Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

57 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

the virus is about to get real bad and he doesn’t want to be there to face the music...

the virus has been real bad all along and most of us are gonna go broke facing the music...

JUST FIXIN THAT FOR YA. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
18 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

the virus has been real bad all along and most of us are gonna go broke facing the music...

JUST FIXIN THAT FOR YA. 

The economy doesn’t seem to be that bad... at least people are still spending money...

the jobs situation hasn’t gotten any worse since September-October. Amazon is hiring...

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
15 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The economy doesn’t seem to be that bad... at least people are still spending money...

the jobs situation hasn’t gotten any worse since September-October. Amazon is hiring...

Hey, @Jumbo...I'm out of energy. 

You taught me so much.

• Haha 1

We've been essentially hunkered down now since March. Very lucky in that my wife was allowed to work from home (which has been going great) but even here in Delaware where it isn't talked about being as bad as elsewhere numbers keep steadily rising, people have been holding private parties and spreading the **** faster than they would at the bars and basically just pretending like it's not a thing here.

Know one guy, tested positive, showing symptoms but trying to keep it a secret so he doesn't lose his job, still seeing his GF and her family and they're all just in denial about it, "God will protect us" horse**** and I cannot wrap my head around it at all.

Caught some BS over Thanksgiving from the wife's family because we didn't go spend it with her 89yr old mother 'cuz of the 'Rona. Apparently we are afraid to live!

The underlying stupidity in all of this is just exhausting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
48 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

We've been essentially hunkered down now since March. Very lucky in that my wife was allowed to work from home (which has been going great) but even here in Delaware where it isn't talked about being as bad as elsewhere numbers keep steadily rising, people have been holding private parties and spreading the **** faster than they would at the bars and basically just pretending like it's not a thing here.

Know one guy, tested positive, showing symptoms but trying to keep it a secret so he doesn't lose his job, still seeing his GF and her family and they're all just in denial about it, "God will protect us" horse**** and I cannot wrap my head around it at all.

Caught some BS over Thanksgiving from the wife's family because we didn't go spend it with her 89yr old mother 'cuz of the 'Rona. Apparently we are afraid to live!

Thanks for your intelligence. 

It keeps me laughing. 

2 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Sorry, I had to come back to this. 

I'm afraid of NOT living.  I've lost enough, and I'm determined to be happy again at some point. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, LD0506 said:

I would rather say we are eager to live, and are protecting ourselves for the better days ahead.

I'm wondering how much of those that are preaching "no mask" would agree to have unsafe sex with someone they know has AIDS?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, EmirOfShmo said:

The replies in this tweet are a sad, pathetic display of what the lies spewed by the White House Occupant have done to the minds of his moronic followers. 

Unfortunately, it’s not just his moronic followers. The continuation of misinformation from his administration, and politicizing of mask wearing have been so persistent that I’ve seen it affect even non-followers. That is what should be remembered about this administration. Their inability to do the right thing at almost every step in this pandemic, has led a large part of this population down an insanely dangerous path.

Reading just some of those replies, I am continually astounded at the amount of stupid in this country. So many Americans are self-affected jackoffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Unfortunately, it’s not just his moronic followers. The continuation of misinformation from his administration, and politicizing of mask wearing have been so persistent that I’ve seen it affect even non-followers. That is what should be remembered about this administration. Their inability to do the right thing at almost every step in this pandemic, has led a large part of this population down an insanely dangerous path.

Reading just some of those replies, I am continually astounded at the amount of stupid in this country. So many Americans are self-affected jackoffs.

Yeah, you're right. And now he's doing it with his 'election fraud' bull****. 

• Like 2

.I suspect that it is the same "Tea Party" folks behind the anti-mask propaganda... FreedomWorks (or organizations like that)?  Dark money PACs that claim to be "grassroots" but are actually more like astroturf... ie.  some small group is being funded to organize and they attract like minded citizens.  At least we used to call that astroturfing. 

They are pushing "open up doctors" like the Frontline American's Doctors group.  Think about this pitch (hypothetical).  Are you a conservative doctor? We will pay you 50k to travel around the country and pitch "masks don't work disinformation".  You can also fundraise off this for your own efforts, being an out of work dr. because of your views.  

4 hours ago, LD0506 said:

If there's one thing I used to kind of roll my eyes at before all this started, it was this.  It was "whatever."  And now it just ****ing drives me nuts.  

22 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Perhaps it's only my minimal knowledge of Christianity speaking here, but I would think the guy in the sky would be cool with folks not attending physical church, and doing their prayers at home online vs. potentially spreading a deadly virus and sending folks to see him earlier than expected.

I think you have a good grasp on it.  But some Christians love to feel like they're being persecuted.  I call it persecution envy.  

• Like 1

Re: Churches

There are 5 churches my wife and I have history with... two are regional megachurches and three are local. 

One megachurch sued over CA shutdown orders and had 9th Circuit Federal case, they lost but prior to the recent SCOTUS ruling. But Pastor is relatively polite about restrictions and his convictions. Lawsuit is over the determination that "church is not essential". 

Megachurch two has followed the guidelines and focussed on Jesus.  However, they have campus visiters for long term ministry training and because of a local outbreak, fingers were pointed at them. 

Local church one, I suspect has a dark money PAC for a patron and has gone crazy over COVID.  They are actively defying the local health order and going with "masks don't help", "open up" type of ideological belief.  Old folks at risk can be sacrificed.... they have lived a long life. 

Local churches two and three are following the orders and focussing on Jesus.

SO 37% of healthcare workers won't get the vaccine?

Some Health Care Workers Are Wary Of Getting COVID-19 Vaccines

Health care workers are expected to be first in line to be offered a COVID-19 vaccine when one is available.

It makes sense: Getting a safe, effective vaccine would help keep them and their patients healthy. Seeing doctors, nurses and medical aides getting COVID-19 vaccines would also set an example for the community.

But the speed of COVID-19 vaccine development, along with concerns about political interference with the process, has left some health care workers on the fence about COVID-19 vaccines.

So many health care workers are expressing concerns and anxiety about getting COVID-19 vaccines that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says addressing hesitancy in this group is a top priority. A CDC survey, shared at a public meeting of its vaccine advisory committee on Nov. 23, found that 63% of health care workers polled in recent months said they would get a COVID-19 vaccine.

Click on the link for the full article

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Perhaps it's only my minimal knowledge of Christianity speaking here, but I would think the guy in the sky would be cool with folks not attending physical church, and doing their prayers at home online vs. potentially spreading a deadly virus and sending folks to see him earlier than expected.

I'm not much of a believer.

But I'd believe that he must be wondering what did he miss in his creation so we turned out to be THAT stupid...

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The God I believe in isn't short on cash, either.  He accepts thanks. 

Just sayin.

Here's my take, if you want to give God credit and think he'll protect you, cool, but he did by sending doctors and nurses and medicine and science and all the rest and you're blowing the big guy off because he didn't come down to your door personally??

Bad move

• Like 3
7 hours ago, LD0506 said:

"God will protect us" horse**** and I cannot wrap my head around it at all.

There’s a parable of a man lost at sea saying god will protect him every time a rescue opportunity revealed itself. 

“I gave you a cdc to give you advice, the best research and academic institutions to study it, and 10 months warning. What else you want from me?!”

• Thanks 2
50 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Here's my take, if you want to give God credit and think he'll protect you, cool, but he did by sending doctors and nurses and medicine and science and all the rest and you're blowing the big guy off because he didn't come down to your door personally??

Bad move

I’m an athiest, and I agree, but counterpoint:

God didn’t want man to enjoy the comfort of an apple’s sweetness. Satan revealed it.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84