior Bowl and says will take a full 2 weeks off before starting draft prep

3. Lack of Empathy: Throws LSU and teammates under the compliance bus by admitting to getting real cash from OBJ, because "I'm not a student-athlete anymore so I can say this".

Big Red Flags for this Colt-Brennen replica, System QB who got to throw to 3 First-Rounders and whose noodle arm can't make the throws outside the numbers!

I'm trying to figure out what is lazier. Not going to a Sr bowl that will have zero affect or his draft stock or using the number 3 for two separate points about laziness and lack of empathy. 

As for the contents of the post, here you go. 

1. The entire team was fitted for rings before the game. Burrow had nothing to do with it. If he skipped it, I'm sure you would have a 3rd point 3 about how he doesn't go to team functions. 

2. I'm not going to act like this is a good thing, but he's doing what every other player does in that situation. So kind of hard to say it's poor judgement based on this one thing. 

3. (The first one) There is nothing lazy about this. This is the smart move. He's going #1 overall. He also got a little banged up in that championship game. He can let his body heal. The top draft picks don't go to the Sr bowl. 

3. (The second one)  His statement has less to do with his teammates and more to do with the NCAA. If you want to defend the NCAA, you will probably be on your own with that one. 

8 hours ago, Audible_Red40 said:

Then followed by.....I will not play for the Redskins!

Fun times ahead!

Why do you wanna make me cry???

1 hour ago, skinbuck said:

hater...

Just imagine what he could do throwing deep to McLaren? { I know its McLaurin but IMO he IS a McLaren; or a Veyron, or a Koenigsegg, a Countach, a Hennessey Venom, or a, well, you get the picture..}

Ok, so this was written tongue-in-cheek, to a) highlight the type of scrutiny he'll now start going through as the draft process kicks in and NFL-types try to unearth any possible minutiae b) draw a parallel to the Haskins critiques, many of which were similarly flimsy.

I do really like Burrow, to be clear. He brings a lot to the table. But I'm also somewhat leery of some of the 'system' aspect of his success, and don't quite view him as a true blue-blood.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rumor season starting.  If this is true, and got my doubts about it, I'd say to the Dolphins heck yes you got a deal. 

https://primetimesportstalk.com/2020/01/16/report-dolphins-trying-to-aquire-no-1-pick-to-select-joe-burrow/

I actually think, assuming health, the Dolphins will take Tua at 5.  

He’s the guy they wanted at the beginning of the season, they don’t have to give up picks, and unless somebody trades up, neither Detroit nor NYG are taking him at 3 or 4, and assuming the Skins don’t take him at 2, he’ll be there.

I WISH there was a way to convince the Dolphins to trade up with us and then trade back up with Detroit to get Young at 3, maybe pick up a pick or something, but that only happens in the movies.  

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He’s the guy they wanted at the beginning of the season, they don’t have to give up picks, and unless somebody trades up, neither Detroit nor NYG are taking him at 3 or 4, and assuming the Skins don’t take him at 2, he’ll be there.

I WISH there was a way to convince the Dolphins to trade up with us and then trade back up with Detroit to get Young at 3, maybe pick up a pick or something, but that only happens in the movies.  

What’s more likely is Miami trading up to #3 and then up to #2, so we still get Young and they prevent another team trading ahead of them, but that’s still very unlikely. Detroit would have no incentive not to wait until draft day to make a trade. 

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The Cincinnati Bengals were awarded the No. 1 overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft after going 2-14 on the season. Many people are assuming that they will take LSU standout quarterback Joe Burrow with the first selection since they are looking for a replacement starting quarterback. However, there have been rumors that another team trying to tank for a starting quarterback may be sliding into the Cincinnati’s phone line to make a move for the pick. 

That team would be the Miami Dolphins, who are also looking for their new starting quarterback. What has been circulating has been a major trade deal that would forfeit multiple first-round picks for the chance of drafting Joe Burrow. The reports have the Miami Dolphins trading a similar package as follows.

Cincinnati Bengals would receive: 

• 2020 first-round pick (fifth overall)
  • 2020 first-round pick (18th overall)
  • 2020 second-round pick (39th overall)
  • 2021 first-round pick
  • 2021 third-round pick

Miami Dolphins would receive: 

• 2020 first-round pick (first overall)

This trade would ultimately give up most of the Dolphins’ first-rounders that they had accumulated this past year through trading their better players. This trade would also lock in the fact of the Dolphins rebuilding the team for the future through Joe Burrow. Originally, at the beginning of the season, the team was locked in on Alabama’s star quarterback Tua Tagovailoa and they will still be able to get him with the fifth overall pick. But with injury concerns to Tagovailoa, the team could use a handful of their assets to trade up in the draft and get a quarterback who has not dealt with injuries. 

That is flat out insanity. No one is worth that, especially when you are a team like Miami that has gutted their entire roster

I like Joe Burrow, he was so locked in this season, it was incredible. This is not to hate on him, I think he could be really good but QB’s are hard for me to assess.  However,  Is he is the definition of a One Year Wonder? 

