Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

Rubio conveniently leaves out that man who's ass he continues to kiss is the one pushing bull**** about this situation.

They are fully indoctrinated. They will be on their death beds, that the president has made, explaining how its not the presidents fault.

The man didnt even get a good price for his dignity 

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Video footage of Italy right now is scary. Its completely quiet and empty outside. Looks like one of those post apocalyptic movies.

Wait till the virus mutates and starts making people crave the flesh of others. I would say brains but then that would leave out Trump supporters. 

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

I see more people wearing masks in public everyday. I've decided to lean into this Halloween-all-year trend and am probably going to go with plague doctor bird mask myself...

I actually hope mask wearing during cold and flu season becomes a thing, because folks are nasty and inconsiderate out here.  

• Like 4

There is a cost to ignorance. We should be more worried than other developed nations because we have a chunk of population that takes pride in being dumb and the average American in general has an awful diet and is not physically healthy. 

This is one of those situations where we are well suited from the standpoint that we have a lot of smart, unselfish and well trained people in this country working in the healthcare provider sector. But they will be dealing with a population that has spent the past 50 years admiring unhealthy habits as virtuous and absorbing a load of nonsense propaganda that has left them ill equipped to be socially responsible.

• Like 5

A friend of mine asked what I thought was a good question, "Are the mortality rates linked to percentage of the population that smokes, either currently or for a long time in the past?"

Given the known risk factors, it seems a plausible explanation for why some countries have higher mortality rates.  I would think smoking would cause one's lungs to be at risk for further respiratory problems, 

11 minutes ago, gbear said:

A friend of mine asked what I thought was a good question, "Are the mortality rates linked to percentage of the population that smokes, either currently or for a long time in the past?"

Given the known risk factors, it seems a plausible explanation for why some countries have higher mortality rates.  I would think smoking would cause one's lungs to be at risk for further respiratory problems, 

I would expect that is the case, but I haven not seen any data where the smoking history is included as a variable.  

Potential case in the SEC offices on Cap Hill.  They're requiring staff to work from home while they do a 'thorough cleaning.' Potential case was last in the office on Thursday 3/5.

Their offices are in the building that is  attached to mine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/03/09/securities-exchange-commission-asks-dc-employees-work-home-due-coronavirus-scare/ 

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, BigDaddyShoo said:

Potential case in the SEC offices on Cap Hill.  They're requiring staff to work from home while they do a 'thorough cleaning.' Potential case was last in the office on Thursday 3/5.

Their offices are in the building that is  attached to mine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/03/09/securities-exchange-commission-asks-dc-employees-work-home-due-coronavirus-scare/ 

That's literally next door to my office, we talking about, mandatory remote day for testing purposes was last Tuesday. Only matter if time at this rate for us.

• Sad 3

13 hours ago, visionary said:

13 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Some tweets are hard to believe and end up being false. I highly doubt the justic department is getting involved with virus prevention posters.

It was absolutely true:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/immigration/article241046076.html

Trump administration orders immigration courts to remove coronavirus posters– then takes it back

March 10, 2020 06:00 AM

Immigration court staff nationwide were ordered by the Trump administration to take down all coronavirus posters from courtrooms and waiting areas.

The Executive Office for Immigration Review, which falls under the Department of Justice, told all judges and staff members in an email Monday that all coronavirus posters, which explain in English and Spanish how to prevent catching and spreading the virus, had to be removed immediately.

“This is just a reminder that immigration judges do not have the authority to post, or ask you to post, signage for their individual courtrooms or the waiting areas,” wrote Christopher A. Santoro, the country’s acting chief immigration judge in a mass email to immigration court administrators nationwide.

Per our leadership, the CDC flyer is not authorized for posting in the immigration courts. If you see one (attached), please remove it. Thank you.”

However on Tuesday morning— just four hours after the Miami Herald published this story—a Department of Justice spokesman contacted the Herald to say that the “the signs shouldn’t have been removed. It’s now being rectified.”

Officials declined to discuss why the email was sent in the first place, and who told the chief immigration judge to issue the directive.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/immigration/article241046076.html

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bcl05 said:

I would expect that is the case, but I haven not seen any data where the smoking history is included as a variable.  

It has been inferred from studies in China where males are impacted more, though females do have slightly better immune systems than men.

I'm sure work exposure to chemicals is probably higher in men there as well......accumulative damage over the years increases the odds of severe symptoms