That one year was historical though and cannot be discounted. Is it sustainable? My feeling is the talk of generational talent and this and that seem premature and presumptuous. The NFL is a different Monster. 

75DD7DAA-2571-4603-9C85-C76F212759FB.jpeg

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

What’s more likely is Miami trading up to #3 and then up to #2, so we still get Young and they prevent another team trading ahead of them, but that’s still very unlikely. Detroit would have no incentive not to wait until draft day to make a trade. 

Why would Miami try to trade up to 3, then 2?  Just to prevent somebody from jumping up to grab Tua?  

It’s possible, but they probably could get Tua at 5. 

Unless there is a thought WE take Tua.  Which is possible but unlikely. 

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It's hard to tell what Rivera is thinking about our roster, at this point.

6 hours ago, skinbuck said:

5 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

I'm trying to figure out what is lazier. Not going to a Sr bowl that will have zero affect or his draft stock or using the number 3 for two separate points about laziness and lack of empathy. 

Maybe the guy above you is just trying to get Burrow to drop to the 2nd pick.

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Why would Miami try to trade up to 3, then 2?  Just to prevent somebody from jumping up to grab Tua?  

Depends how good Tua looks as we get closer to the draft. If his medicals check out and he looks good in his throwing session, I could easily see at least the Chargers and Panthers willing to trade up to #2 - maybe even Jax, LV, or Indy. That threat would worry Miami if they really love Tua (which all signs seem to point to already). All we’d need is to establish for Miami to become worried enough to trade up to #2 is the threat of being willing to trade with other teams if given the right offer. 

But, if I’m the Redskins, I tell teams I’m not moving out of the #2 spot unless I get a Godfather offer or unless I can move down and can still draft Young. Which means a team would have to trade up to #3 then trade with us up to #2. Overall, I think a team would have to give up less in assets to do that than to try to move us off our #2 spot from their original draft position if that means we miss out on Young.

The only team the move really doesn’t benefit is the Lions, because they’d probably get more compensation if they traded back on draft day after Burrow and Young are already off the board. So that seems to be the roadblock toward us being able to get additional draft compensation and still draft Young. 

7 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well if there is another team that is highly interested in Tua and is willing to pay a steep price for our pick, Miami could only be sure to get Tua with #2. So if they trade for #3 and the Chargers/Raiders/whoever offers us a big package of draft picks they might still not get Tua.

The reason why a team like Miami could trade up to #3 first is that it might make it cheaper for them in total. Let's assume they trade #5 and #26 to the Lions to move up to #3. A deal the Lions could be open to take. I mean they basically only move back one spot if they do not think about taking Tua themselves and add an additional first rounder. After all from the two teams that are now in front of them (Dolphins and Giants) one will take a player they do not want themselves.

Then the Dolphins sit at #3 and have a very good argument for us to trade back one spot with them. We could still get Chase Young and add some draft capital if we switch with them, e.g. one of their second round picks. Every deal with another team will mean we lose Chase Young.

So in this scenario the Dolphins would have to give up two firsts and a second to move up to #2. It would probably be more expensive for them to move up to #2 from #5. This whole sceanrio, however, only has a chance of happening if teams do not get the impression that we are all in on Young anyways.

11 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

To be specific that only happened in that stupid movie Draft Day w/ Kevin Costner.  That was one of the lazier attempts at making a football related movie.

1 hour ago, Panninho said:

Well if there is another team that is highly interested in Tua and is willing to pay a steep price for our pick, Miami could only be sure to get Tua with #2. So if they trade for #3 and the Chargers/Raiders/whoever offers us a big package of draft picks they might still not get Tua.

The reason why a team like Miami could trade up to #3 first is that it might make it cheaper for them in total. Let's assume they trade #5 and #26 to the Lions to move up to #3. A deal the Lions could be open to take. I mean they basically only move back one spot if they do not think about taking Tua themselves and add an additional first rounder. After all from the two teams that are now in front of them (Dolphins and Giants) one will take a player they do not want themselves.

Then the Dolphins sit at #3 and have a very good argument for us to trade back one spot with them. We could still get Chase Young and add some draft capital if we switch with them, e.g. one of their second round picks. Every deal with another team will mean we lose Chase Young.

So in this scenario the Dolphins would have to give up two firsts and a second to move up to #2. It would probably be more expensive for them to move up to #2 from #5. This whole sceanrio, however, only has a chance of happening if teams do not get the impression that we are all in on Young anyways.

Keep dreaming.  Why can't Redskins fans simply want the team to do things the conventional way & stop dreaming up all of these pie-in-the-sky scenarios.  BTW - don't be surprised if things actually happen differently & Tua is drafted a lot later in the 1st rd.  We have seen this play out many times in the past w/ sure thing QBs projected to go in the 1st few picks.

Archived